luat /dickson

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
luat up 4 balls to zero
luats shot
this is for willynilly who wants a what would you do puzzle...:)
so what would you do anyone
ill find some better challenges in the near future
ll1.jpg

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I think androd

I think androd

is on a diet. You can send me the cookie, as I like his shot. Androd will be a player when he gets some experience under his belt. :D

tylerdurden

Verified Member
I'd mash'em a little with inside spin and try to get lucky. :)
Rod.

Yeah, that is probably what i'd do here. I'd make a point not to use any left on that shot though.

HE may be able to cut the 9 on the other side as well, bank it 2 rails toward his hole, and go one rail to the same area with the white. In these diagrams, it is always hard to tell how far the balls are from the rails the... if the 9 is too close, cant do this option of course.

WillieNilly

Verified Member
From
N.E Pennsylvania
I'd mash'em a little with inside spin and try to get lucky. :)
Rod.

Thats what i would do 100%, slightly low and inside maybe not so "mashy" :p but firm and and play a controled shot, if somthing goes, ok...if not, ...i figure to come out alright anyway.

altho i wouldnt try to get Qbert to come back out, so my CaNUNDRUM for this shot would be..........would it be better to try to trap the q on those balls near the end rail and move 1 obj ball over or more aggressivly go off the 4 of them and roll back up.
To me the later is a bit risky..

PS: T Y III , WN, keep em coming

Last edited:

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
luat up 4 balls to zero
luats shot
this is for willynilly who wants a what would you do puzzle...:)
so what would you do anyone
ill find some better challenges in the near future
View attachment 6783

With a 4 to 0 lead I wouldnt be hitting that shot hard. No reason to turning the balls loose. Instead I would play off the left side ofthe nine, but i would hit it with the speed that would leave the cueball tied up on the 5 and 3 ball. If possible I would like to move the 9 ball up by the 14 ball maybe tying them up. With the 9 out of the way and the cue ball tied up my position would be even stronger without any or at least much less risk. Keith

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Another option might be to shoot the 3-6 combination, possibly making the 6. The shooter has to make sure he would hit the 9-ball flush with the CB coming off the foot rail. The CB should stay there, and send the 9 up table toward the 14.

Doc

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Another option might be to shoot the 3-6 combination, possibly making the 6. The shooter has to make sure he would hit the 9-ball flush with the CB coming off the foot rail. The CB should stay there, and send the 9 up table toward the 14.

Doc

Is that the shot you would shoot Doc?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA

Doc

I like that shot Doc, but if you shoot it hard enough to get the ball to the pocket, you might spin around the nine and leave a chance to get back in the game. I like Rod's shot with a four ball lead.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl

Doc

doc gets the cookie
thats what luat did
came real close to making the 6
p.s. as john H. said "with a 4 ball lead i like rods shot"
ll2.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like that shot Doc, but if you shoot it hard enough to get the ball to the pocket, you might spin around the nine and leave a chance to get back in the game. I like Rod's shot with a four ball lead.

How is it that Rod has the lead and Doc is behind?:confused: Is Doc spotting his opponent like 10 to 4?

Dr. Bill

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
How is it that Rod has the lead and Doc is behind?:confused: Is Doc spotting his opponent like 10 to 4?

Dr. Bill

I think this is a perfect example of playing the score. If I was behind four/zip, I would shoot Doc's shot hard enough to get the ball to the hole and try and hit the nine with the cue ball off the rail.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Looking at the table,

Looking at the table,

it seems to me that this is where Dickson shoots of the two 'Dixie Whistlers' he makes in this match. Izzat correct? :rolleyes:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
With a 4 to 0 lead I wouldnt be hitting that shot hard. No reason to turning the balls loose. Instead I would play off the left side of the nine, but i would hit it with the speed that would leave the cueball tied up on the 5 and 3 ball. If possible I would like to move the 9 ball up by the 14 ball maybe tying them up. With the 9 out of the way and the cue ball tied up my position would be even stronger without any or at least much less risk. Keith

Several of the shots picked in this scenario were all very good shots.....but Keith I just wanted to say to you, that your analysis and reasons for choosing the option that you chose, were well thought out, well said, and on the mark.

- Ghost

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Several of the shots picked in this scenario were all very good shots.....but Keith I just wanted to say to you, that your analysis and reasons for choosing the option that you chose, were well thought out, well said, and on the mark.

Agreed. I won the cookie for guessing what Luat did, but the shot was probably not the best choice. Being ahead 4-0, the preferable shot was likely Keith's.

Most of the Filipino's in specific, and young turks in general, play the game more aggressively. They oftentimes get away with it, simply because of very accurate shot execution. In this case the results were equivocal.

Rod's shot is good too, but it takes even more luck than my mention.;) If the cueball were a little closer, 2-railing the 9 ball up and back, and snuggling whitey up against the cluster on the foot rail would be nice too. But it's not a good option in this layout.

So as Hendy said, the 4-0 lead is a big consideration here.

Doc