S. Daulton vs. A. Pagulayan 2013 Make It Happen

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Daulton responded to Alex's break and left him here. What would you do?

Remember, there are no "true" overhead shots in the One-Pocket Make It Happen series. This is the best we've got.

P.S. I forgot to mention this but ALL of the One-Pocket in the MIH series is on a 10 foot table.

ap1.jpg

ap2.jpg

ap3.jpg

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
You guys gotta stop leaving me all these 3-railers..:heh...3-rail the 15 and stun-draw the cueball over to Shannon's long rail, 1 diamond below the side pocket...

Or bank the 1ball straight back and zigzag on down to the head rail with the cueball.

- Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Game winner

Game winner

This here is a killer shot, and it looks like it lies perfect in this case, with easy cueing of the cue ball and the object ball nice and near to lend to good accuracy. I doubt very much that he will shoot it -- nobody sees this shot (in my limited experience, lol), but if the angle is right it is a beauty to have in your arsenal. It is positively not a kiss if you have this kind of partial three rail angle with just a three quarter ball cut or so, and even the speed is good to land behind the balls for another shot. Carefully get your cut angle for the three-railer, but then play mostly cue ball and let the three-railer take care of itself.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-38-08.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-38-08.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like the ghosts shot of banking the 1 ball, but I feel my speed is good and would shoot it like this '
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 0

bstroud

Verified Member
I like the one rail and the three rail but I think I would shoot the 13 one rail into the 5 and 2 and using low right send the cue ball two rails up to the far corner pocket.

Chance to move 3 balls toward your pocket and put the cue ball a long way up table.

Based on the third pic it looks pretty good.

Bill S.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I would probably do something with the one here, but that is boring, and I am a very boring player.

How about something like this instead? The reason I like this is it is always pretty easy to get him real close to that rail.....

Attachments

• ap1.jpg
    ap1.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Before I do anything here, I would have a good look at the 9 ball going off the 7. It looks like it might go a little high, but I want to know. I don't think they are quite frozen.

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
There is a shot here which I would have to see up close and personal to be certain there is no kiss to interfere.
Bank the thirteen one rail for a clean bank as though the five is not in the way. By sending the cue ball into the far side of the five ball ( approx. a half ball hit) the five will redirect out of the way of the bank. The cue ball rebounds off the end rail and to the right setting up a follow up shot on the two. As long as the cue ball can clear the area as the thirteen comes across the bank can be pocketed past the two. Gin!

Tom

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
There is a shot here which I would have to see up close and personal to be certain there is no kiss to interfere.
Bank the thirteen one rail for a clean bank as though the five is not in the way. By sending the cue ball into the far side of the five ball ( approx. a half ball hit) the five will redirect out of the way of the bank. The cue ball rebounds off the end rail and to the right setting up a follow up shot on the two. As long as the cue ball can clear the area as the thirteen comes across the bank can be pocketed past the two. Gin!

Tom

Fine shot ! if you duck the kiss. :)
Rod.

onepockethacker

Verified Member
bank the 13 ball cross corner into the 5 ball. Draw the cueball under the 2 ball 3 rails uptable by your opponents uptable corner pocket.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
And then...

And then...

I like Vapros(post 10) idea of knowing whether the 9ball is on, out of the stack before sending cb uptable.

If it comes out high of the pocket, then I like Tom Wirths shot (post 12), but modified a little.

If the angle allows, Cross the 13, but overcut it, focus on cb into the 5 thinnnish, with a little running left to two or 3 rail cb to the top rail. Get lucky and double up the return shot from the corner?

I am afraid of a bad outcome if you congest the rail with a 13 bank into the 2? or 5?, cb fairly full into the 5, that leaves the cb in the area. Possible return bank on 2, 13, 5?

Depends mostly on the lay of the 9ball.

Otherwise, I like 3 railing the 15 as suggested.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I'm banking the stripe next to the 1ball 3 rails and I'm drawing the cue ball for position and running out.

Dr. Bill

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
There is that shot again that I keep referring to, straight back with the one ball. It does bank to the pocket and is dead free with NO chance of a kiss (as in the 3 railer). I PM'd a few people how to execute this shot properly, and that is the name of that tune.

Actually, I didnt tell anyone how to make it if you are just sliding the cue ball and rolling it forward as you would be wanting to do in this situation. OK, I will release one way (this is a way few people believe works anyway), SLIDE the cue ball slowly forward, ONE TIP, or even 1/2 tip, above center and use INSIDE ENGLISH (one tip or 1/2 tip). Yes, INSIDE ENGLISH, Reverse english. Long follow thru and slow, slide stroke. One long motion. Using OPPOSITE ENGLISH (outside) when the object ball is close to the rail is mostly counterproductive, especially if you are using a slow speed of stroke.

One tip of a long followed thru, slow, sliding low ball (1 tip below) with reverse, or inside english works even better, but you cant get the cue ball to go as far forward obviously.

Beard

PS I will not debate this info