corey /efren make it happen

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
im sorry its a terrible pic .....:eek:
ill try to improve it tonight
i dont know why i cant enlarge the screen and get to green shot like i usually can....:frus
i know we have 2 threads that are tearing you away from onepocket.....:rolleyes:
so ill try to keep this more relevant to the site:focus
its coreys shot wwyd??:D
cc1.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I would shoot hard enough to make the 5 ball or send it back uptable.
Hope it doesn't double the pocket. :)
Rod.
P.S. I couldn't understand the score.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 0

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If I'm down 3-0 in balls here, I'm banking the red striped ball cross-corner (near to my pocket but not to make it) and freezing the cueball on the 8..:heh...:cool:...If I'm ahead 3-0 in balls here, I'm going to shoot the 8ball dead ahead and follow on down to the foot rail - that's the one way to get the cueball down to the safer, left side of the foot rail..and if the angle allows, I'd also be trying to have the 8ball rebound off of the foot rail and remove or rearrange those two striped balls that are laying so good for Efren.

- Ghost<------Has never lost to Efren..:eek: :eek:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
rod
the score card is read the 0-0(in white background) is the games won per player in this set
the 0-3 (yellowish background) is the ball count of this current game
the 2-1 1-1 reflects the won loss numbers of each player so far in the round robin event
how did you enlarge the photo??
thanks
:)

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm banking the red striped ball cross-corner (near to my pocket but not to make it) and freezing the cueball on the 8..:heh...:cool:

That was my first pick but it didn't look possible to freeze it and get the stripe close.
Rod. <my old eyes are getting weary. :frus
P.S. My old eyes are getting weary. :frus

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
rod
the score card is read the 0-0(in white background) is the games won per player in this set
the 0-3 (yellowish background) is the ball count of this current game
the 2-1 1-1 reflects the won loss numbers of each player so far in the round robin event
how did you enlarge the photo??
thanks
:)

Trimmed the sides so I had room to make it larger.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
Im for banking the stripe and tryin to freeze the qball to the 8 or draw him to the top of the 5 near the corner jacked up over a ball., try to keep effey from seeing it and the couple balls open by his hole .
he will have a 2 railer on the 4 but what can i do... got to get balls on my side and into play.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If I'm down 3-0 in balls here, I'm banking the red striped ball cross-corner (near to my pocket but not to make it) and freezing the cueball on the 8..:heh...:cool:...If I'm ahead 3-0 in balls here, I'm going to shoot the 8ball dead ahead and follow on down to the foot rail - that's the one way to get the cueball down to the safer, left side of the foot rail..and if the angle allows, I'd also be trying to have the 8ball rebound off of the foot rail and remove or rearrange those two striped balls that are laying so good for Efren.

I wouldn't care what the score was if I were Cory in this situation, i'm banking the stripe and freezing on the 8ball.

I believe in this type of situation your best defense is disguised as an offensive shot but actually it's your best defensive shot. (banking the stripe..and freeze)

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm ready to take a deep breath, let about half of it out, get down with a firm commitment to shooting the eight ball in the hole. Sometimes you just have to shoot. This very well might be one of those times.

Tom

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I wouldn't care what the score was if I were Cory in this situation, i'm banking the stripe and freezing on the 8ball.

I believe in this type of situation your best defense is disguised as an offensive shot but actually it's your best defensive shot. (banking the stripe..and freeze)

Dr. Bill

Nice call... CAPTAIN OBVIOUS :heh You left out the most important part of the shot... make sure the 11 ball doesn't fall down to the end rail because if it does the shot isn't worth 10 cents

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.

Dr. Bill

It still looks (to me) like you're banking the 11 ball in the side if you stick on the 8 ball. :eek:
Rod.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm ready to take a deep breath, let about half of it out, get down with a firm commitment to shooting the eight ball in the hole. Sometimes you just have to shoot. This very well might be one of those times.

Tom
If you make it you're a cinch to get a ball and maybe a bank at another.
Rod.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
It still looks (to me) like you're banking the 11 ball in the side if you stick on the 8 ball. :eek:
Rod.

Looks to me that you can freeze the cueball to the 8 ball and have the 11 ball hit between the first and second diamond on your long rail. The key is having the 11 ball die there and not go to the end rail. If the 11 ball goes to the end rail then Efren 2 rails the 4 ball maybe into the 2 ball cluster near the spot that good be dead in Efrens pocket

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

Tom

Don't forget Tom their playing on a 5x10 table.:eek: Better take a deeper breath :D

Dr. Bill

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Rod.
Looks to me from the computer screen it's heading toward the 1ball. Maybe with a little adjustment in aim , without compromising the cue ball control, I can safely pass the 1ball and position the ball near my pocket. If not....at least I tried and as long as I control the cue ball I don't believe I can be in much trouble if I ran into the 1ball with the bank.

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Looks to me from the computer screen it's heading toward the 1ball. Maybe with a little adjustment in aim , without compromising the cue ball control, I can safely pass the 1ball and position the ball near my pocket. If not....at least I tried and as long as I control the cue ball I don't believe I can be in much trouble if I ran into the 1ball with the bank.

Dr. Bill

Well OK then, since everybody sees it that way I guess that's what Corey and I'll shoot.
Rod.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Don't forget Tom their playing on a 5x10 table.:eek: Better take a deeper breath :D

Dr. Bill

You're right about that, Bill. I hadn't considered the fact that they are playing on a 5 by 10. However the shot seems to me to be as good as anything else. And as I have heard you say in the past when playing top players play aggressively when possible. I like that approach. If I'm going to lose a game to a top player I will prefer to go down trying to win if at all possible.

To think that by playing to bank that striped ball into an advantageous position and hold the cue ball on the eight is going to stop Efren from continuing his stranglehold is imo wishful thinking.

I say take the shot while it is there. This may be Corey's only opportunity to control the outcome of this game. BTW there appears to be a few ways he can play this shot. One way is to cut the eight and play the cue ball side rail side rail below the cluster near the foot spot. From the lower half of the table Corey can neutralize Efren's position.

Or if he feels frisky he can play position killing the cue ball for the (what looks like the one) ball in the middle of the table. If it happens that he makes the eight he could very well be off to the races because he will also have a combination on those two balls on the foot spot. Those two balls look very inviting if he can get a good lie on them.

Though this shot on the eight ball shot is somewhat difficult, and by playing position on the one he will make the shot that much harder, I can see a lot to be gained from shooting the eight this way. Too much to ask? Maybe but Corey is in a lot of trouble in this game and this may very well be his best opportunity to turn the tables.

Tom