S. Daulton vs. R. Martinez #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's Rafael's shot from his pocket jaws, what would you do?

P.S. Martinez is the greatest shotmaker since Efren (that I've seen). He makes amazing shots, both offensive & defensive and he makes them look easy. Sometimes they hurt him but most of the time they help him.

rm2.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
He can 2 rail the 15 ball and draw the cue ball off the side rail down by the 7 and 2 ball.

Bill S.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I'm gonna try and double him up. I might make it straight in or kiss it in.
Anyway he's in a weak spot uptable, and I don't see much of an option.
Rod.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 0

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I would kick off the middle of the head rail and try to make the 1 ball. Looks like a natural, and the best of several vanilla choices. I doubt that Martinez shot that. Don't keep us in suspenders too long.

Do whatever you can to deny Mr. D a place to start a landslide.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
If he can get by the deuce, he can 3-rail kick at the 1 ball. But it might be simpler to just draw off the 6 ball, and either carom the 1 ball out of there, or to draw to the short rail near the 1 ball. I think that the 1 ball should be knocked outta there as soon as possible. There are actually quite a few shots available, and with Martinez shooting, you never know what he'll pull out of his hat.

Doc

BUD GREEN

Verified Member
Since its Rafael, I wouldn't be surprised if he found a way to bank the 5-14 combo and spin underneath the 7. You have to be crazy to shoot it, but RM shoots some of the craziest shots in pool.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
I like Bill Stroud's shot. Two rail the 15 ball and draw down to the bottom rail. Keith

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Of all the shots mentioned I like Rodney's shot best. The balls aren't really laying great for Daulton to begin with, with Rod's shot you at least will leave distance and even if Daulton pockets the 1 ball he doesn't have to get on the next ball. If you happen to double up Daulton he'll have problems even scoring the 1 ball.

There's another option I would consider but it has to be laying good, which it looks like it may be. I would roll softly off the left side of the 3 ball and position the cue ball on top of the 5 ball (close to the 14 ball) From there your out of the trap and back in the game.

Dr. Bill

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Of all the shots mentioned I like Rodney's shot best. The balls aren't really laying great for Daulton to begin with, with Rod's shot you at least will leave distance and even if Daulton pockets the 1 ball he doesn't have to get on the next ball. If you happen to double up Daulton he'll have problems even scoring the 1 ball.

There's another option I would consider but it has to be laying good, which it looks like it may be. I would roll softly off the left side of the 3 ball and position the cue ball on top of the 5 ball (close to the 14 ball) From there your out of the trap and back in the game.

Dr. Bill

The 3 slider to the 14 works....your tangent line has only aim and speed involved in its simplicity, nice sHot, I'd even more like seeing the return shot after that ''layup'' lag too the fourteen ball.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

There's another option I would consider but it has to be laying good, which it looks like it may be. I would roll softly off the left side of the 3 ball and position the cue ball on top of the 5 ball (close to the 14 ball) From there your out of the trap and back in the game.Dr. Bill
Billy, on your other option, how would that get RM out of the trap? The opponent is just going to bat the 3 ball away, and leave you right back behind the 5 or 14. Then RM would be in worse shape than he is now.

Doc

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Billy, on your other option, how would that get RM out of the trap? The opponent is just going to bat the 3 ball away, and leave you right back behind the 5 or 14. Then RM would be in worse shape than he is now.

Doc
When I say you're out of the trap I actually mean that it's a much easier situation to negotiate from. The position he's in now is as bad as it could possibly be, almost. From the ending position with my second option you can always take an intentional and possibly drop under the 7 ball, the ball near the bottom cushion. There's also the possibility of positioning the 3 ball further up the rail off of my option and floating onto the 5 and 14 balls. But the position he's in now is really a difficult position to deal from, which is evidenced by his options.

Jimmy B's option of caroming off the 6 ball and then dropping under the 7 ball is a very difficult shot because of the angle going into the 6 ball. Looks like he'll have to draw the cue ball off the 6 ball to get back, extremely difficult shot that requires a perfect touch. I'd rather shoot off the 6 ball and draw into the 1 ball and take my chances with that shot, as opposed to playing it the other way.

I like Rod's shot for the reasons I mentioned, and if my second option was laying right I would also consider that one.
Another option I would consider is pocketing the 2 ball in his pocket and drop under the 7 ball, if I felt I could do that it definitely would be a consideration.

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

treeMan

Verified Member
I'm gonna try and double him up. I might make it straight in or kiss it in.
Anyway he's in a weak spot uptable, and I don't see much of an option.
Rod.

thumbs up to this shot. I like Jimmy's shot too, but as Billy says it's difficult.

The balls are laying good for Raphael, I wouldn't take a passive shot here, I'd fight to protect the advantage, even at the risk of selling out the one ball, which is just one ball :D.

tree