lj1.jpg

lj2.jpg

Attachments

• lj3.jpg
    lj3.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 2

bstroud

Verified Member
I can't see exactly if the shot is on but the bank on the 11 ball and the billiard on the 6 ball with high right could work.

With the score as it is you need to do something aggressive to get in the game.

Bill S.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
You could pinch draw off 11 and play the six ball, seems as tho the overcut on the 11 would set this situation up nicely to at least lay the six on the bottom rail, plus your movin' balls up table.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I can't see exactly if the shot is on but the bank on the 11 ball and the billiard on the 6 ball with high right could work.

With the score as it is you need to do something aggressive to get in the game.

Bill S.

This is what I saw too. Billiard the 6 on its right side as the cb travels to it. I would hit this bank with maybe a little low, center ball myself. I would play for the 6 next.

Good chance to get out here, gotta take it.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Kick with pace to hit the five ball full in the face. The six might go, you should be too low to leave him the two, and a little high english should stop the cue ball from rolling after impact.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I agree with the guys wanting to shoot here. Six-oh, it's time to go...

The 11-ball bank is good, because the CB should carom into the 6, and present a good run opportunity. Although if he missed the 11, Cliff would probably have a bank, and a good chance to close it out.

The 8-ball might be on as well. It's a safer shot-- hit with center ball the CB would roll up to the 5-ball. If the 8 went, then he could bank the deuce, and on from there.

Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
IMO I see the two ball as the correct shot to shoot here for a variety of reasons. First the two ball kick can easily be controlled and measured accurately. Second this shot has safety as well as move written all over it. Third, should the two happen to fall the cue ball will be in an ideal position to run several balls if not run out and win the game.

The idea of banking the eleven and caroming the six has merit but I am doubtful enough of the eleven can be struck without its striking the five ball. Unless this shot is set up perfectly I see this as a complicated shot which may need considerable tweeking. The risk factor is high as well regardless of the 6 to 0 score.

In addition, should this shot be somewhat "on" there is no guaranty of a second shot due to the fact that after the carom the cue ball will in all likelihood rest on the bottom rail and near Cliff's pocket. The only ball which is a potential second shot is either the six or the eleven depending which falls. For the reasons I stated earlier the two is my choice here, without a doubt.

Tom

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
IMO I see the two ball as the correct shot to shoot here for a variety of reasons. First the two ball kick can easily be controlled and measured accurately. Second this shot has safety as well as move written all over it. Third, should the two happen to fall the cue ball will be in an ideal position to run several balls if not run out and win the game.

The idea of banking the eleven and caroming the six has merit but I am doubtful enough of the eleven can be struck without its striking the five ball. Unless this shot is set up perfectly I see this as a complicated shot which may need considerable tweeking. The risk factor is high as well regardless of the 6 to 0 score.

In addition, should this shot be somewhat "on" there is no guaranty of a second shot due to the fact that after the carom the cue ball will in all likelihood rest on the bottom rail and near Cliff's pocket. The only ball which is a potential second shot is either the six or the eleven depending which falls. For the reasons I stated earlier the two is my choice here, without a doubt.

Tom

That's what I say too

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Bank the 13 ball into the 5, 11, 6, 8 area with speed. Draw cueball uptable on your side. A whole lot of balls are going to your side and hole and something might fall. That 2 ball will not be looking so juicy after the balls are moved toward your pocket. Your down 6 to 0. If he wants to shoot that 2 ball have at it. Any other shot here and your opponent is going to be moving the balls uptable

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I like the kick on the two ball. With the two ball that close to the rail the hit on it is very predictable. That will leave you in position to get all you need.
To play the bank on the eleven and carom to the six with the cue ball will need forward roll on the cue ball, this may create a traffic jam in that area.
Playing just the carom on the six with draw you will need to cut the eleven with very little chance for position on another ball.
Shooting the six to the two and clearing them out is not a good option. Being down 6 to zero you need these balls in play and not up table.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
Bank the 13 ball into the 5, 11, 6, 8 area with speed. Draw cueball uptable on your side. A whole lot of balls are going to your side and hole and something might fall. That 2 ball will not be looking so juicy after the balls are moved toward your pocket. Your down 6 to 0. If he wants to shoot that 2 ball have at it. Any other shot here and your opponent is going to be moving the balls uptable

Looks pretty tough to control whitey with that cut and speed.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Maybe I'm getting too old to see any more but I dont think the 11ball goes. The kick on the 2ball looks to be a good option. If I were to kick the 2ball I would kick it to thr bottom rail then to the side rail using the 8ball as a blocker. Another shot would be to take an intentional and kick to the ball on top of the 8ball. This option will pteclude any up table game to be played and the next time at the table you figure to improve your position.

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Count me in the "kick the duece camp" and I'm in pretty good company too... I can see no reason to hand Cliff the game, on a wild 'hit and hope' shot, even if I were down 6, or 7 zip...Like Dr. Bill pointed out, if you kick the duece, bottom rail, about where the chalk is, and up toward the side rail, hidden behind the 8..(a very simply executed shot)...You are at least giving yourself a better chance at re-arrainging the furniture on your next shot, as you are sure to have one !

Cliff will probably come off the 8 thin, to the bottom rail, trying to force you to knock 'em up table...You could wind up with some very good options, your next at bat...I ain't shootin' no desperation shot yet !... You still have a good chance to get back in this game, with a little patience...You may have to take a scratch to get there, but freeze near near the middle of the end rail, he ain't gonna be shooting at the one ball..The balls favor you, big time...:cool:

Last edited: