Henderson vs. Cardone - will we see it???

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This got lost at the end of another thread, so I'm re-posting it. A smarter guy than I would let it go, but I'm just so damn curious!

John ole buddy... When are you and Cardone going to match up??? It's been "the elephant in the parlor" for a coupla years now. Billy says he's in a slump, but y'all might possibly arrive at a game.

Now I don't want to be considered outta line for even bringing this up. You're both my friends, so I hope I don't get two "go to hell and mind your own business" comebacks...:(

I know you played against the Artie/Billy partnership a few years back in Galveston. But have you and the Italian Stallion ever locked horns?;)

Doc
treads on
thin ice

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
This got lost at the end of another thread, so I'm re-posting it. A smarter guy than I would let it go, but I'm just so damn curious!

We have played Doc. It was after Billy and Beard beat Ghost and me in a partner game at DCC a couple years ago. The game with Billy did not work out too well for me.

Both the Ghost and I played awful in the partner game. I put up most of the $$ and I could not get Ghost to listen to me on any shot. We were allowed one coach per game and we were terrible partners. He passed up a safety I wanted him to shoot when we were ahead in the ball count in one of the early games and shot some goofy shot that cost us our position in that game. I think we lost 5/1 or 5/2.

Freddy and Billy played well. We were helpless. I was pissed at Ghost for a long time, since I was putting up 80% of the $$, and he would not listen to me.

I know this is opening up a new can of worms, but I kept my mouth shut for two years. I feel better about it now.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
We have played Doc. It was after Billy and Beard beat Ghost and me in a partner game at DCC a couple years ago. The game with Billy did not work out too well for me.

Both the Ghost and I played awful in the partner game. I put up most of the $$ and I could not get Ghost to listen to me on any shot. We were allowed one coach per game and we were terrible partners. He passed up a safety I wanted him to shoot when we were ahead in the ball count in one of the early games and shot some goofy shot that cost us our position in that game. I think we lost 5/1 or 5/2.

Freddy and Billy played well. We were helpless. I was pissed at Ghost for a long time, since I was putting up 80% of the $$, and he would not listen to me.

I know this is opening up a new can of worms, but I kept my mouth shut for two years. I feel better about it now.

Why do I find this very easy to believe. lol.

Thanks for the story, that is a good one.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

WOW!!! This doesn't sound like you John, I didn't think you would punch a guy when he was down..even though it was more like a kick.:p Seems like you want to play Ghostie again, any ways that's what I get out of it. By the way the shot that Ghost shot ..that you didn't want him to was imo a good shot..He just butchered it. I actually was very glad in more than one way when he shot the shot and butchered it. After he butchered it I knew that from there on out you guys would be on the outs...and you were. :D And now it looks like your on your way back to divorce court.:heh

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
WOW!!! This doesn't sound like you John, I didn't think you would punch a guy when he was down..even though it was more like a kick.:p Seems like you want to play Ghostie again, any ways that's what I get out of it. By the way the shot that Ghost shot ..that you didn't want him to was imo a good shot..He just butchered it. I actually was very glad in more than one way when he shot the shot and butchered it. After he butchered it I knew that from there on out you guys would be on the outs...and you were. :D And now it looks like your on your way back to divorce court.:heh

Dr. Bill

After the match, you agreed with me that the safety was the shot. I don't think you were patronizing me.

If I remember right, when he told me he did not like the safety, I laid my cue on the table and insisted he shoot the safety(Loudly). I realized then he would not shoot it with a gun at his head. It was one pocket 101 for the situation we were in. Ahead in the ball count, balls on our side, except for the ball by your hole I wanted him to roll behind. We had a chance to make the score 3/2 in your favor, and after losing that game it went 4/1 and we were dead.

We both contributed to the loss by being bad partners together, but that particular shot, in that situation, stays in my mind.

I will admit, he does see shots I don't see, but in this situation, with me putting up most of the $$, I think he should have listened.

thebaby

Verified Member
Invitation

Invitation

John, why don't we partner up and lets invite these guys to our neck of the woods , to play some serious one pocket. We can call it the "Coast to Coast Challenge" . I would love to get all these experts in action...... Being 57 , I might qualify...... signed the BABY...
Let's "PLAY THE GAME "

Play The Game clothing co.
Designed By A Player, Worn By Players.......
www.playthegameclothing.com

1on1pooltournys

Verified Member
After the match, you agreed with me that the safety was the shot. I don't think you were patronizing me.

If I remember right, when he told me he did not like the safety, I laid my cue on the table and insisted he shoot the safety(Loudly). I realized then he would not shoot it with a gun at his head. It was one pocket 101 for the situation we were in. Ahead in the ball count, balls on our side, except for the ball by your hole I wanted him to roll behind. We had a chance to make the score 3/2 in your favor, and after losing that game it went 4/1 and we were dead.

We both contributed to the loss by being bad partners together, but that particular shot, in that situation, stays in my mind.

I will admit, he does see shots I don't see, but in this situation, with me putting up most of the $$, I think he should have listened.

I have played a few partner games myself and I can tell you sometimes it ends up being a nightmare like it sounds you had with Ghost. Especially since you (in your mind) are the best player between you and Ghostie and he passes up your shots on the one coach per game. It's like you are spotting your opponents when he shoots the wrong shot after you wasted your coach.

One particular person I will absolutely never play a partner game of one pocket again is a good friend of mine and he has lots of gamble. He plays so awful and slow at the game I would only play if he put up all the money and paid me a salary at the end no matter if we won or lost.

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
another invite

another invite

I too would be interested in matching up in a partners match... of course, John you would need to play me a couple of games to set the match up correctly so you would know what slow speed I play... I believe I would hold up my end...

Bille

PS I would listen to my elders...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I too would be interested in matching up in a partners match... of course, John you would need to play me a couple of games to set the match up correctly so you would know what slow speed I play... I believe I would hold up my end...

Bille
PS I would listen to my elders...

Partners can be fun Bille, and should be. You bet enough to pay attention and I am sure you would be a good guy to partner up with.

If I get the bug to go to DCC or Tunica, I am sure we can put together something and have a little fun.

Worst case we have a few Jack & Cokes.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Here's some free advice for posters...

Smart people make sure they have all the facts, and hear both sides of a story before they put forth an opinion...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
What a fukkin joke...

What a fukkin joke...

Really hard to believe that after a week of dealing with knockers, and providing reality checks, I have to do it again...

This time it's to shit-can some incorrect revisionist history that was posted up today...

I sure wish John hadn't forced my hand like this..really hard to believe...why force me to have to say unpleasant things - true things, in order to defend myself...

First of all, to make this clear to all - I wasn't getting staked by John in this partners match - although the phrasing he used in his post "putting up % of the money" can make it sound as if he was ...that said..if somebody wants to bet more $$$ than I'm betting in a partners match - it sure as hell doesn't give them the right to tell me what shots to shoot - especially when I know the game better than they do...and re. the fact that most people/players believe Dr. Billy to be the best analyzer of players speeds and match-ups in the pool-gambling world today...

There has been a lot of criticism in regard to ..shot selection....and decision making...

Both players know the game of one pocket well, imo The Ghost has a little better understanding of the game than John I'm really not trying to 'sugar coat" any of this, just like I don't "sugar coat" any thing I talk about in the WWYD threads. I played both John and The Ghost several times and my feel is that The Ghost moves better than John

Dr. Bill

...and since scrzbill told me he was $$$-partners with John for this partners game - John couldn't have been betting more than a measly $100 more than me anyway...:rolleyes:...

So why would I listen to someone telling me "which shots in the game I should shoot" - when what they're telling me is wrong...and here's some more validation for what I'm saying here...Chris Gentile was sweating the match and I was sitting next to him in between shots..well, those few times that I saw by the look on John's face that he didn't like/approve of my shot choice..I sat down and asked Chris if he agreed that my shot choice was the right choice - and each time he immediately, without pause, said, of course - and every time he said this, he had an expression on his face that was saying that it was like I was asking him if 2+2 = 4...

It was a short race - to 4 or 5, I forget....and as previously/correctly said, neither John or I played well in this match (but John's bad play was much more costly to us)...all that said..what were the two main/glaring reasons causing to lose this short race?...

#1. In the third game Billy made the corner ball on his break, and with open balls spreading out for him to run - he ran 6, and we had no chance to win that game after that...#2. In another game, Freddy scratched with the score somewhere's around 2-2 - it's John's shot - he has a wide open table with runnable open balls in down-table and mid-table positions..with ball in hand, John has a perfect ball to shoot at, 6" in front of him - he dogs it - shoots it straight into the long rail, putting his head down on the table afterwards in dismay.....Billy proceeds to run 5-6 balls, and we lose that game.

And as for the one safety vs. offensive shot of mine that John brought up, where he wanted me to shoot the safety...we were not, as he said, ahead at the time by several balls...and, I was afraid of possibly scratching if I played the safety, with the object ball sitting at the edge of Billy's pocket...and besides that ----->

By the way the shot that Ghost shot ..that you didn't want him to, was imo a good shot.

Dr. Bill

And as for me - I don't feel better for having been forced to give the reality check version of this story.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
If you cut a Ghost ....Doe's he not bleed?
I feel like I just saw aunt Ednas bloomers on the clothesline and couldn't turn my head away.:heh

piggybank04

Verified Member
I have played a few partner games myself and I can tell you sometimes it ends up being a nightmare like it sounds you had with Ghost. Especially since you (in your mind) are the best player between you and Ghostie and he passes up your shots on the one coach per game. It's like you are spotting your opponents when he shoots the wrong shot after you wasted your coach.

One particular person I will absolutely never play a partner game of one pocket again is a good friend of mine and he has lots of gamble. He plays so awful and slow at the game I would only play if he put up all the money and paid me a salary at the end no matter if we won or lost.
hmmmm.....where can i find this friend of yours?? lol:D

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Really hard to believe that after a week of having to defend myself, and provide reality checks, I have to do it again...

This time it's to shit-can some incorrect revisionist history that was posted up today...

I sure wish John hadn't forced my hand like this..really hard to believe...why force me to have to say unpleasant things - true things, in order to defend myself...

First of all, to make this clear to all - I wasn't getting staked by John in this partners match - although the phrasing he used in his post "putting up % of the money" can make it sound as if he was ...that said..if somebody wants to bet more $$$ than I'm betting in a partners match - it sure as hell doesn't give them the right to tell me what shots to shoot - especially when I know the game better than they do...and re. the fact that most people/players believe Dr. Billy to be the best analyzer of players speeds and match-ups in the pool-gambling world today...

...and since scrzbill told me he was $$$-partners with John for this partners game - John couldn't have been betting more than a measly $100 more than me anyway...:rolleyes:...

So why would I listen to someone telling me "which shots in the game I should shoot" - when what they're telling me is wrong...and here's some more validation for what I'm saying here...Chris Gentile was sweating the match and I was sitting next to him in between shots..well, those few times that I saw by the look on John's face that he didn't like/approve of my shot choice..I sat down and asked Chris if he agreed that my shot choice was the right choice - and each time he immediately, without pause, said, of course - and every time he said this, he had an expression on his face that was saying that it was like I was asking him if 2+2 = 4...

It was a short race - to 4 or 5, I forget....and as previously/correctly said, neither John or I played well in this match (but John's bad play was much more costly to us)...all that said..what were the two main/glaring reasons causing to lose this short race?...

#1. In the third game Billy made the corner ball on his break, and with open balls spreading out for him to run - he ran 6, and we had no chance to win that game after that...#2. In another game, Freddy scratched with the score somewhere's around 2-2 - it's John's shot - he has a wide open table with runnable open balls in down-table and mid-table positions..with ball in hand, John has a perfect ball to shoot at, 6" in front of him - he dogs it - shoots it straight into the long rail, putting his head down on the table afterwards in dismay.....Billy proceeds to run 5-6 balls, and we lose that game.

And as for the one safety vs. offensive shot of mine that John brought up, where he wanted me to shoot the safety...we were not, as he said, ahead at the time by several balls...and, I was afraid of possibly scratching if I played the safety, with the object ball sitting at the edge of Billy's pocket...and besides that ----->

And as for me - I don't feel better for having been forced to give the reality check version of this story.

- Ghost
Talking about a serious HI-JACKING:heh

Lets get out the "POPCORN" WHADDA YA SAY DICK??:lol:D

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Lets get out the "POPCORN" WHADDA YA SAY DICK??:lol:D

Dr. Bill

We won't need much popcorn for this. I know what happened, you and Freddy know what happened, and Ghosty was a victim of my poor shooting and shot selection, while he played brilliantly.:lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghosty was a victim of my poor shooting and shot selection, while he played brilliantly.:lol

I had no interest or use for juvenile sarcasm in my post..I just spoke the plain truth...I'll repeat one thing that I said in my post, in response to your sarcasm - I didn't play well in the partners match.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended

Lets get out the "POPCORN" WHADDA YA SAY DICK??:lol:D <--No thanks Bill, I don't care to re-live it !

Dr. Bill

It is a shame these two seem to be at odds, with what actually happened that match with you and Freddy !..As you know, I did have a 'good' piece of John's action that day, and I watched very intently. (as much as I could stand) :rolleyes:..It looked like John and the Ghost, were having a contest to see which one could play (or think) the worst !.. I don't think either one played anywhere near their potential..They simply did/do NOT make good partners !..I don't think either one was without fault, wheras you and Fred did what you were supposed to do !...The eventual outcome speaks for itself ! :(

PS..I was also involved in the famous "unfinished" match, between Bernie/Ghost vs. John H...I think John may have pulled that one off, even though I thought he had a real tough game going in !..Just goes to show, EVERYBODY usually plays better, as their OWN partner !

onepockethacker

Verified Member
HMMM.... I don't know why but I have a feeling we will being seeing Henderson vs. Ghost part 3 sooner than first expected :D