you vs him #687

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
The 2-9 is a suspicious pair. I believe I want to hit it before he does. Kiss off the 2 and push the 9 my way. Get 'em both on my side, at least.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
The 2-9 is a suspicious pair. I believe I want to hit it before he does. Kiss off the 2 and push the 9 my way. Get 'em both on my side, at least.

Bill, if your shot lays right to billiard the 9ball and send the 2ball to your side there is no other shot, especially if you contact the 9ball thinly sending the cue ball up table toward the 10ball. This shot will accomplish too much for there to be another option as strong as yours. John's shot is similar to yours, i'm giving both you guy's cookies from my jar, I don't care what option the shooter may choose.:D

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Bank the two towards my hole, caroming the nine over and cue ball goes downtable towards the ten.

Bill, if your shot lays right to billiard the 9ball and send the 2ball to your side there is no other shot, especially if you contact the 9ball thinly sending the cue ball up table toward the 10ball. This shot will accomplish too much for there to be another option as strong as yours. John's shot is similar to yours, i'm giving both you guy's cookies from my jar, I don't care what option the shooter may choose.:D
Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill i'll let you pick up the cookie tab on this one.:D
this one comes from shots moves and strategies and was shot by grady
from the diagram (in the book) grady came off the 9 into the 2 to bank it
(that could get you off the hook for the cookie Dr. Bill......:heh)
fwiw tyler boston shorty preferred your shot...:)
my diagram of the shot is in principle only

ww4.jpg

ww3.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Dr. Bill i'll let you pick up the cookie tab on this one.:D
this one comes from shots moves and strategies and was shot by grady
from the diagram (in the book) grady came off the 9 into the 2 to bank it
(that could get you off the hook for the cookie Dr. Bill......:heh)
fwiw tyler boston shorty preferred your shot...:)
my diagram of the shot is in principle only

View attachment 8777

View attachment 8778
Actually Larry, I like the shot both Bill and John described, the carom off the 2ball then into the 9ball (if angle allows) sending the cue ball further up table than Grady's shot. Plus with our guy's shot (Bill John) the ending position is much stronger, positioning all balls on your side ..with blockers.;):D This shot falls under my "build and protect" principle.:)

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I don't see how you can hit the 2 ball and then the 9 ball except from the bottom.
I like the shot Grady shot, if it was somewhere it wouldn't kiss.

From this layout I would lag at the 13 ball, ala Tyler. ;)
Rod.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I don't see how you can hit the 2 ball and then the 9 ball except from the bottom.

Rod.

I agree that you will hit the bottom side of the 9 from the looks of it, but think it will still clip it towards my hole and the cue ball go uptable.

If It hit the 9 more, there might be danger of a kiss.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Rod.

Rod, the way I look at this shot is...if I feel that I can bank the 2ball and clipp the 9ball going in, there's no question 'for me' i'm shotting the shot. However, if I feel that by banking the 2ball I will miss the 9ball going in, then the option off the 2ball is a stiff, and i'm looking elsewhere.

I probably would consider Grady's shot but wouldn't feel comfortable shooting it because of the kiss factor. But the score may persuade me to shoot it, except the 13ball option seems like a better shot ..gut feeling.

Dr. Bill

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
I think the safer play is the 13. While shooting the carom off the 9 into the 2 would move both balls to your hole if hit perfectly, it looks to me a double kiss on the 2 may happen. I'm shooting the 13.---Smitty

8andout

Verified Member
What is the score

What is the score

we really need a score to know what to play- that is huge in 1P.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Maybe in real life the layout wasn't exactly as Larry has depicted it here..but if we're going strictly by this pic..I don't like how the 2-9 lies - I'm with Rod, Tyler, etc. - I'm shooting the 13 fo-sure.

- Ghost

Attachments

• No_Brainer.jpg
    No_Brainer.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 0