lee van did shoot it as you described
the 6 and 11 double kissed
he left cliff like this
cliff tried to bank the 8 and missed
View attachment 8253

View attachment 8254

View attachment 8255

Larry,

Look at the shot again..It was soooo tight, Lee actually kissed the 11 off the 5..(unplanned I'm sure)..He must have squiggled it a little, to even get that much of the 11...That is why Lee is NOT known for his one pocket prowess..:cool:
PS..Larry,...Doling out cookies, does NOT make it the right shot !..:eek:

View attachment 8258

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Anyone who believes more than one sentence in this post is a complete f@@king idiot.

Dennis

Please tell me what you are talking about...Are you upset that I called you a [sic] 'student of the game' instead of a 'World Class' player ? Everything is based on what you told me on the phone..Sheeeesh, What a dildohead..:eek:

Late Edit;..Looks like someone else thought Hacker, Billy, and Rod were sincere !!! (post #44) :eek:..You might be the idiot who's wrong !..:eek:

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
:eek:

Larry,

Look at the shot again..It was soooo tight, Lee actually kissed the 11 off the 5..(unplanned I'm sure)..He must have squiggled it a little, to even get that much of the 11...That is why Lee is NOT known for his one pocket prowess..:cool:
PS..Larry,...Doling out cookies, does NOT make it the right shot !..:eek:
View attachment 8258

the cookie does not always say whats the best shot......:eek:
look at my post above
written before i read your last post....:D
the 2 ball is the shot
at least for my skill level trying hackers shot on the 2 ball with the distance between the rails and balls would be a
what were you thinking type of shot....:eek:
hacker most of the time im on your side with shot selection based on skill level
not in this case
icbw

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Please tell me what you are talking about...Are you upset that I called you a [sic] 'student of the game' instead of a 'World Class' player ? Everything is based on what you told me on the phone..Sheeeesh, What a dildohead..:eek:

Late Edit;..Looks like someone else thought Hacker, Billy, and Rod were sincere !!! Yes, another thing I had to take the time to explain to you. What a f@@king yo-yo:frus.(post #44) :eek:..You might be the idiot who's wrong !..:eek:

You are so easy for these idiots to f@@k with that it's not even funny.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I really don't think the kiss is there the way I am talking about shooting the bank on the 11, a little low and center and play for the 6.

I agree that the cookie shot is not always the best shot of course. I don't even like the cookie concept. It is not "what would Lee do from here". It is what would you do (if you were playing joyner) in this spot. Or is it what would you do if you were lee? In any case, I would have banked it with center and ran out.

That bank is WAY better than even money, and you are looking at a 6-0 deficit. So, you went from big underdog (playing cliff those balls will leave soon), to a 3 out of 5 or so favorite. Those ball are hanging after you make the bank. He played too cute, the high ball will make that 6 get over there quicker. "Better" cb placement, but not the right shot imo.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Lee shot at the bank, that means to me it almost assuredly went.

If he gets it through there, the bank is in. And look at those balls. He will be banking the 2 for the win. I think he played too much cb. He should be thinking 100% win it or lose it right here.

He got that kiss, I know, but if you hit this shot with a center ball the cb sticks a lot more and doesn't come off as fast imo. That would have slowed the 6 down. Hard to tell though.

I read most everyone's posts. Sometimes I wonder if you bother to think that players other than yourself would run right on out here, like water. Does that still make your shot right for them? He shot the bank and missed, I'll take my medicine. I don't like Lee's side of playing cliff 6 to 0 with the balls FOR SURE going uptable though, especially with a well better than even money bank like this, AND cliff being a much better mover. If that makes me wrong, so be it.

Sometimes I think we have to ask ourselves what we want to start our runs with to get back into a game. I mean you are looking at a bank like this it is one of the easier banks in the game. How much better do you think things will look for Lee Van playing one of the premier movers in the world?

Everyone here knows you talk out of your ass too, so don't even start. I rarely ever defend my shots like this. I just don't like Lee's end of nothing but the bank here; and he shot at it too. So oh yes that must mean I am way wrong. He doesn't know his game, right?

bstroud

Verified Member
You can see from the new pic that the 6 ball billiard was not on but it was the correct shot anyway. Good result.

Cliff now has to decide to bet the game on the 8 ball bank or not. The balls are wide open for his opponent if he misses.

It really depend on how tight the pockets are and how he feels about the shot.

He can also shoot the 8 into the 6 and 11 and hope to clear the pocket.

Looks to me like it will work.

The kick shot on the 2 ball is useless as it leaves to many bank choices.
A slight masse to bank the 2 ball might have been an option but can't tell from the pics.

Thanks for the cookie.

Bill S.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Lee shot at the bank, that means to me it almost assuredly went.

If he gets it through there, the bank is in. And look at those balls. He will be banking the 2 for the win. I think he played too much cb. He should be thinking 100% win it or lose it right here.

He got that kiss, I know, but if you hit this shot with a center ball the cb sticks a lot more and doesn't come off as fast imo. That would have slowed the 6 down. Hard to tell though.

I read most everyone's posts. Sometimes I wonder if you bother to think that players other than yourself would run right on out here, like water. Does that still make your shot right for them? He shot the bank and missed, I'll take my medicine. I don't like Lee's side of playing cliff 6 to 0 with the balls FOR SURE going uptable though, especially with a well better than even money bank like this, AND cliff being a much better mover. If that makes me wrong, so be it.

Sometimes I think we have to ask ourselves what we want to start our runs with to get back into a game. I mean you are looking at a bank like this it is one of the easier banks in the game. How much better do you think things will look for Lee Van playing one of the premier movers in the world?

Everyone here knows you talk out of your ass too, so don't even start. I rarely ever defend my shots like this. I just don't like Lee's end of nothing but the bank here; and he shot at it too. So oh yes that must mean I am way wrong. He doesn't know his game, right?
05-12-2013, 06:27 PM
wincardona
Verified Member

Maybe I'm getting too old to see any more but I dont think the 11ball goes. The kick on the 2ball looks to be a good option. If I were to kick the 2ball I would kick it to thr bottom rail then to the side rail using the 8ball as a blocker. Another shot would be to take an intentional and kick to the ball on top of the 8ball. This option will pteclude any up table game to be played and the next time at the table you figure to improve your position.

Dr. Bill

If there was enough room for the 11ball to be banked then it was the correct shot. Clearly. Trailing 6 to 0 you look for a shot to score a ball and hopefully continue your run and the 11ball option Imo fell into that criterion. Had the 11ball option not been available then Imo the next best option would be to kick the 2ball. I disagree with what Stroud says when he said that the kick on the 2ball wasn't any good because you give up too many return options. From the picture it looks like you need to either bend the cue ball slightly with ..left english or put maximum left spin on the cue ball to kick the 2ball. You then figure to contact the 2ball not so deep to kick it in but to kick it to the bottom rail and with enough speed for the 2ball to continue to the side rail. The cue ball should back up a little to the right a few inches after contact...if you hit the kick well. From that position you will force your opponent to play carefully and allow you back to the table to improve on your position.

Dr. Bill

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I do see how the kick can do some serious good too. I just felt like Bill in that if I lose the cb a hair I am going to leave him some powerful options. That shot would appeal to me more personally if cb control weren't so touchy.... depends on where the 2 stops too.

Sorry to harp on this, but all I saw here was that Lee had 8 there during this shot (if you include the bank on the 2), and they wont be there for long. It would be hard to impossible to put cliff anywhere where he can't knock at least 1 uptable on his next shot. But a well executed kick on that 2 just could do that. Ok, over and out on this one, I have said my piece and then some :eek: