Get Out The Popcorn Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
OK, I get to play this game of cutting and pasting to make my point too, and also give the Ghost a reality check.

From the Ghost: First of all, to make this clear to all - I wasn't getting staked by John in this partners match - although the phrasing he used in his post "putting up % of the money" can make it sound as if he was ...that said..if somebody wants to bet more $$$ than I'm betting in a partners match - it sure as hell doesn't give them the right to tell me what shots to shoot - especially when I know the game better than they do...and re. the fact that most people/players believe Dr. Billy to be the best analyzer of players speeds and match-ups in the pool-gambling world today...

Me: I never suggested I was staking you. You came up to me before the match and asked if I would take $800 of the $1,000 bet. The reason I agreed was I did not want you getting doggy on me betting more than you were comfortable with. Pretty stupid of me.

Bill is my traveling partner and always has a small piece of my action, as does SJD. I ALWAYS have most of it. That doesn't have anything to do with you only wanting 1/5th of the bet.

Yes, it does give me the right to suggest shots to you when you won't shoot the obvious shot. I don't care what Billy told you to stroke you about the shot. He is very smart about matching up games. You are his horse now, you think he is going to criticize a shot choice that helped them get the $$. All I know is they were grinning like a couple Cheshire cats when you chose that shot. If I would have kept my mouth shut and not told you what to shoot, you probably would have chosen the right shot if you thought you figured it out by yourself, instead of the skyrocket you did shoot.

Ghost: It was a short race - to 4 or 5, I forget....and as previously/correctly said, neither John or I played well in this match (but John's bad play was much more costly to us)...all that said..what were the two main/glaring reasons causing to lose this short race?...
#1. In the third game Billy made the corner ball on his break, and with open balls spreading out for him to run - he ran 6, and we had no chance to win that game after that...#2. In another game, Freddy scratched with the score somewhere's around 2-2 - it's John's shot - he has a wide open table with runnable open balls in down-table and mid-table positions..with ball in hand, John has a perfect ball to shoot at, 6" in front of him - he dogs it - shoots it straight into the long rail, putting his head down on the table afterwards in dismay.....Billy proceeds to run 5-6 balls, and we lose that game.

Me: The only game we won, I made a combo bank and ran five or six balls. I did miss an easy shot after a scratch and was pissed at myself. You missed two similar shots, but probably do not remember that. As bad as I played, and it was bad, you played worse.

We both played poorly, but you cannot admit to yourself or anyone else that you possibly did anything wrong. Your constant "defending yourself' over any actual or imagined criticism of your play or opinion suggests you are insecure about the very things you defend against.

You are a good player and have received lots of kudos, some from me, about your game. Doesn't mean you are right ALL the time.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Nope....no popcorn days and nights gonna be provided by me...I already gave my (realistic) side of the story...nothing more to say.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
What I want...

What I want...

.....to know after listening to Bill on tapes for years and his unparralled standing in the pool world...............when exactly did he have time to become a DR?Or is that a euphemistic title?I dont really care but I sure am curious...........no offense intended here,thanks,James

Jimmy B

Verified Member

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
That......

That......

maybe but he's in a No Parking and those NO cops are for sure going to tow him and the wife and beer along with the sled.I had no idea it snowed in NO.........maybe it just floats down OLd Man River from Minnesota in January..........or maybe thats a cool Formica table from the 50's,I caint quite tell...........what say you JB???

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Nope....no popcorn days and nights gonna be provided by me...I already gave my (realistic) side of the story...nothing more to say.

Too bad, I thought we would have a little fun with this.

Maybe you will have something to say about this. I am feeling a little froggy.

I will come back to Chicago, November would be good, and play you a race to 12 for 5k, and give you a game on the wire.

Billy has to guarantee the $$, and another option if I win, I will play him for all or part of the 5k a shorter race, me getting 9/7.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Thats a .....

Thats a .....

....capital idea John.How about though Phx in Nov at Kolbys,Lenny can stream,so some added revenue for you both and free hotel rooms compliments of 1P.org or someone there with connections?Cheers,James

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
....capital idea John.How about though Phx in Nov at Kolbys,Lenny can stream,so some added revenue for you both and free hotel rooms compliments of 1P.org or someone there with connections?Cheers,James

HOTEL?!? I'm sure Dick will insist they stay with him. And he'll no doubt pick up their bar tabs just for the honor of having them.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Thats true.....

Thats true.....

....with friends in the Southwest one is rich in the winter..........

1on1pooltournys

Verified Member

I will come back to Chicago, November would be good, and play you a race to 12 for 5k, and give you a game on the wire.

Billy has to guarantee the $$, and another option if I win, I will play him for all or part of the 5k a shorter race, me getting 9/7.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

They can't accuse you of not gambling John! Nice "if" bet. I will have to start using those.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

I would do that. The nut would be lower cause I can drive there.

Cloidius

Verified Member

John,

I like your style.

Clyde

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Dr.Bill, you got action. I know you beat John before now he is calling you out. Sometimes you just got to get up and show your heart. I think this is really gambling not him getting the best of you or you getting the best of him. Lets see what happens next.Who is the real gambler here. Dr.Bill or John Henderson I'll play the winner 12-4 and the break for all of it. LOL J.K.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

John, I like your style, always have. Your a good guy to play and you make fair games, make no mistake about it, however, the 9/7 game you're asking me for is a little out of line since I broke even with The Ghost at 10/8. We played three times and we're dead even, so I guess if i'm figuring right that the same game The Ghost and I play should be the game for you and me...right? We played at the DCC and I gave you 9/8 8/7 and won easily, only because you played your worst game and you know it. If you play your best game and I play my best game I don't know what would happen but i'm willing to find out. We don't have to play for a lot of money, 3k would be a good bet if you like. See you down the road, and if you're playing some one else ..i'll be rooting for you.

Dr. Bill

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Ghostbuster

Ghostbuster

John

Where did you get all that confidence? You were down by two after the first day, down by one after the second day, and had to win the last three in a row to snatch the cheese.

Were you holdin back for the bigger bet?;););):heh:heh

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
John do you realize a game on the wire is about 8 and a half percent of the match. just remember you can't get the game back. I'm sure Dr.Bill will agree on the percentages. BIG SPOT You do have heart

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John, I like your style, always have. Your a good guy to play and you make fair games, make no mistake about it, however, the 9/7 game you're asking me for is a little out of line since I broke even with The Ghost at 10/8. We played three times and we're dead even, so I guess if i'm figuring right that the same game The Ghost and I play should be the game for you and me...right? We played at the DCC and I gave you 9/8 8/7 and won easily, only because you played your worst game and you know it. If you play your best game and I play my best game I don't know what would happen but i'm willing to find out. We don't have to play for a lot of money, 3k would be a good bet if you like. See you down the road, and if you're playing some one else ..i'll be rooting for you.

Dr. Bill

I think your 3k game might be a littler better than $30 a game for bragging rights with the Ghost.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think your 3k game might be a littler better than $30 a game for bragging rights with the Ghost.
My game with The Ghost was a tough game, plus at $30 a game I played my best game too. He played well and I played well for the most part and we broke even so 10/8 is a fair game regardless of what I bet with The Ghost. I'm really surprised you're not going to try the game but if not that's ok with me even though I would enjoy playing you.

How about this game, i'll take The Ghost as a partner and play you even and give you two games on the wire to 17. You're your own partner and getting two games...what do you think?

Just trying to match up, think of a partner game for us.

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
My game with The Ghost was a tough game, plus at $30 a game I played my best game too. He played well and I played well for the most part and we broke even so 10/8 is a fair game regardless of what I bet with The Ghost. I'm really surprised you're not going to try the game but if not that's ok with me even though I would enjoy playing you.

How about this game, i'll take The Ghost as a partner and play you even and give you two games on the wire to 17. You're your own partner and getting two games...what do you think?

Just trying to match up, think of a partner game for us.

Dr. Bill

My track record in partner games is not too good.

Everyone enjoyed the match with the Ghost that went down to the last game and the last ball.

I am offering a game on the wire to twelve. Seems like a fair game since he really should have won the first set. Anything else I do would have to be after that if I win.