Mr. Wincardona...The Ghost is very anxious to say to you...

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
at stake in a handicapped match?

When both players are in their 60's - and the handicap is minimal - and the player giving the handicap is a former world champion/40+ yr's top-speed professional player - while the player receiving the handicap has just been a working joe, part-time-local room-pool player all his life...

...and especially if the two players in question have been jousting/posting about who's shot choices/ moves are the better choice for the past coupla years...

...then yeah, bragging rights are in play...:heh

PS, But seein' as how we broke even, it's a moot point anyways...:heh

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
Well Ghoast, you have been given quite a good review by a recognized world class player. Now Beard can never say that you're just a has been second rate shortstop, again. Well done.:frus;)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Please, please !.... El Beardo was probably asleep before the 2nd game...MOST of us were interested in the INJURY REPORT..:eek:
..Is Dr. Bill OK ??? Were any of the bystander's injured...??? Did the owners have EMT's on site..???..Did the spectators
have to sign waivers ???..:confused:

Oh well, maybe Fred will fill us in on the important stuff !..(Sure hope everyones OK) ;)

Bored Duck <--Assumes the side wagering was [sic] 'Off the Charts'..We all know, Dr Bill won't bet enough $ to satisfy the Gh:eek:astess..:rolleyes:

PS..Late Edit: Dr. Bill...I am surprised you had to give up THAT much weight, to get him down..:eek:

That's funny that you're interested in the injury report, believe it or not there was a time when the Ghost was moving to the table that he narrowly missed hitting me with his cue. lol As he passed and almost hit me he said...please don't mention this to Dick... which I didn't agree to that I wouldn't.:lol Just thought you'd like to know.:D

Dr. Bill

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Note;..Strictly for VAPRO'S eyes only !!!
Are bragging rights at stake, in a handicap match ???

When both players are in their 60's (<--I must point out here V-man,... that was a VERY [sic] 'Beard-like' remark...Ghoastess is 'barely' 60, and Dr. Bill is almost 70..We remember what a HUGE gap that was, don't we.?..:eek:---and the handicap is 'minimal'???--(blah,blah,blah,barf) and the player giving the handicap is a former world champion/40+ yr's top-speed professional player (blah blah,whine,snivel,poor me,etc.) - while the player receiving the handicap has just been a working slob, (blah,blah,barf) part-time-local room-'B' pool player all his life..(blah blah,whine,snivel,poor me,etc.etc.)

...and especially if the two players in question have been jousting/posting (blah,blah) about who's shot choices/ moves are the better choice for the past coupla years..(blah,barf,blah,blah,barf)

...then yeah, bragging rights are in play.(blah,blah,blah) But seein' as how we broke even, it's a moot point anyways.(blah,blah,barf,barf-etc,etc)

V-man, ya shoulda known better, than to ask that question..You shoulda known, the Ghoastess would launch into a really loooooong..ultra-defensive tirade, (aka,excuse) as to why he, the World's Greatest [sic] Mover,...could NOT take it off, against a worn out OLD TIMER, well past his prime ? :confused: :cool:

PS..Personally, I think the Dr. just 'HIGH ROLLED' him out of his 'comfort zone'..and then, he just plain dogged his brains out.....:sorry
(but, thats a moot point) :lol :lol :lol

My new girlfriend's puppy, doing her Gh:eek:astess impression
She will be ready to play him 1P, in a few mos. Cute,huh?..:p
View attachment 6831

My new girl new girlfriend...Jen was getting a little too old for
me..Trouble keeping up ya know..I still love her though..:D
View attachment 6832

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well Ghoast, you have been given quite a good review by a recognized world class player. Well done. Thanks.

Now Beard can never say that you're just a has been again..:frus;) No, he never could - cuz I'm not a 'has been'....I'm a 'never was'...:)

- Ghost

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
...Ghoast is 'barely' 60, and Dr. Bill is almost 70...We remember what a HUGE gap that was, don't we.?..

Just a quick correction, of just one of the countless fabrications that you regularly use in your posts to invent imaginary scenarios...

Reality is, I'll be 65 in a few months...

The actual "huge gap", is the empty space between your ears...:) <------ fake smiley

- Super Ghost

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Just a quick correction, of just one of the countless fabrications that you regularly use in your posts to invent imaginary scenarios...

I'll be 65 in a few months...

The actual "huge gap", is the empty space between your ears...:) <------ fake smiley

- Super Ghost

Duckbrain,

You told me the Ghost was at least 59 yrs. old. What the heck???:confused:

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Duckbrain,

You told me the Ghost was at least 59 yrs. old. What the heck???:confused:

Dennis

Dear SFIRBLD,

There is no way to tell for sure,...In his statistics, he (like most women) only lists his birth date, and not the birth year...I'm sure it would be harder to get 'full disclosure' on him, than it would Obama..:eek:

I admit, he could easily pass, for mid to late 80's, I just dont think he's much past 60..(12 mentally)...:lol :lol :lol

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
For posterity..:)...First a correction, and then a clarification, is in order...

Now to the one pocket match with the Ghost.:D I met the Ghost at Red Shoes and we played $30 a game, one game 8/7 the next game 10/8 alternating breaks. Ghost broke the first game and we made several moves and I was given an opportunity off of a Ghost missed ball, <------- I remember this first game all too well..:(...because after I had worked hard to get to where I was a big favorite to win it, a tough, unlikely roll turned this game around for you - (and while you were running balls, Stevie acknowledged to me, shaking his head, the tough roll that I got)...what happened was...I didn't miss a ball at that point...like you said, after the break we traded safety's for about 8 innings, then I won the safety battle, got/made the first shot and ran 4 available balls...I had no more balls to make but I had an excellent offensive shot to shoot next, which was to bank a ball that was on your long rail into the stack and send balls towards my pocket - I banked that ball into the stack, leaving the cueball on your long rail - but when the banked ball hit the stack, it carom-clipped super-thin off a ball in the stack, then went into my long rail and back over to your long rail, leaving you a straight in short shot - you then proceeded to run the 8 balls. which I took advantage of and ran 8 balls and should of ran out but missed a simple shot, but still won the game.

Ghost won the second game playing solid shots and making me work through the entire game (I was impressed) Game three also went to the Ghost as he continued to play solid shots and his execution with his moves were exceptional. I won game four to get back to even. I believe we played either 6 or 8 games <------- We played 8 games, and the main reason, unfortunately, that I remember, is because you made the corner ball on two of your four breaks..:eek:..:(...and ran several balls afterwards each time - so actually, it was me doing the spotting - spotting you a few balls, at the start of each of those two games....:heh really not sure how many because I was getting tired and wasn't really counting the games, but the Ghost played very well with his execution of his advanced moving skills

On a more serious note, my back is starting to really hurt me after I play 3 or more hours of pool, going to make an appointment with my doctor to have him look at it, probably not going to play any more pool for some time:frus Hopefully all that is needed is a little rest. Good news for the Ghost.:lol

Dr. Bill

- Ghost

PS, And by the way, let me say thanks for the props re. my play, to both you and 'the bearded one' (that's what George Fels calls Freddy :)).

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
For posterity..:)...First a correction, and then a clarification, is in order...

- Ghost

That was really exciting...But it was waaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy more information than we needed....ZZZZZZZZ :rolleyes:
(plus, no age clarification...Sup wi' dat ?) :confused:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Ghost, all I can say is I'm sure glad that I managed to 'duck' you at the DCC for the last 12 years...your moving would have had my Yukon Jack besotted brain in a coma..:eek:...I'da been lucky if I coulda remembered which pocket was mine...:eek: souper duck

That, my fine-feathered-friend, is for sure the smartest post you've ever made on here.

- Gh:cool:st

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

- Ghost

PS, And by the way, let me say thanks for the props re. my play, to both you and 'the bearded one' (that's what George Fels calls Freddy :)).
Let me start by saying that you played very good when we played, and just about every one of your moves (in terms of moving balls)went well for you , pocketing balls...good kisses resulting in hanging balls... plus every one of your kicks and speed shots were perfectly hit. Not that you're not entitled to get good results when you choose the correct shot but to get the results you got imo was very fortunate. I also only made the corner ball once, not twice, perfectly sure on that. You played an excellent match, in terms of reaching your potential and I feel that I could of easily won 4 games if a roll here and there were eliminated.

I gave a fair evaluation of the match imo and you're trying to say that I was fortunate not to have lost, not in those exact words but that's my conclusion. I on the other hand think that I would beat you playing the way we played if we played regularly, but I guess people see things differently. But the bottom line is when we played you couldn't of played any better and we broke even, :sorry good playing is all I can say.

Unfortunately for me my back is in a great deal of pain and I may need more surgery, I cannot play pool because of the nerve pain i'm having and it doesn't look like I will be playing any time soon. Going to Texas Back Institute to have an MRI, praying for a good answer but I doubt it.

Dr. Bill

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
imo you're trying to say that I was fortunate not to have lost, not in those exact words but that's my conclusion. <------ Yes, you're right - I do feel that if not for your making of the balls on your breaks, along with the one very bad 'death-roll' that I got in the first game, I would have for sure came out winner when we played..:)

I on the other hand think that I would beat you playing the way we played if we played regularly, but I guess people see things differently. <------ And there's nothing wrong with both of us thinking we are supposed to win with that game - if we didn't have that attitude, and be as competitive as we are, we wouldn't have the confidence and the fortitude that it takes to be a winner.

unfortunately for me my back is in a great deal of pain and I may need more surgery, I cannot play pool because of the nerve pain i'm having and it doesn't look like I will be playing any time soon. Going to Texas Back Institute to have an MRI, praying for a good answer but I doubt it.

Dr. Bill

Billy, I'm sorry to hear about your reacurring back issues, and I sincerely wish you all the best....and I know how you feel - last month I had a bad health recurrence myself and I couldn't play for four weeks - it was touch and go whether I would have to go back to the hospital for another operation - for now it's improved on it's own, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

- Ghost

PS, And :sorry but you're memory is malfunctioning - it was twice that you made the corner ball out of your four breaks...trust me, I know for sure because I was unhappily pondering your making it at a 50% clip...and also I talked to first Ike, and then John about it after the match.

Last edited:

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Always happy to hear

Always happy to hear

that one of our posters has reached his potential. It's what we all strive for. :heh

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Don't mention

Don't mention

John Holmes to me. He beat me out for the gold medal at the 1948 Special Olympics in Waycross, Georgia. He had all the equipment, and all I had going for me was a cute way of getting on and off. :D

Okay, old folks, who was Tarzan before Johnny Weismuller? No Googling.