Update: US Open - OnePocket.org players

bstroud

Verified Member
Thanks for all the support from all of you (except Lou F.)

I was satisfied with the way I played against Chris. I did not miss one ball. He missed four and got safe 3 times. He also made a ball on the break in two games and ran 6 and 5.

That should make Lou happy.

I lost because I don't play much with the Measles ball and lost it in the pocket when I tried to remove a ball.

Chris is a very good player and super nice. Plays slow but doesn't make many mistakes.

Missed a ball my second match but won anyway.

By the time I played my third match I had been playing for over 12 hours.
On my first shot against Brandon My right hand cramped up and I left him straight in.

Then both hands cramped up and I considered forfeiting the match but quit is not in my vocabulary. The pain got really bad and I couldn't even make a bridge to shoot. Did the best I could under the circumstances. Missed a ball the last game.

Overall it was a great experience and I can see a great deal of improvement in my game. Modern one pocket is a much different game than the one I grew up with. Today it is a game of "hide and seek". You put a ball near your pocket and tie the cue ball up behind balls. One good shot is enough to turn the tide or win the game.

Bill S.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

I was satisfied with the way I played against Chris. I did not miss one ball. He missed four and got safe 3 times. He also made a ball on the break in two games and ran 6 and 5.

I lost because I don't play much with the Measles ball and lost it in the pocket when I tried to remove a ball.

Chris is a very good player and super nice. Plays slow but doesn't make many mistakes.

On my first shot against Brandon My right hand cramped up and I left him straight in.

Then both hands cramped up and I considered forfeiting the match but quit is not in my vocabulary. The pain got really bad and I couldn't even make a bridge to shoot. Did the best I could under the circumstances. Missed a ball the last game.

Overall it was a great experience and I can see a great deal of improvement in my game. Modern one pocket is a much different game than the one I grew up with. Today it is a game of "hide and seek". You put a ball near your pocket and tie the cue ball up behind balls. One good shot is enough to turn the tide or win the game.

Bill S.

Bill, one of the most common causes of cramping is dehydration. Drink plenty of water.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Bill S.

bill thanks for the report and kudos for getting in the ring and wrestling with the young guns
did everyone play 3 matches the first day??
thats ALOT of pool
must be tough to stay sharp as you get older
i imagine for tom who came from florida the day before
his 10 pm match was STARTING at 1 am in his time clock...:eek:
and he had just finished a long match with bernie
not much time to take a nap/shower/freshen up etc
but great effort fellas
:)