F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm gonna bank the 6 more or less toward my pocket, and draw the rock - er - stone - er - the cue ball to the long rail, then to the short rail and into the trap I have prepared for poor Barney. I'm much too smart for him.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
There is really only one thing to do here and that is to bet the wives on this game and then shoot the six straight in the upper corner pocket and stick the cue ball right there on that cluster. Ya-ba-da-ba-do! Hello Betty. :D

Tom

8andout

Verified Member
I would probably bank the 6 also and try to make it. But that seems too simple for this forum. How about clearing the 7 and freezing the cueball to the 9.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I'm gonna bank the 6 more or less toward my pocket, and draw the rock - er - stone - er - the cue ball to the long rail, then to the short rail and into the trap I have prepared for poor Barney. I'm much too smart for him.

Not a bad shot V-man..But if Fred passes up a 1 rail kick, on the 7 ball, (even though he's over a ball)...thereby sending the 9 over to his hole, and dropping the cue ball behind the 8, and possibly winning the game...Then that is NOT the Fred I knew ! :eek:

treeMan

Verified Member
Don't know if I would be confident in controlling this shot in a high stakes game, but for friendly money I'd try this double carom with a touch of low right spin (guess you may have to open the attachment to see it). Opens up the balls and leave's Barney in a trap.

I developed a decent feel for these double caroms after Dr Bill talked about it once a long time ago.

tree

Attachments

• ff's shot1.jpg
    ff's shot1.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

You're the man Bill.
Forget the trap, just play shape on the 8 ball.:)
Rod.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Don't know if I would be confident in controlling this shot in a high stakes game, but for friendly money I'd try this double carom with a touch of low right spin (guess you may have to open the attachment to see it). Opens up the balls and leave's Barney in a trap.

I developed a decent feel for these double caroms after Dr Bill talked about it once a long time ago.

tree

That's a good one, something to keep in mind!

I'd still bank the 6 and come behind the traffic, though, just because I'm more confident with that.

backplaying

Verified Member
Look like two choices. I like trying to win the game here and banking the 6, if I can control the speed of both balls. If not I like hackers kick.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Nice shot but adding the second rail will send the ball into the pocket since it's off a bit. The ball needs to be cut a bit. Cue ball will go to a safe area.

cant see how you can tuck under the 8 that way?
if you come from the short rail
it looks to me to make the combo(coming from the short rail) you would hit the 7 too full for the cue ball to drift high enough to get behind the few balls left in the stack area
icbw
you are usually right
i agree the combo isnt on with the way i diagrammed it thats why i put the 9 towards the hole
getting the 9 over to the pocket seems strong you are strengthening your position and making it difficult for barney to play safe

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
cant see how you can tuck under the 8 that way?
if you come from the short rail
it looks to me to make the combo(coming from the short rail) you would hit the 7 too full for the cue ball to drift high enough to get behind the few balls left in the stack area
icbw
you are usually right
i agree the combo isnt on with the way i diagrammed it thats why i put the 9 towards the hole
getting the 9 over to the pocket seems strong you are strengthening your position and making it difficult for barney to play safe

You're right about the cue ball not going toward the eight. It will go the other way toward the six ball and in position to do some more damage. Not ducking here.