C. Deuel vs. S.V.B. 2012 Tunica #2

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Ouch, I knew I should have hooked him on the edge of the 15 ball -- letting him see the 7 looks like a disaster. If the angle isn't right to bank the 7 across toward my side, then he can always pocket the 7 in the side instead.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-12-31_07-33-06.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-12-31_07-33-06.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 1

THood

From
Westford, MA
Some feedback, which I assume you are looking for...Of your options, banking the 1-ball or caroming off the 3-ball are the only ones that have much of a chance imo to help vs hurt from here.

Kick the 10: No way would I kick at the 10 unless it was hanging in the pocket -- in which case I would. But from here, way too many bad things could happen and there isn't much to gain even if you hit it perfect.

Stunt the 12 or the 13, stick there: Both of these shots leave you stuck on "the wrong side of the balls" -- that is a big no-no in a situation like this because you are leaving the cue ball conveniently right where your opponent wants it. he can take a scratch an leave you there, or possibly skim or bump more balls to his side and leave you somewhere else bad. Also, neither of those caroms appear to send a ball in a good direction for you as I see it.

3-cushion off the 14: Its a pretty small window between the 11 and 15, which is where you would intend to end up I presume, and the 14 isn't going to go somewhere to help you, so not much to gain either. And, you can get between the 11 & 15 by simply caroming off the 3 directly...

Bank the 7: you would be jacked up over balls to greatly add to an already difficult bank, and I don't see any decent tracks for the cue ball to go -- just trouble... Way too tough and too many ways to egregiously sell out.

Yes it was, thank you :)

I know how much I don't know about this game, so thank you for taking the time to help me.

Tom