J. Gray vs. S.V.B. 2012 D.C.C.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I might...

I might...

....bank the 14 one rail towards my hole keeping whitey safe or maybe banking the 7 into the 13 and leaving whitey safe on the bottom rail...

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Two rail the 9, park the cue under the 3 ball to protect the 6.

I like the shot, but I'm hitting it with a lot of draw and trying to get back to the short rail. Don't want to keyhole the 6 ball.
Rod.
P.S. Diagram on request. Late for supper. :D

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like Bille's shot. Just depends on how a guy shoots with the pole a little jacked up, being so close to the rail.

If I didn't like the feel of that shot, I'd bank the 7 straight over to my side, or even clip it off the 12 ball on the way back. That would put more opportunities in my corner. You could also take out the 3 ball with the CB, but that might leave whitey in too good a position for the opponent to cause mayhem.

Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I like Bille's shot. Just depends on how a guy shoots with the pole a little jacked up, being so close to the rail.

If I didn't like the feel of that shot, I'd bank the 7 straight over to my side, or even clip it off the 12 ball on the way back. That would put more opportunities in my corner. You could also take out the 3 ball with the CB, but that might leave whitey in too good a position for the opponent to cause mayhem.

Doc

I've been waiting for someone to come up with this shot, Doc. Crossing the seven back into the lower half of the twelve and send the cue ball into the three. This shot is perfect! There are even a couple traffic cops to help steer the seven to the hole. ( the one and six) He will make the seven if he hits it good and then it's "katie bar the door."

Nice call Doc,

Tom

Last edited:

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
you know you could always hit Cole Dickson's shot on the 6... the Dixie Whistler, and take the cue across the table...just have to carry the spin a long way... Brumback and the Beard are great at this shot...

stedyfred

Verified Member
I am playing the nine 2 rails and drawing cue ball to side rail and down to end rail near SVB's hole.

bstroud

Verified Member
The problem I see here is that there are not a lot of balls open to Joeys' pocket.

I would change that right now by moving the 10 ball and putting the cue ball over on SVBs' side rail about the first diamond.

Joey has most of the balls on his side and doesn't need more balls on his side. He needs more makable balls.

Bill S.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
I've been waiting for someone to come up with this shot, Doc. Crossing the seven back into the lower half of the twelve and send the cue ball into the three. This shot is perfect! There are even a couple traffic cops to help steer the seen to the hole. ( the one and six) He will make the seven if he hits it good and then it's "katie bar the door."

Nice call Doc,

Tom

without a doubt :) this is too easy :rolleyes:

the 7 ball one rail into the 12. 7 ball kisses the 12 pocketing the 7 ball. CB goes right at the side rail first then knocks away the 3. sticks the CB perfectly where the 3 is now

time to start running some balls :)

stedyfred

Verified Member
When I shoot a shot such as the 7 ball into the side rail and taking the cue ball into the 3 ball I would prefer 7 ball to be just a little further across table (towards my opponents side) so that I can hit it a little more authoritatively knowing that I am contacting the 3 for sure. JMO.

8andout

Verified Member
stand your ground here

stand your ground here

i like playing the 7 one rail and getting cosey with the 9 and leave the cueball by SVBs pocket.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The problem I see here is that there are not a lot of balls open to Joeys' pocket.

I would change that right now by moving the 10 ball and putting the cue ball over on SVBs' side rail about the first diamond.

Joey has most of the balls on his side and doesn't need more balls on his side. He needs more makable balls.

Bill S.

I agree completely. This is the 1st shot I saw. It's simple and unassuming but it's a very subtle, very good shot.

The 2-railer on the 9 is partially blocked by the 14 or I might like that shot better, plus you have better control of all balls with this simple safety.

cbd's shot.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
Thanks for the diagram Dennis.

The beauty of this kind of shot is that it sets the stage for your next couple of innings.

SVB will need to hit a very good shot to get out of the trap. If he doesn't get the cue ball behind the 6 ball you have a lot of more aggressive shots available.

Bill S.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Shoot the 13/2 combo, drive two ball three rails about a diamond away from your corner, walkin'/poundin' whitey to shanes corner. I like leaving the lower five balls when I've got shane by his hole on the foot rail. This shot allows shooter good speed control of both balls, nothin' fancy.