Whose The best Now?

Bankin Ben

Verified Member
From
Millington TN.
With the retirement of Scott Frost I would be very interested to hear opinions on who may now be known as the best one pocket player out there. There seemingly are some very good players coming up through the rank and file in the past couple of years.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
With the retirement of Scott Frost I would be very interested to hear opinions on who may now be known as the best one pocket player out there. There seemingly are some very good players coming up through the rank and file in the past couple of years.<------very few 'top talent' guy's !

There are several younger 1P contenders !.. Biado, SVB, Gentile, etc..But IMHO, I don't think they are quite ready for Busty, Alex or Duell, or maybe even an 'in stroke' Shannon, in an extended match for high $$$$...I think Efren is too far beyond his prime, but he still may give a good accounting of himself, on any given day !

beatle

Verified Member
whoever is in the top ten and is shooting well that day.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
bustamante has been very consistent with the top guys for several years now....he is always in the mix.

i like deuel's game the most. i think he out-thunk himself at the us open.

piggybank04

Verified Member
id say brumback or bustamante..... from the vids i saw, frost seemed to make alot of mistakes, same with joyner, but you cant argue with their aggressive styles, i guess.......

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
SVB is the best American. He could spot Corey 10-8; maybe more.

Internationally it's gotta be one of the Filipinos. Take your pick of the month: Alex? Busty? (although I never felt Busty was the real deal in 1P) Lots of good ones coming up, both Filipino and American.

Doc

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
With the retirement of Scott Frost I would be very interested to hear opinions on who may now be known as the best one pocket player out there. There seemingly are some very good players coming up through the rank and file in the past couple of years.

id say brumback or bustamante..... from the vids i saw, frost seemed to make alot of mistakes, same with joyner, but you cant argue with their aggressive styles, i guess.......

pb04,

Are you equating Brumback with Busti as equals and the top two One-Pocket players now?

Which videos are you referencing? AccuStats?

Dennis

lfigueroa

Verified Member

No disrespect, but other than the minority opinion, I don't know that SF was ever unanimously considered #1.

Lou Figueroa

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Best

Best

No disrespect, but other than the minority opinion, I don't know that SF was ever unanimously considered #1.

Lou Figueroa

Other than Efren, I doubt there will ever be a unanimous pick.

There was a spell when no one would play Scott for money, so that may have influenced some, but Efren's overall record, tournaments and gambling, will never be equaled IMO. Scott did beat him on his home court a time or two.

piggybank04

Verified Member
pb04,

Are you equating Brumback with Busti as equals and the top two One-Pocket players now?

Which videos are you referencing? AccuStats?

Dennis

gosh, i dont know, just throwing something out based on watching some great players--im hardly an expert, just offering my opinion...... the 2 i mentioned looked damn sporty when i watched them on different occasions...... ive been watching ike runnels, and i really like the way he plays.....dont know if hes a top player, but he moves really well, i think..... of course we can all learn something from all of these top tier players.......

piggybank04

Verified Member

There was a spell when no one would play Scott for money, so that may have influenced some, but Efren's overall record, tournaments and gambling, will never be equaled IMO. Scott did beat him on his home court a time or two.

im assuming the sandwich in your avatar came from chicago..... may i ask where? going to be there on the 14th and i want one--ok i lied--about 3 or 4......

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would have to put my money on Shane VanBoening, by a hair over Pagulayan. I think their the two best players by far, over any other players playing today. Both Shane and Alex have an excellent understanding of the game, and they are clearly the best ball strikers in the one pocket arena. Matter of fact, they could be the two best ball strikers in the world playing any game, at least imo. Another player that is rising quickly is Darren Appleton, another super ball striker with plenty of heart.

Dr. Bill

lfigueroa

Verified Member
I might consider him #1 since no one wanted to step up and play him for a large amount in a long session.

I think there can be a lot of reasons why two players might never be able to arrange a match... And I have often wondered how SF would have fared against Efren in a long match for a large amount played in the Philippines.

Lou Figueroa

onepockethacker

Verified Member
SVB is the best American. He could spot Corey 10-8; maybe more.

Internationally it's gotta be one of the Filipinos. Take your pick of the month: Alex? Busty? (although I never felt Busty was the real deal in 1P) Lots of good ones coming up, both Filipino and American.

Doc

Doc, I think you are a little off on this one. If Shane wants to give Corey 10 to 8 he can go to Cape Coral Florida, Diamond Billiards... and bet what he wants. By the way Diamond Billiards is the best pool hall in the country. I live 2 hours from it and we are going there every weekend. If I lived an hour from it I would be there everyday. Free pool time in the day. If you are in action and the owners are involved in anyway there is no pool time even at night. Full kitchen with great food. Full Liquor. Smoking is aloud and they have spent serious money on smoke eaters and air handlers. All the waitresses are drop dead gorgeous.

lfigueroa

Verified Member

Having watched many of Efren's matches, as well as many of SF's matches, I am not so sure Efren was ever not #1.

Lou Figueroa

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Efren has always been the best player. Whats next are we going to discuss if Tiger has been the best player over the last 13 years? People never appreciate unbelievable greatness even when they are watching it.