corteza/joyner 2013 dcc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If I was going to kick the 2 ball I would kick off the end rail banking the 2 ball into the stack and than having the cueball billiard the 1 ball uptable.

I think that's a good shot but as long as you're going to bank the 2ball into the stack and billiard the 1ball you might as well play the 1ball off the point of the side pocket and send it toward your pocket.:D:lol

Dr. Bill

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I think that's a good shot but as long as you're going to bank the 2ball into the stack and billiard the 1ball you might as well play the 1ball off the point of the side pocket and send it toward your pocket.:D:lol

Dr. Bill

Dr. Bill, that's what I thought. My Stakehorse is ROTFLHAO at your clever response. :D:p:)
Rod.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
With the score the way it is I'm shooting to pocket the two ball if I could kick and stick. The position of the two ball will allow the shot to be hit with fairly good precision to either pocket the two or get it close enough to make a return bank unlikely.
Making the two with that position on the cue ball will give you a good shot on the eight and possibly the game. I'm doing this before the balls start to disappear to the other end of the table.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It also looks to me like the kick on the two to make it and run some more is your best bet -- but it is definitely not a "free" shot if you miss it. It looks like both the 10 and the 14 already bank clean to Cliff's pocket and the 2 might also if you miss. But lying just 3-4 inches off the rail like that and with the cue ball already sitting at a somewhat natural angle for the kick sure improves your chances on the kick. Right after I post I'm setting it up and trying it -- once :D

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
It also looks to me like the kick on the two to make it and run some more is your best bet -- but it is definitely not a "free" shot if you miss it. It looks like both the 10 and the 14 already bank clean to Cliff's pocket and the 2 might also if you miss. But lying just 3-4 inches off the rail like that and with the cue ball already sitting at a somewhat natural angle for the kick sure improves your chances on the kick. Right after I post I'm setting it up and trying it -- once :D

Well I set it up as best I could. The 14 ball definitely crowds your kicking lane if I set it up correctly, which unfortunately caused me to not get enough of the 2 to make it when I tried it -- the first time. Missing it on that side also left the cue ball up where the 14 or 10 would have banked. If you are kicking the 2-ball, you need to really dig down to try to make it, not soft kick it like a two-way shot -- at least that's what I found. That helps keep the cue ball lower afterwards too.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Count me in the "kick the duece camp" and I'm in pretty good company too... I can see no reason to hand Cliff the game, on a wild 'hit and hope' shot, even if I were down 6, or 7 zip...Like Dr. Bill pointed out, if you kick the duece, bottom rail, about where the chalk is, and up toward the side rail, hidden behind the 8..(a very simply executed shot)...You are at least giving yourself a better chance at re-arrainging the furniture on your next shot, as you are sure to have one !

Cliff will probably come off the 8 thin, to the bottom rail, trying to force you to knock 'em up table...You could wind up with some very good options, your next at bat...I ain't shootin' no desperation shot yet !... You still have a good chance to get back in this game, with a little patience...You may have to take a scratch to get there, but freeze near near the middle of the end rail, he ain't gonna be shooting at the one ball..The balls favor you, big time...:cool:

I don't understand why this is a desperation bank. You hit that bank just short of that diamond with center. The center will put a little twist on there and it is going. I have been hitting nothing but banks for a few years now, and this angle is not hard to judge. Where's Brumback? lol

The truth is, you must be at the table to truly see if that bank goes, but it looks like it goes to me (nice angle by the way Larry).

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I don't understand why this is a desperation bank. You hit that bank just short of that diamond with center. The center will put a little twist on there and it is going. I have been hitting nothing but banks for a few years now, and this angle is not hard to judge. Where's Brumback? lol

The truth is, you must be at the table to truly see if that bank goes, but it looks like it goes to me (nice angle by the way Larry).

Are we talking about the same layout Tyler ? (diagram in post 1 and 19) It is not nice to confuse old men like that...What the hell 'gimme bank' are you referring to ?..:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :frus

PS..Posts #23 and #28, do not even appear to be feasable at all...I thought that was why Dr. Bill was making a funny, about shooting the one off the side pocket tit ???... Are we ALL losing our minds ?

PPS..The duece does not appear to be far enough off the rail to even have a prayer of kicking it in the hole...!

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Are we talking about the same layout Tyler ? (diagram in post 1 and 19) It is not nice to confuse old men like that...What the hell 'gimme bank' are you referring to ?..:confused: :eek: :rolleyes: :frus

Yeah. Your hero Rush Limbaugh could even make this one. Center ball and just knock it inbetween the 5 and 8. It lays. He may not shoot it but that don't make me wrong :D

I'll tell you what, if he shoots it with center ball, and misses the 5 and 8, and it doesn't go, what do you want? I may even let you smoke a nasty cigarette in my presence lol.

I will admit though, sometimes it is hard/impossible to see exactly how the edges of the balls lay in these photos :( Hacker's got a good shot here if it aint there.

You act like you aint never shot at your hole. I thought you were a gunsligner as a youngster.

Attachments

• rush limbaugh rect.jpg
    rush limbaugh rect.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I still like my shot (post #8) but I also like banking the 13 into the five and sending whitie off the head rail up behind the one to double him up if the 6 doesn't go.

squeezeplay

Verified Member
Respectfully, I think the score may be somewhat desperate but the situation is not. The game can still be won with any slight-or major-error from Cliff.

I think the 2 ball kick is correct but you cannot try to make it and risk the possible disruption of the stack and leave a possible bank for Cliff.

This is your last chance to get back in the game. No hero shots.

Cliff, or any champion for that matter, can make forced or unforced errors.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Yeah. Your hero Rush Limbaugh could even make this one. Center ball and just knock it inbetween the 5 and 8. It lays. He may not shoot it but that don't make me wrong :D

I'll tell you what, if he shoots it with center ball, and misses the 5 and 8, and it doesn't go, what do you want? I may even let you smoke a nasty cigarette in my presence lol.

I will admit though, sometimes it is hard/impossible to see exactly how the edges of the balls lay in these photos :( Hacker's got a good shot here if it aint there.

You act like you aint never shot at your hole. I thought you were a gunsligner as a youngster.

Tyler, (A) There is NO bank on the duece, there is only a kick, and barely room for that... (B).If Larry described Hackers shot correctly (in post #22) and you think it is even remotely, a good shot...then both of you are drunk, stoned and delusional !

If we are looking at the same table lay out, I may never respond to another WWYD again, Ever ! :cool:...I can find a better, more sensible dialogue, with ANY 15 yr. old banger over on AZB...:frus (probably more stimulating too)

SuperDuck <--Was always a 'Gofer/Gunslinger' type... But I don't believe I EVER shot MYSELF in the head..:eek: :sorry:

PS..Why are you jawing at me, and not these two guys, who also seem to think, both you, and Whacker, are whacko ! ?

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=111739&postcount=25

View attachment 8250

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Tyler, (A) There is NO bank on the duece, there is only a kick, and barely room for that... (B).If Larry described Hackers shot correctly (in post #22) and you think it is even remotely, a good shot...then both of you are drunk, stoned and delusional !

If we are looking at the same table lay out, I may never respond to another WWYD again, Ever ! :cool:...I can find a better, more sensible dialogue, with ANY 15 yr. old banger over on AZB...:frus (probably more stimulating too)

SuperDuck <--Was always a 'Gofer/Gunslinger' type... But I don't believe I EVER shot MYSELF in the head..:eek: :sorry:

PS..Why are you jawing at me, and not these two guys, who also seem to think, both you, and Whacker, are whacko ! ?

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=111739&postcount=25

View attachment 8250

He just talking about banking the 11 and bumping the six for the next shot. I would too if it goes, but I can't tell. That could be your winning chance for this game.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
He just talking about banking the 11 and bumping the six for the next shot. I would too if it goes, but I can't tell. That could be your winning chance for this game.

Aha...That may explain the unexplainable.. No one (including Tyler) has mentioned the 11 ball lately, as I thought it was discarded long ago, as not having enough room to be an option ->http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showpost.php?p=111728&postcount=17 ..I thought thats why EVERYBODY (but Tyler) quit talking about it....Is jumping allowed ? :lol :lol :lol

PS..It might be a viable option for Mike Massey, but not for our hero Tyler..:D

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I can't see exactly if the shot is on but the bank on the 11 ball and the billiard on the 6 ball with high right could work.

With the score as it is you need to do something aggressive to get in the game.

Bill S.

mr. stroud you win a cookie...!!!!!:D
lee van did shoot it as you described
the 6 and 11 double kissed
he left cliff like this
cliff tried to bank the 8 and missed
lj4.jpg

lj5.jpg

lj8.jpg

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
If I chose to bank the 8, I would totally forget shape and make the shot first, that way you've got the best of it, but if you chose to play shape on the bank, then there's too much going on.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Respectfully, I think the score may be somewhat desperate but the situation is not. The game can still be won with any slight-or major-error from Cliff.

I think the 2 ball kick is correct but you cannot try to make it and risk the possible disruption of the stack and leave a possible bank for Cliff.

This is your last chance to get back in the game. No hero shots.

Cliff, or any champion for that matter, can make forced or unforced errors

Welcome Squeezeplay....You may be new to the forum, but you obviously know a lot more about one pocket, than the guy's I'm jangling with...Your reasoning is spot on !

Sorry Larry, but big mouth RBL, let the cat out of the bag, (to me anyway)..Van Corteza shot the dead wrong shot, and VERY luckily got away with it...He didn't make a ball, but then Cliff compounded it, by also shooting the dead wrong shot, and allowed Lee back in the game.

According to RBL (a real [sic] student of the game), it was one of the worst games he's ever seen on accustat.(also the worst commentated)...It looked like they were BOTH dumping, and the commentators were in on it !..:eek:

SuperDuck---> Thinks he will take another well-earned vacation from the WWYD threads..It is an absolute exercise in futility, to try and defend the correct shot, against those who appear to be mentally challenged ! :sorry

PS...Wheres Artie when we need him ??? :frus

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Welcome Squeezeplay....You may be new to the forum, but you obviously know a lot more about one pocket, than the guy's I'm jangling with...Your reasoning is spot on !

Sorry Larry, but big mouth RBL, let the cat out of the bag, (to me anyway)..Van Corteza shot the dead wrong shot, and VERY luckily got away with it...He didn't make a ball, but then Cliff compounded it, by also shooting the dead wrong shot, and allowed Lee back in the game.

According to RBL (a real [sic] student of the game), it was one of the worst games he's ever seen on accustat.(also the worst commentated)...It looked like they were BOTH dumping, and the commentators were in on it !..:eek:

SuperDuck---> Thinks he will take another well-earned vacation from the WWYD threads..It is an absolute exercise in futility, to try and defend the correct shot, against those who appear to be mentally challenged ! :sorry

PS...Wheres Artie when we need him ??? :frus

Anyone who believes more than one sentence in this post is a complete f@@king idiot.

Dennis