John Wesley's Pick Pocket Billiards Facebook Link

John Wesley Martin

Photo Album

Photo Album

I also posted an album on my One Pocket Profile that is a virtual tour of our pool room.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Great looking room, John! I couldn't tell from the pictures-- are there 5 tables? I like those older Diamonds.

Doc
looks like 8 full size tables -- there are a ton of good pics on his Facebook page.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-15-37.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-15-37.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Nice overhead view -- maybe from a balcony area?

Attachments

• Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-19-34.jpg
    Greenshot_2013-07-22_20-19-34.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 1

John Wesley Martin

Next time I go way west. I'll stop by.
Rod.

Rod, I think you have been to Big Spring, before. I was in the service from 69 to 71. They told me about a player who came through and played Bar Table 8 ball, with the big cue ball, driving a purple El Dorado Cadillac.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Rod, I think you have been to Big Spring, before. I was in the service from 69 to 71. They told me about a player who came through and played Bar Table 8 ball, with the big cue ball, driving a purple El Dorado Cadillac.

Well, I have passed through there, on my way to Hobbs New Mexico.
Hobbs was a hell of an action spot in the 50's, it was an oil boom town.

They're probably speaking about Surfer Rod, He fits that description.
Rod.

John Wesley Martin

Nice overhead view -- maybe from a balcony area?

Yes, from the balcony. I opened the room Sept.15, 1994. I always wanted to open one and I got lucky on the 92 and 93 football seasons, so I had the funds to do it. I am looking for someone to run it, I am very busy in the oil field. I thing it would be a very good opportunity for the right person. Going to Vegas tomorrow, plan on giving a lot more details when I get back.

John Wesley Martin

Well, I have passed through there, on my way to Hobbs New Mexico.
Hobbs was a hell of an action spot in the 50's, it was an oil boom town.

They're probably speaking about Surfer Rod, He fits that description.
Rod.

Please stop by, I only open on the weekends. I am looking for the right person to run it. I am very busy in the oil field. I opened it in 1994.:)

John Wesley Martin

Great looking room, John! I couldn't tell from the pictures-- are there 5 tables? I like those older Diamonds.

Doc

There are 6 tables on the bottom, 1 in the private room, and 1 in the loft and a bar table. I am going to Vegas tomorrow and plan on giving a lot more details when I get back. I need someone to run it, way to busy in the oil field. :)

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Looks like my kind of room, John! You said you only open on weekends. I presume that is because you have no one to run it for you, so that you have to do it yourself, and you only can do it on the weekends because of your regular job.

What a shame. I hope you can find someone soon. I like how you've announced it right out there in the window of your establishment: you're not going to put up with any guff or horse pucky. Young people need discipline. Otherwise they never learn any standards, or the difference between right and wrong.

Looking forward to your descriptions when you get back.

Doc

fathomblue

I tried to call the number you left in the original post, John.

I'm the guy from AZBilliards that's interested in your poolroom position. I left you a PM over there with my number.

I've been under the weather lately, but slowly starting to get over it.