CatFishBreath vs. E. Reyes

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well, the co-commentators have called him Brownback, Brownbeck, Brumbrick, Bromburg, and who knows how many other variations, but I think CatFishBreath is easier and more descriptive:p. Anyway, CFB has a 2-0 lead against Effie and it's his shot. What would you do?

jb0.jpg

jb1.jpg

jb2.jpg

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'd shoot this or try.:)
Rod.
P.S. It's the shot that's easiest for me to reach, and play safer.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Hey it's about damn time!! I've been a watin and a watin.:eek::p

This is one of the few shots that I remember what i did. I'll just say that no one has picked the shot I shot....yet:eek::p:) CFB

PS: thanks for finally getting around to putting one up.I heard that it was easy to do though:eek: JK haha. :sorry I know it's alot of trouble and thanks again for all you do around here.Without you it would be very dead:)

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
With a 2 zip lead I would either play the 9 cross corner and stop the q ball or use the bridge and play the 3 ball straight back. If I was behind 2 zip I would play the 9 ball cross side and run into the 2 balls by the spot and open up the action.
Beard

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
It looks like the angle might be a little thin, but I am guessing that John made the 9-ball cross-side with a low-left cueball, drawing off the 6-ball. This is a hanger because the cueball is so close to the 9. And I'm sure that John made it.

Attachments

• jb2.jpg
    jb2.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
The 9 is layin for the cross corner alot better than cross side.But having the lead I decided to shoot more of a free shot.That guy can make a few banks every now and then:eek::lol CFB

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My first thought would be to straight back the 2-ball -- it looks like your cue just fits in between the balls and also looks like you could kill the cue ball right there at about pocket speed.

A lefty could do the same thing with the 7-ball, but since I'm not lefty the only other shot I see those bankers shoot when they are thinking "free" is the two-railer on the 8-ball like so:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-12-16_10-17-07.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-12-16_10-17-07.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Well Ole CatFishBreath got up there and spanked that 3 ball straight-back, left-handed, as if his still was riding on it:). Yeah right, the next bank he makes left-handed will be the 1st:p.

jb1.jpg

After teasing us for a minute he got the bridge and shot the 3 ball straight-back:sorry.

jb3.jpg
jb2.jpg

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
straight back

straight back

Since i am right handed, but play left handed i would reach over and play the three ball straight back with a lot of confidence.