One Pocket at Chris's Billiards

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The first Onepocket tournament for the new regime at Chris's Billiards in Chicago is scheduled for Saturday, Oct 12th. Sign up is 11 am. $50 entry fee. $500 added if over 20 players sign up. Double elimination. Race to 3, race to 2 on the losers side.

Beard

I will even try and play out of respect for the new owner Buddy. If I do, I will get my ailing friend George Pawelski to come in from Wisconsin and have pizza with me and his girl friend.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
The first Onepocket tournament for the new regime at Chris's Billiards in Chicago is scheduled for Saturday, Oct 12th. Sign up is 11 am. $50 entry fee. $500 added if over 20 players sign up. Double elimination. Race to 3, race to 2 on the losers side.

Beard

I will even try and play out of respect for the new owner Buddy. If I do, I will get my ailing friend George Pawelski to come in from Wisconsin and have pizza with me and his girl friend.

Is that the Buddy that was the house/counter man before? Good luck, Buddy.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Mary Kenniston has been posting pool photos in albums on her Facebook page for several years now, and there are a ton of really neat photos -- some old and rare, some you have seen before in magazines or books. Some from personal snapshot collections, and some from our photographer friends on the internet, like Bill Porter, Rixx Images and me :D Anyway, since a lot of you will appreciate this one, and not all of you are even on Facebook, I snitched this one:

Freddy the Beard competing in a 9-ball tournament at Marie's Golden Cue in 1977 -- photo courtesy Ed Laube via Mary Kenniston

Attachments

• 77-Marie-Golden-Cue-Laube-pic.jpg
    77-Marie-Golden-Cue-Laube-pic.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 0

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
That's Johnny Brown watching Freddy play.
Johnny contracted Polio when he was young, he walked with braces on his legs all his life!

He was a GREAT pool/3cushion bug.

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois

Beard

One Pocket tournament bump for Chris's today. I promised Buddy I would give him a plug.

Beard