efren/corey #83

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
12 into the 3, QB hits by the piece of chalk and drifts down to the end rail. 3 hits the 10 and moves close to Efren's pocket.

Oops, I think its the 13 into the 5.

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
The problem here is the distance and the cue ball being close to the end rail.

I would roll the cue ball off the side of the 13 ball and try to put the cue ball behind the balls near the opponents pocket.

The only real range would to leave a bank on the 7 ball.

Bill S.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gotta be at the table to tell..but it looks like shooting the 3ball to make it might be a free shot - pocket speed, with the cueball coming off the 3 naturally/safely/with position, between the 5 and the red striped ball.

- Ghost

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
The problem here is the distance and the cue ball being close to the end rail.

I would roll the cue ball off the side of the 13 ball and try to put the cue ball behind the balls near the opponents pocket.

The only real range would to leave a bank on the 7 ball.

Bill S.

Jeez! You finally went for a "protect the lead" shot. I likes that myself. Much better than going off the side of the 11/15? and down to the short rail.

Beard

bstroud

Verified Member
Jeez! You finally went for a "protect the lead" shot. I likes that myself. Much better than going off the side of the 11/15? and down to the short rail.

Beard

Thanks Freddy. You and Bill I. know better than most of the people on this forum that I shoot at white flags.

My experiences on 5x10 tables has not been so positive so I am a little more conservative.

Used to play Joe Dimagio in Baltimore and on the 4 1/2x9 I could easily give him 8 to 7. One the 5x10 we played even and I never won.

Lost to Ronnie Barber on the 5x10 at Cockrans in SF.

Also played on the 5x10 with 4" pockets in Denver and never won also.

Smarter now.

Bill S.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks Freddy. You and Bill I. know better than most of the people on this forum that I shoot at white flags.

My experiences on 5x10 tables has not been so positive so I am a little more conservative.

Used to play Joe Dimagio in Baltimore and on the 4 1/2x9 I could easily give him 8 to 7. One the 5x10 we played even and I never won.

Lost to Ronnie Barber on the 5x10 at Cockrans in SF.

Also played on the 5x10 with 4" pockets in Denver and never won also.

Smarter now.

Bill S.

Do they have any 5 x 10's in Phoenix.:D

Just kidding. Although I was a 5 x 10 snooker player for years before I started playing 9 Ball & one pocket, I had a lot of trouble on the 5 x 10 pool tables and finally just would not play on them. The new Diamonds look great though, and I would love to play on one. Maybe old age and treachery would help.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Gotta be at the table to tell..but it looks like shooting the 3ball to make it might be a free shot - pocket speed, with the cueball coming off the 3 naturally/safely/with position, between the 5 and the red striped ball.
- Ghost

good eye ghost..:)
efren didnt shoot it to make but put it above his pocket
it was beautifull to watch the cue ball float between the stripe and solid and land perfectly along the rail
so now he had a ball above and below his pocket
stregtheneing his position
ee8.jpg

ee7.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
in both layouts i was surprised that efren chose to not move a threat by his opponents pocket while ahead in the score but was aggressive
but i guess thats efren
its worked well for him over the years..:D