duel/frost

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
havent had much time to watch dvds:mad:
seems when i do i come back to shots ive already posted
this is no omg but at least it has a few options until i can find something better
scott broke and scratched
its coreys shot
cc1.jpg

cc4.jpg

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Cross the 1 ball and take whitey into the 3 and 10 ball with the cue ball, might make it and a few more balls from there. Looks like a Corey shot to me. :D

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
2 rail...

2 rail...

...the 1 into the stack hard and leave the CB on/close to the long rail.Rather similiar to the above posts,and Johns shot is better as it hides the CB better,I just like those hard shots into the stack.....

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
15 into the 1 and kill the cue ball on the rail below the side. Should move balls by my hole.
I like the 15ball off the 1ball as well. I like the 15ball off the .."outside" of the 1ball, providing you're comfortable with the hit. Seems like an easier hit off the inside of the 1ball, however, the "outside hit" would generate better action for the shooter. If you have doubts about your ability to strike this shot well, then play off the inside of the 1ball.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
...the 1 into the stack hard and leave the CB on/close to the long rail.Rather similiar to the above posts,and Johns shot is better as it hides the CB better,I just like those hard shots into the stack.....
dont know if you wanted to go long rail /short rail into the stack
or up and down like dannys shot
here was a nice shot danny di called from the booth
2 rail the 1 into the stack ancd keep the cue ball by he side rail
cc3.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
here is what cory did and how he left it for scott
cc5.jpg

cc6.jpg
scotts pocket is mislabled .its the other pocket
thakns gulfport doc for noticing that

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Not a great shot considering Scott might be able to make the 1 ball or atleast thin it towards his hole and get whitey cover. :cool:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I think that is a great shot myself, although if he hauls off and runs out like lenny is saying, maybe not so much. I am one of the few great appreciators of corey one hole.... or maybe not so few.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
15 into the 1 and kill the cue ball on the rail below the side. Should move balls by my hole.

this was the shot i liked
i would have hit the 15 to the inside(rail side) of the 1
easy to execute
should be productive

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
this was the shot i liked
i would have hit the 15 to the inside(rail side) of the 1
easy to execute
should be productive

I have system for this shot. I try to make the 15 as a combo, straight in. Works every time.:heh

tylerdurden

Verified Member
How did that response to the break turn out with respect to the entire game? Did that shot serve him well?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Larry, did you change the guys' pocket labels in mid-match? I think Scott's pocket is on the 1-ball side.

Anyway, the 1 is a daunting cut, even for Frost, although those TV tables usually are so dry that there is a lot of slide on them, which in effect widens the pockets. So Scott most likely did shoot the 1. Otherwise it looks like he could force follow the CB through the 10 to rest the CB behind the 4 ball, while creating some openings on his side.

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Larry, did you change the guys' pocket labels in mid-match? I think Scott's pocket is on the 1-ball side.

Anyway, the 1 is a daunting cut, even for Frost, although those TV tables usually are so dry that there is a lot of slide on them, which in effect widens the pockets. So Scott most likely did shoot the 1. Otherwise it looks like he could force follow the CB through the 10 to rest the CB behind the 4 ball, while creating some openings on his side.

Doc

good eye doc
i corrected it in the post
thanks

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
On the contrary, it looked kinda weak.

Cory didn't move balls to where they should be respected. And also the ball position for Scott is much better now then it was before Cory shot his shot. The shot was actually...counter productive.:sorry

Dr. Bill

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
In defense of Corey, I think he was trying to hit the 1 ball with the 3 and clear it out of there. I don't like the shot he picked but it could have come out much better.

Your and John's option is a more predictable outcome with a better end result but Corey didn't have to leave the 1 ball where it did. I believe this was a mistake in execution.

Dud

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i also think coreys shot was weak
danny di's shot i thought had merit
and as a concept banking into the stack or off a ball instead of at the pocket often does alot of good in my experience
anyway yes scott made the one left himself as shown and left corey as shown
ss1.jpg

ss2.jpg

ss3.jpg

Last edited: