D. Appleton vs. S. Ochoa 2012 Tunica

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I always bank these. Even make'em sometimes.
If you'd play safe, just roll off the 8 ball and try to hide the 15 ball. Might leave a bank on the 13 ball.
rod,

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 0

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
This I .....

This I .....

....would stand by the long rail and shoot softly towards the other with low left as A has diagramed figuring the 15 on a fast table to end up around the side pocket if indeed it doesnt go in.Doesnt matter where it goes as whitey is king as usual....no need to take a scratch and see nothing promising in the pile.....if you fall off the 3 or 8 you just knock the 10 towards his pocket....to come up under the 13 is hard to cue on.....

backplaying

Verified Member
Play the 8-1 combo bank hitting the right side of the 13 with cueball with right spin behind the 9 ball.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Backplaying thats a shot....

Backplaying thats a shot....

......you never shoot unless you dont mind the odd looks,absolutely nothing is there but you can always get lucky .You have no idea where whiteys going and no one here does either on a blast like that.OTOH I'd love to see someone shoot it,cheers,Bob

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm feeling froggy today - maybe it's the all day rain. I will hit the 6 ball in the face, with the intention of following with the cue ball and leaving the cb on Ochoa's long rail. The 6 goes toward the foot rail, the 5 goes uptable and the 11 banks my way, maybe moving the 9 or 13 as it goes. I believe that will leave the table more to my liking. I sure don't like it as it is. As an option, if I am afraid of running the 6 down before it clears, I can park the cue ball right there.

Skin

Verified Member
I gotta go with Sir Rodney...as long as the speed is good. ;)

Skin

onepockethacker

Verified Member
I'm feeling froggy today - maybe it's the all day rain. I will hit the 6 ball in the face, with the intention of following with the cue ball and leaving the cb on Ochoa's long rail. The 6 goes toward the foot rail, the 5 goes uptable and the 11 banks my way, maybe moving the 9 or 13 as it goes. I believe that will leave the table more to my liking. I sure don't like it as it is. As an option, if I am afraid of running the 6 down before it clears, I can park the cue ball right there.

I immediately saw the same shot and is exactly what i would be shooting.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I like Rod's and Vapros' selections. On the 15 straight back-- it might have to be hit more on the right side of the 15 in order to have it pick up reverse english off the head rail. Fred can weigh in here... If so, the CB would have to be hit 1/2 tip low to bank the CB straight across table.

Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I like Rod's and Vapros' selections. On the 15 straight back-- it might have to be hit more on the right side of the 15 in order to have it pick up reverse english off the head rail. Fred can weigh in here... If so, the CB would have to be hit 1/2 tip low to bank the CB straight across table.

Doc
A lotta middle ball spin, don't cut it. More high than low. CB goes across the the table, if you don't shoot to hard the 9 ball should stay safe.
Rod

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Vapro's shot looks to be too risky for me. What's happening with the 6ball? Looks like if this shot is hit with a med hard speed the 6ball will carom off the 8ball and open up the 1ball , or the 3ball for Ochoa. If the shot is hit with a med. soft speed then it isn't a productive shot. Rod's shot is an option, however, controlling the cue ball looks very touchy. Looks to be a very tough position to negotiate, but i'm going to do something off the 15ball if i'm at the table. I would have to be at the table to feel if Rod's shot was my choice, or possibly just shoot the 15ball up table and position the cue ball on Ochoa's side rail. Conservative? Yes. Next.

Dr. Bill

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I think that shot is playable too -- the initial contact "parts the waters" like Moses at the Red Sea and then the cue ball follows forward to the rail. But geezuz Darren, don't whack it like you did that last shot, lol!

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If I felt that I could play the 1-8ball combination bank, and miss the 7ball with the cue ball, draw spinning two cushions up table that would definitely be my choice. However, missing the 7ball may be too difficult for that shot to be an option. But, maybe not.

Dr. Bill

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
i'm also hitting the 6 full. My goal is to put the qb at 1.5 diamond. I think the 6 will hit the 8 and push the 1 toward the rail a little. with the qb at 1.5 there should be much for replys.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California

I was going to diagram this shot but you beat me to it. Nice selection.

THood

From
Westford, MA
I think I puss out and thin the three and glue whitey to the bottom rail. Hopefully a bit closer to the 13 than the 9. If I leave much daylight, the 13 banks, but as much as I might like to move something, I don't see nearly as much reward in these shots as risk. I'm gonna live to fight another day here I think.

'Course I lose a lot.

Tom

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Play the 8-1 combo bank hitting the right side of the 13 with cueball with right spin behind the 9 ball.

If the balls were laying perfect for this I like it best since the 1 could go in.

P.S. It would have to be laying absolutely perfect though, with the 13 so far from the 8.

bp's shot.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
If it is possible to shoot directly into the six without it contacting the eight more than by a feather, then as others have suggested, that is the shot for me. Drift the cue ball through to the side rail. The five and eleven in front of the six creates a lot of mass which may help the six from moving too far forward toward the eight ball. Also a force follow stroke may help stop the six from rolling forward to far.

A lot of maybe this and maybe that, but being at the table where you can see everything clearly can make all the difference. As Dr. Bill stated, the combo bank drawing the cue ball two rails isn't a bad option either but must be executed with precision.

I don't see anything of value coming off the fifteen.

Tom