buddy jeremy #2

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Bank the 10 into those other balls and open them up. Shoot easy. Neither of them either banks, or is shootable into your pocket at the moment. With the cue ball on the end rail you might leave a long cross corner bank, but Jeremy will have a tough time not leaving you a return bank off of any of those 3 balls if he misses the bank he is shooting.

Beard

bstroud

Verified Member
Looks like he has a 3 rail on the red stripe and cue ball up table.
Possible kiss.

Bill S.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
You could also just clip the r/s of the ten and open up your balls and leave em on the other long rail.

Not bad, but you are leaving all 3 balls far away from your pocket. With the bank there is a chance for one of the balls to move closer to your pocket. You also may retie them up again with the clip.

Beard

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Not bad, but you are leaving all 3 balls far away from your pocket. With the bank there is a chance for one of the balls to move closer to your pocket. You also may retie them up again with the clip.

Beard

So if I clip the ten, with 3 o'clock excessive spinning cue ball, looks like I'll land frozen on the head rail about one diamond from the pocket....so whats the return shot to NOT leave me a shot.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The 13 & 2-balls are messing things up for Buddy. I don't know what he's looking at in the picture. But Buddy is a shooter, so he might take a run at the 2-ball 3-railer with low english, leaving the CB on the head rail-- hopefully with the 10-ball as a blocker.

Nick V. would probably roll the 10-ball up near the corner pocket and 1-ball to start a wedge.

Me? If I didn't like the 2-ball shot, I'd probably just roll the CB off the 10, and over to the side rail. Jones needs 'em all. Why get tricky?

BTW, this match was played in the late 90's, when JJ was still real heavy. He sure slimmed down, and consequently added probably 15 years to his career.:)

Doc

tylerdurden

Verified Member
This just is not a quandary for me. I would shoot Island's shot every time. Maybe this is why I lose from here from time to time?? Just come off that 10 and concentrate on putting him on the rail.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Some who have posted on this thread have considered the three rail shot on the two ball. (IMO the thirteen looks too close to the side pocket for anything working there.) I respectfully disagree with that shot in this situation for one very good reason. That shot is very close to double kiss territory. A double kiss could prove disastrous for Buddy :eek:and he is in a position where he can do almost anything safety related and still have good control of the game. Why risk anything remotely close, the score being what it is? If a double kiss were to occur it would happen somewhere near the first diamond and a half along the back rail right side viewing.

Tom

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
So if I clip the ten, with 3 o'clock excessive spinning cue ball, looks like I'll land frozen on the head rail about one diamond from the pocket....so whats the return shot to NOT leave me a shot.

The balls all figure to be clumped together. If your opponent just rolls across the face of one of them and returns the cue ball to the foot rail, all the balls will be gathered together along the long rail. What shot would I have besides some kind of 3 railer where I must turn the cue ball loose?

Beard

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If you don't shoot at your hole here with either the 13 or 2ball you're missing out on a free opportunity to win the game. There doesn't seem to be a kiss with the 2ball, however, the 13ball looks to be closer to the kiss angle than the 2ball does.

There's only one thing wrong with shooting off the 10ball and that is you're giving your opponent a free pass that he won't lose the game with your option.

Dr. Bill

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I set the three railer up ten times with a few slight variations taking into consideration that the image shown may distort the true position of the balls.
I got a kiss three times, made the shot twice, came close two other times, the rest came up short and ended on the short rail. A few of the shots which missed the kiss where somewhat close and a few others where well out of the way of the kiss. For me the jury is still out on the three rail bank on the two. I didn't try the thirteen ball.

Dr. Bill, If Buddy can be sure of no kiss on the two than by all means bank it for the win. If on the other hand there is any doubt about the kiss then IMO the shot must be avoided.

Tom

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
If you don't shoot at your hole here with either the 13 or 2ball you're missing out on a free opportunity to win the game. There doesn't seem to be a kiss with the 2ball, however, the 13ball looks to be closer to the kiss angle than the 2ball does.

There's only one thing wrong with shooting off the 10ball and that is you're giving your opponent a free pass that he won't lose the game with your option.

Dr. Bill

I'm sure Buddy didn't get to seven balls by passing up opportunities like this three railer.
Prevent defense and being passive at the wrong time will lose a lot of games. You still need to apply pressure when ever you can. This looks like a good time to do so.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Bank the 10 into those other balls and open them up. Shoot easy. Neither of them either banks, or is shootable into your pocket at the moment. With the cue ball on the end rail you might leave a long cross corner bank, but Jeremy will have a tough time not leaving you a return bank off of any of those 3 balls if he misses the bank he is shooting.

Beard

Freddy,

I cannot believe you wrote that:sorry. Those balls don't need to be "broken up", you only need one ball:confused:. Moving those other balls will only help JJ.

I would bank the 10 back near the footrail and let JJ shoot. It's tough to tell the angle, the cueball might just go straight thru the 10 ball but it will end up in the same place.

cbd's shot.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I set the three railer up ten times with a few slight variations taking into consideration that the image shown may distort the true position of the balls.
I got a kiss three times, made the shot twice, came close two other times, the rest came up short and ended on the short rail. A few of the shots which missed the kiss where somewhat close and a few others where well out of the way of the kiss. For me the jury is still out on the three rail bank on the two. I didn't try the thirteen ball.

Dr. Bill, If Buddy can be sure of no kiss on the two than by all means bank it for the win. If on the other hand there is any doubt about the kiss then IMO the shot must be avoided.

Tom

No wonder I voted to send you to Tunica. You can only shoot the 3 railer if youare the guy that needs all the balls.

Beard