2013 Player Sponsorship donations

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Okay, for the Onepocket.org people only. I'll add one soft-cover copy of The "Encyclopedia" of Pool Hustlers to the auction. I will also number it #101.

I will send it out at the same time I send out the first 100, which will be well ahead of the regularly scheduled edition.

Beard

This will give some of those people that wouldn't order a book in their own name a chance.

Freddy,

All this stuff you are putting up is essential for a high class pool library.
It's great that there are still people out there who are willing to put up their blood, sweat, and tears, for this game. You got a lot out of pool and are willing to put something back into it, and that is the way it should be for anyone who loves a sport.

Once the donation process is completed I will be looking you up to get copies for myself. Maybe you will be kind enough to sign a copy for me. :)

Tom

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
This is the official thread for donations toward the OnePocket.org player sponsorship fund. We will be sending a player to the upcoming US Open One Pocket tournament in Las Vegas again this year, thanks to Mark Griffin of Cue Sports International.

Donations can be made either online or by mail, all of the information you need is here:
OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship

We will have a drawing for those who contribute to this fund, with an opportunity to win memorabilia and/or instructional materials. Drawing chances will be handled 1 for 20, 3 for 50, 7 for 100. When you make a donation, be sure to let me know if you want your donation to be confidential, because my default is going to be to post your donation.

This will be our official accounting post, so here are the funds so far:
300.00 Entry fee donated by Mark Griffin
100.00 Bernie Pettipiece
100.00 pledge wincardona
100.00 anonymous
50.00 Cory
50.00 Miller
50.00 JAM

Items donated for drawing so far:
11 x 14 photo print, your choice from http://www.poolinaction.com/
OnePocket.org black tee-shirt, up to size XXL
Banks That Don't Go, But Do DVD
Banking with the Beard DVD
Banking with the Beard shirt (short or long-sleeve)
5 Vintage (reproduction) pool legends exhibition posters
Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers, first printing paperback numbered 101​

Freddy has added #101 signed first printing of his new book, Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers to the drawing! Thank you Freddy, and thank you JAM, and thank you mr3cushion for your donations!!

JAM

Verified Member
[/INDENT] Freddy has added #101 signed first printing of his new book, Encyclopedia of Pool Hustlers to the drawing! Thank you Freddy, and thank you JAM, and thank you mr3cushion for your donations!!

I would like to post about this on AzBilliards. Tom-Tom is a good horse. I would think some folks on there might be interested in hoping to win one of these cool prizes. :cool:

If you would rather I not, let me know. I won't make a move until tomorrow and will wait to hear what you-all think.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
2013 Player Sponsorship donations

I would like to post about this on AzBilliards. Tom-Tom is a good horse. I would think some folks on there might be interested in hoping to win one of these cool prizes. :cool:

If you would rather I not, let me know. I won't make a move until tomorrow and will wait to hear what you-all think.

When we ran a raffle for bugs Rucker late in bugs life we did post both here and there but this is different because we are talking about sponsoring a one pocket.org player. We raised about seven grand for bugs, by the way.

I appreciate your enthusiasm jam but I think not this kind of thing. HOF yes, aging players yes, but it seems like posting this over there would change it to AZ & 1P jointly sponsoring a player. I have no problem with that as a concept but it would be a change.

JAM

Verified Member
When we ran a raffle for bugs Rucker late in bugs life we did post both here and there but this is different because we are talking about sponsoring a one pocket.org player. We raised about seven grand for bugs, by the way.

I appreciate your enthusiasm jam but I think not this kind of thing. HOF yes, aging players yes, but it seems like posting this over there would change it to AZ & 1P jointly sponsoring a player. I have no problem with that as a concept but it would be a change.

I totally understand your thoughts. Thank you for the kind reply!

In the meantime, Tom-Tom, let's get ready to RUMBLE! Give 'em all you got! :cool:

squeezeplay

Verified Member
good luck

good luck

Hot Hot Hot. Vegas. Now.

I hope you get a decent draw Tom. That can be the difference.

Sent some in.

Jim (and Jen)

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks double Js

I hope so too.
And thanks for the support, wish you could be there to help root me in, but I will be as ready as I possibly can.
I'm practicing every day to smooth out my stroke and build confidence and consistency. It is good that I still have a couple weeks to prepare.

Tom

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks double Js

I hope so too.
And thanks for the support, wish you could be there to help root me in, but I will be as ready as I possibly can.
I'm practicing every day to smooth out my stroke and build confidence and consistency. It is good that I still have a couple weeks to prepare.

Tom

It can be grueling Tom. After a 6 1/2 hour match with Bernie P and a four zip spanking from Chris Gentile a couple years ago, I had the last match of the night with Paul Song, who had just knocked out Parica.

Now, I never drink when playing a match, but after looking at me, San Jose Dick and Frank The Barber dragged me to the bar for a couple quick shots of Jack, and don't you know I played the match of my life to beat Paul.

I made it to the next day where Alex finished me off.

I have tried this technique a few times since, and even carried a flask in my case for a while, but it never worked again. Dick says I have to begin much earlier to be effective all the time.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Looks like it'll shape up to be a nice field. I'm sure that Gentile and all the rest of Murderer's Row will sign up.

Helfert told me in Tunica that he'll be playing in the big World Series of Poker main event, so he probably decided to dust off his old weathered cue to be somebody's bye in the one-pocket...;)

Doc knows the feeling.:eek:

Doc

Don't sell Jay short Doc. He has never been one to put his money in bad spots. I danced though the raindrops a couple years ago and he could very well do the same.

If you draw well and play good in the right spots, good things can happen.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
With all the well wishes I have been receiving here at OP.org I am wondering who all will be out there to at least witness this event. There are so many here who I have never met and whom I would very much like to have that opportunity. If you will be in Vegas between the dates of July 16th and 22nd and would like to introduce yourself please let me know in one way or another. It is nice to put a face to a thought. :)

Tom

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Don't sell Jay short Doc. He has never been one to put his money in bad spots. I danced though the raindrops a couple years ago and he could very well do the same.

If you draw well and play good in the right spots, good things can happen.

Right you are, Hendy. I was yanking Jay's chain in case he were to grace us with his presence.;) He rarely posts here, though. Not enough adulation.:D

Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
With all the well wishes I have been receiving here at OP.org I am wondering who all will be out there to at least witness this event. There are so many here who I have never met and whom I would very much like to have that opportunity. If you will be in Vegas between the dates of July 16th and 22nd and would like to introduce yourself please let me know in one way or another. It is nice to put a face to a thought. :)

Tom

Tom,ill be sure to say hello. Keith