F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
There's way too much going on with an elevated cue from a sharp angle. If I chose that shot I would be just wanting to lay whitey on the foot rail with blockage.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Jesus he clobbered it!! the key to the shot is not trying to make the combo, just move the 9 toward your hole and trap him behind the 8 ball. WOW
P.S. banking the 6 ball and going underneath the 7 and 9 ball and behind the 8 ball was NOT an option

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
How about the wrong angle to bank the 6 even close and getting the qb under those balls. But the 6 could go off one of those balls closer to the center of the table

The angle looked good to me.
Rod.
P.S. I don't see so well anymore, thankfully the pockets are in the same place they've always been. :)

senor

Verified Member
The angle looked good to me.
Rod.
P.S. I don't see so well anymore, thankfully the pockets are in the same place they've always been. :)

Shorten up the bridge and it should be an option. Freddy?:help

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm not trying to play results but the kick shot was a bit of a stretch for a B player and below. Plus the 14ball is a big ball for Mr Rubble, not only does it go in Barney's pocket and not in Fred's but it also opens up the cluster for Barney if and when he should get to it. With this understanding and really no good option available ...thinning off the 14ball with left english and spinning two cushions around and ending up with the cue ball near the 15ball on Barney's side of the table is a good option. This option will open up a couple balls on Fred's side of the table plus take away the advantage with the 14ball that Barney has and position the cue ball where Barney will have only a passive safety for a return shot. Imo the kick shot was not a high percentage shot and had to be hit exceptionally good to benefit by it. Also, imo the kick was just as easy to hit bad as it was to hit good, so my contention is to shoot a shot that you can hit good 98% of the time and protect your 2 to 0 lead while building a stronger position and protect it.

Another passive yet effective option would of been to bank the 15ball to your side and position the cue ball close to or frozen to the 3ball. From that position Fred would not only gain a stronger position but would also have the next good move because of where he would of positioned the cue ball.

However, if the 6ball was positioned to play Vapro's shot then of course that would be the shot but if not then the two somewhat passive shots that I described would then become worthy of shooting.

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm not trying to play results but the kick shot was a bit of a stretch for a B player and below. Plus the 14ball is a big ball for Mr Rubble, not only does it go in Barney's pocket and not in Fred's but it also opens up the cluster for Barney if and when he should get to it. With this understanding and really no good option available ...thinning off the 14ball with left english and spinning two cushions around and ending up with the cue ball near the 15ball on Barney's side of the table is a good option. This option will open up a couple balls on Fred's side of the table plus take away the advantage with the 14ball that Barney has and position the cue ball where Barney will have only a passive safety for a return shot. Imo the kick shot was not a high percentage shot and had to be hit exceptionally good to benefit by it. Also, imo the kick was just as easy to hit bad as it was to hit good, so my contention is to shoot a shot that you can hit good 98% of the time and protect your 2 to 0 lead while building a stronger position and protect it.

Another passive yet effective option would of been to bank the 15ball to your side and position the cue ball close to or frozen to the 3ball. From that position Fred would not only gain a stronger position but would also have the next good move because of where he would of positioned the cue ball.

However, if the 6ball was positioned to play Vapro's shot then of course that would be the shot but if not then the two somewhat passive shots that I described would then become worthy of shooting.

Dr. Bill

Billy, You are smoking crack at 4 am these days? put down the crack pipe and pay attention. The shot you suggested isn't worth 2 dead flies. This is What Would You Do... if YOU would thin the 14 ball is this situation... RETIRE!!! :eek::sorry:lol
P.S. banking the 6 ball to the HOLE and getting behind the balls was not an option because the angle is not there. As far as banking the 6 ball off one of those balls by the spot, one of those balls might come toward your opponents hole and leave him straight in.
By the way the way Barney hit the kick to me looks like he was undecided what he wanted to do.. make the combo, play the move, make the combo, play the move and because of that he hit it like shit. It is an EASY to just move the 9 toward your hole and duck the cue ball behind the 8 ball.