Girl Commentators … The Votes Are In ... (Tally, Tally) ...Yes!

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

Recently I caught a few minutes of the Ginky Memorial at Steinway. Besides featuring a fine, and free, stream, it showcased a girl behind the mic. Didn’t catch Gail’s last name, but I believe she is affianced to Tony Robles.

Gail explained from the start that she was an amateur player, didn’t pretend to be anything more. But she seemed to have picked up some pool chops from competing in local contests. And, I imagine, from Tony.

Beyond her (to my amateur ear) knowledgeable comments, Gail’s voice was melodic -- it implied a sense of humor and conveyed the notion that fun was just about to break out.

In other words … Gail engaged us, informed us, amused us … and invited us into her merry world.

My takeaway? Pool could prosper from more girls at more levels. No, not the Bonus Ball girls! You tweeners!

Music appreciation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. A suggestion … let’s not become too enamored with celebrity-inspired portmanteaux such as Brangelina, Bennifer, etc. On this particular Ginky stream, the Tony-cited mashup of Tony and Gail -- Toenail -- manages to be sort of cute and sort of creepy at the same time. Reassess, please.

P. P. S. A couple of pals have commented on how few responses there are to my ostensibly brilliant threads. Speculation is that many of my posts are read mostly by unwary site-rookies.

I can imagine a typical chap -- I can sympathetically imagine this unsuspecting newcomer -- innocently sauntering about ... checking out this post and that post. Then! Gasp! He encounters one from La Sunny and he flees -- Edvard Munch-like -- gaping and gasping in horror.

(An apology is probably thus in order to forum execs for my having driven so many of your potential contributing members into medically-stipulated structured settings, where -- one hopes! -- counseling, appropriate meds and, well, a dose of good luck, will speed their recoveries. Ever so sorry!)

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Dear Gentle Readers,

Recently I caught a few minutes of the Ginky Memorial at Steinway. Besides featuring a fine, and free, stream, it showcased a girl behind the mic. Didn’t catch Gail’s last name, but I believe she is affianced to Tony Robles.

Gail explained from the start that she was an amateur player, didn’t pretend to be anything more. But she seemed to have picked up some pool chops from competing in local contests. And, I imagine, from Tony.

Beyond her (to my amateur ear) knowledgeable comments, Gail’s voice was melodic -- it implied a sense of humor and conveyed the notion that fun was just about to break out.

In other words … Gail engaged us, informed us, amused us … and invited us into her merry world.

My takeaway? Pool could prosper from more girls at more levels. No, not the Bonus Ball girls! You tweeners!

Music appreciation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. A suggestion … let’s not become too enamored with celebrity-inspired portmanteaux such as Brangelina, Bennifer, etc. On this particular Ginky stream, the Tony-cited mashup of Tony and Gail -- Toenail -- manages to be sort of cute and sort of creepy at the same time. Reassess, please.

P. P. S. A couple of pals have commented on how few responses there are to my ostensibly brilliant threads. Speculation is that many of my posts are read mostly by unwary site-rookies.

I can imagine a typical chap -- I can sympathetically imagine this unsuspecting newcomer -- innocently sauntering about ... checking out this post and that post. Then! Gasp! He encounters one from La Sunny and he flees -- Edvard Munch-like -- gaping and gasping in horror.

(An apology is probably thus in order to forum execs for my having driven so many of your potential contributing members into medically-stipulated structured settings, where -- one hopes! -- counseling, appropriate meds and, well, a dose of good luck, will speed their recoveries. Ever so sorry!)

Women as TDs and Refs are perfect for our game. Men have difficulty going head to head against women when they know they are Wrong. With a man, a whole nother matter. Evelyn Dysart comes to mind, as well as the female referee in Europe. Tough gals, with a Velvet touch, but the velvet is Not guaranteed to be smooth.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
i think the girls should be involved in all aspects of cue sports-as long as they dont come in and try to change things(same for new men) the establishment is there-dont rock the boat. Pool aint for the feint of heart or PC fags, so things can and do get vulgar sometimes in action rooms, and thats just how I like it.

the girls I know in pool are awesome, Sarah, Ming, Mary Kennigston, Jeanette, OMGWTF, Samm, etc. they are all great!!! And its great to have them in pool, I treat them all very nicely and they do me as well. And when the shit hits the fan they are all warriors, I respect that.