World 14.1

dmgwalsh

Verified Member
All around player

All around player

John Schmidt has finally taken his practice game of 14.1 to the tournament tables and taken a World Title, beating two time champion Thorsten Hohmann in the semi-finals and Efren Reyes in the finals.

US Open Champion, Derby City One Pocket Champion, and now World Straight Pool Champion. Congratulations to John.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John Schmidt has finally taken his practice game of 14.1 to the tournament tables and taken a World Title, beating two time champion Thorsten Hohmann in the semi-finals and Efren Reyes in the finals.

US Open Champion, Derby City One Pocket Champion, and now World Straight Pool Champion. Congratulations to John.

For all those that think Reyes does not still have it, this is pretty impressive.

Congratulations to John, a West Coasty again, and one of the best all around players in the game.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Don, many thanks for posting the brackets! I wonder what the payouts were? The "prize fund" is listed as $52,000, but I don't know if they plan to publish the top 16 payouts or not.

Schmidt doesn't post here, so there's no sense in offering congratulations. But "Mr. 400" certainly deserves praise. It's nice to see an American win an American held tournament!

Will this revive interest in straight pool? Probably not, outside of the Northeast. Most poolrooms today don't even have a method to keep score for 14.1: no beads, no scorers in the rails, etc. I wish it would come back, however. I used to love the game, and didn't do too badly in tournaments...

Doc

thebaby

Verified Member
You Never know.......

You Never know.......

Doc ,The Game Of 14.1 is very strong on the east coast, i can tell you that. My company (Play The Game clothing) sold a ton of shirts with this design either embroidered or silk screened on it. The game is alive and well over there compared to any where else in our country. Just scan over the links below to see the clothing with our 14.1 logo on it.

Designed By A Player,Worn By Players!
www.playthegameclothing.com

Attachments

• JST72_Black_Flat_Back wind shirt.jpg
    JST72_Black_Flat_Back wind shirt.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
  • PC61_Black_Flat_Front_2009.jpg
    PC61_Black_Flat_Front_2009.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 0
  • .jpg
    .jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 0