J. Ervolino vs. M. Sigel 1991 L.O.P.-Philadelphia Style

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Since he's a half diamond out from corner, how about r/h 4 o'clock draw? Could case good separation and distance and leave both balls on Mikes side long rail.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I am two railing it to the far corner on my side with a touch of high left on the cue ball to straighten it out.

Bill

Verified Member
From
Washington DC
They both need one ball and it's Sigel's shot. What would you do?

The commentary on this DVD is partly done by Cornbread Red:).

View attachment 8795

View attachment 8796

imo kick to the side rail with heavy left, knocking the OB towards the side hole. Don't think he can kick it in but since the cueball is slightly off the rail - that's the shot I see and would attempt

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Bank it back to my pocket and the CB goes up to the other end.
That's what I'd do. I have no idea what the little professional person did. ;)
Rod.

bstroud

Verified Member
I think the best shot here is to use high left and cut across the object ball putting it up the side rail and returning the cue ball toward your pocket.

Try it. You'll like it.

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Go 4 cushions, (long, short, long, short and freeze the cue ball to the left side of OB!

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Are you a 3-cushion player? Bill you don't get credit for a point with your shot this is one pocket. But I have to admit you struck it well.:sorry

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I am two railing it to the far corner on my side with a touch of high left on the cue ball to straighten it out.

John I like your shot if the cue ball was parallel with the OB. Looks to me that the cue ball is positioned two inches higher off the rail than the OB, this imo makes the kiss more likely.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
imo kick to the side rail with heavy left, knocking the OB towards the side hole. Don't think he can kick it in but since the cueball is slightly off the rail - that's the shot I see and would attempt

I like this shot best, not the easiest shots to execute but one worthy of learning, especially in situations like this one.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Bank it back to my pocket and the CB goes up to the other end.
That's what I'd do. I have no idea what the little professional person did. ;)
Rod.

Rodney, i'm trying to figure out how you're banking it back to your pocket, isn't the OB too close to the pocket to gamble with that type of hit? Pretty risky shot that must be hit well.:eek::sorry

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I think the best shot here is to use high left and cut across the object ball putting it up the side rail and returning the cue ball toward your pocket.

Try it. You'll like it.

Bill S.
Bill, like I mentioned to John, awkward angle.

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Kinda funny that there were 5 people named Bill that replied to this shot so far. :lol I think Bill has the right answer.

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
This shot looks like a perfect time for the famous kiss back shot. Win the game! I set it up just a moment ago and though it is difficult to replicate the exact location of both balls the kiss back works just fine. Dr. Bill suggested the kiss was probably there and I agree. So use it to your advantage.

Thin the Ob with left English. The cue ball returns off the side rail and into the OB as it comes off the bottom rail kicking it toward the opposite corner pocket. The cue ball runs up table providing a very safe position.

Tom

Edit.... I know, it is a risky shot. I just wanted to give it a little promotion.

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Since he's a half diamond out from corner, how about r/h 4 o'clock draw? Could case good separation and distance and leave both balls on Mikes side long rail.

Bill, I like your shot but I'm not a fan of leaving both balls on the same side of the table. How 'bout playing the OB two rails as you suggest but play the cue ball from the side rail toward the diamond between the side pocket and the upper corner pocket, off the top rail and continue to the opposite side rail.

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Rodney, i'm trying to figure out how you're banking it back to your pocket, isn't the OB too close to the pocket to gamble with that type of hit? Pretty risky shot that must be hit well.:eek::sorry

Dr. Bill

Well it said wwyd. I shoot these all the time, that's why I get big spots.
Rod.
P.S. You can cut it or play 3 rails off the pocket points.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 0

piggybank04

Verified Member
thats exactly what i would do, if it stays near the side and the cb should be by johnnys hole, its going to be tough for him to shoot offensively.....

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Bill, I like your shot but I'm not a fan of leaving both balls on the same side of the table. How 'bout playing the OB two rails as you suggest but play the cue ball from the side rail toward the diamond between the side pocket and the upper corner pocket, off the top rail and continue to the opposite side rail.

Tom

That was my intention when I mentioned separation. I was also controlling the speed of hit to what it would take to make it hit rail...tit....then pocket.

The above description seems to of been hit much harder than mine.