CatFishBreath vs. A. Pagulayan 2012 Tunica

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Angle is still a little difficult to see even with the views posted. Depending on the angle I would either shoot the 6 into the 4, or into the 9, barely driving either to the rail and freeze the CB to the back of the 8.

backplaying

Verified Member
Shoot the 8 into the rail and keep him jacked up on the 6. He might shoot the 3 but very tough shot jacked up and couldn't keep it on the rail.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
If the 8ball is bankable two cushions in the corner it's not that tough of a shot for a top player. Center ball with right english, a simple flick of the wrist and the cue ball will freeze against the 6ball. This shot is much easier to execute than it appears. I'm sure every top player has shot this shot many times in similar situations.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
If the 8ball is bankable two cushions in the corner it's not that tough of a shot for a top player. Center ball with right english, a simple flick of the wrist and the cue ball will freeze against the 6ball. This shot is much easier to execute than it appears. I'm sure every top player has shot this shot many times in similar situations.

Dr. Bill

Yeah, sure. That would really be easy to execute to get enough speed to go two long rails and freeze the cue ball even tho you are only 1 inch away from the object ball. :sorry Jake Shaefer Sr would take a pass on this one.

Maybe when we get to DCC we can put this shot up in front of some champions and let them decide what to shoot

Incidentally, I shoot the two in the corner as good as Moses on the Mount.

Beard

Now to be fair, the 2 in the corner, if the angle is aiming at the right side of the corner pocket is a big shot, much bigger than many would think. Luat learned this shot from me and he seldom misses it. But if you think you are going to control the cue ball and stop it dead on the other object ball -- Dat aint gonna be so E Z. So youre suggestion is half-right but still wrong.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Yeah, sure. That would really be easy to execute to get enough speed to go two long rails and freeze the cue ball even tho you are only 1 inch away from the object ball. :sorry Jake Shaefer Sr would take a pass on this one.

Maybe when we get to DCC we can put this shot up in front of some champions and let them decide what to shoot

Incidentally, I shoot the two in the corner as good as Moses on the Mount.

Beard

Now to be fair, the 2 in the corner, if the angle is aiming at the right side of the corner pocket is a big shot, much bigger than many would think. Luat learned this shot from me and he seldom misses it. But if you think you are going to control the cue ball and stop it dead on the other object ball -- Dat aint gonna be so E Z. So youre suggestion is half-right but still wrong.

IT'S ALL ABOUT TECHNIQUE

The secret to this shot is how you hit the cue ball. Hitting the cue ball with a quick flick of the wrist.....applying extreme right english....center axis.

Using this technique allows you to shoot the shot with less chance of fouling the cue ball, and will give you the action that's needed with the cue ball...stopping it dead.

Maybe I hit this shot better than most...Maybe.:confused: When I first saw this shot I went to my table and lined it up. I positioned the cue ball, and the 6 and 8ball in the positioned referenced. I lined it up to where the 8ball was a two rail bank possibility and shot it like I described. The cue ball froze on the 6ball and I made the two rail bank...bingo.:D I went back to the TV to watch some more football and was thinking about that shot...whether I got lucky or whether it was the right shot for me, and possibly others. I couldn't stand it any longer so I set it up again...bingo:lol I did exactly the same thing twice. I then just set up the cue ball and the 8ball..nothing else, and shot the shot about 10 times. I made it 5 out of 10 times and stuck the ball 9 out of 10 times. I guess I shoot this shot pretty good.:)

Conclusion: This is the right shot for me. :D

Happy New Year
Dr. Bill

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Shoot the 8 into the rail and keep him jacked up on the 6. He might shoot the 3 but very tough shot jacked up and couldn't keep it on the rail.

I like this too.There's only two shots.This one and Billy I's.

Billy I. That is a a good flick of the wrist shot your layin down:eek::) CFB

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
IT'S ALL ABOUT TECHNIQUE

The secret to this shot is how you hit the cue ball. Hitting the cue ball with a quick flick of the wrist.....applying extreme right english....center axis.

Using this technique allows you to shoot the shot with less chance of fouling the cue ball, and will give you the action that's needed with the cue ball...stopping it dead.

Maybe I hit this shot better than most...Maybe.:confused: When I first saw this shot I went to my table and lined it up. I positioned the cue ball, and the 6 and 8ball in the positioned referenced. I lined it up to where the 8ball was a two rail bank possibility and shot it like I described. The cue ball froze on the 6ball and I made the two rail bank...bingo.:D I went back to the TV to watch some more football and was thinking about that shot...whether I got lucky or whether it was the right shot for me, and possibly others. I couldn't stand it any longer so I set it up again...bingo:lol I did exactly the same thing twice. I then just set up the cue ball and the 8ball..nothing else, and shot the shot about 10 times. I made it 5 out of 10 times and stuck the ball 9 out of 10 times. I guess I shoot this shot pretty good.:)

Conclusion: This is the right shot for me. :D

Happy New Year
Dr. Bill

I think I am going to give you another try at it at the Old School Pool Seminar at DCC.:eek:

Beard

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
I would bet

I would bet

john either shot the 6 cross corner or the eight from here... you could bring the 6 straight back... or bank it and stick whitey for a safe...

B

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Alex took a shot at the 5 ball. It's the shot I would've shot.

Maybe not if you are left handed, which is the way I viewed the shot being a Southpaw myself. I need to consider that when looking at these situations when it is actually a righty playing the shot. The shot certainly looked better from that point of view.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Maybe not if you are left handed, which is the way I viewed the shot being a Southpaw myself. I need to consider that when looking at these situations when it is actually a righty playing the shot. The shot certainly looked better from that point of view.

Rest assured that if the shot was on the other side of the table I would shoot it exactly like this (except I'd hit it better:)).

ap lefty.jpg

Cowboy "two arms and play with 'em both" Dennis

New 2 You Qs

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Rest assured that if the shot was on the other side of the table I would shoot it exactly like this (except I'd hit it better:)).

Huh... that's exactly the same shot. Now let's see him shoot that one right handed.

I would welcome my opponent to shoot that shot semi jacked up and off-handed anytime.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
All I want to know is what is my opponent going to do if I freeze him to the six ball? How is he going to not give me a better shot that a jacked up straight back that I cant control the cue ball with?

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
All I want to know is what is my opponent going to do if I freeze him to the six ball? How is he going to not give me a better shot that a jacked up straight back that I cant control the cue ball with?

Beard

Where is the 8 ball going? Easy to leave a cross-corner bank on it, that's why I didn't like it plus I liked the shot on the 5 ball, with either hand.

You have a 3-1 lead, I'd rather miss the 5 and leave a straight-back on the 8 or 6 than hit the 8 weak and leave an easy cross-corner and give the guy life. I realize if you miss the 5 you can also leave a cross-corner on it but from much farther away and you might make it:). All good things to me.

fb's shot.jpg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Where is the 8 ball going? Easy to leave a cross-corner bank on it, that's why I didn't like it plus I liked the shot on the 5 ball, with either hand.

You have a 3-1 lead, I'd rather miss the 5 and leave a straight-back on the 8 or 6 than hit the 8 weak and leave an easy cross-corner and give the guy life. I realize if you miss the 5 you can also leave a cross-corner on it but from much farther away and you might make it:). All good things to me.

View attachment 7554

You didnt show this view before. You might leave a cross corner. From this view I would probably shoot Incardona's shot the 2 in the corner it is laying near dead. So dead that I wouldnt care if I couldnt freeze the cue ball to the six.

Beard

backplaying

Verified Member

View attachment 7554

Shoot the 8 harder, or play it 2 rails like Bill said . As long as he's jacked up he's in trouble.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
You didnt show this view before. You might leave a cross corner. From this view I would probably shoot Incardona's shot the 2 in the corner it is laying near dead. So dead that I wouldnt care if I couldnt freeze the cue ball to the six.

Beard

Freddy, Freddy, Freddy,

That view has been in post #1 of this thread for four days now:p:sorry.

Dennis, Dennis, Dennis