I think I'm back now :)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
well, I think I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things again. The last several months have been a bit of a mess for me. I quit my job, got a divorce and moved to Vegas to work for CSI back in Jan. Then my Mom took a turn for the worse and I made a difficult decision (well, I guess it wasn't that difficult, as I was the only sibling that was in position to help my Mom out) to abandon the CSI position and move back home to help my Mom enjoy every day she could at home, before being carted off to the "home" /"hell".

So here I am, out in the sticks, trying to figure out how to make some money to live on. I guess I"m going to try and start a PC repair business (meaning create a flyer, drop it off at every business there is and hope like hell someone reads it) and see if I can get some income that way.

This town is only 4,000 people, so my pool life is going to go thru a drastic change. It looks like we have one bar in my town (hehe.. funny huh.. there used to be 3 of them) and I played a gamer there last night. Crappy ass table, beat up cueball that is heavy, lots of draw = stop:D. Other town 10 miles away has free pool on Wed, crappy table though. Other town 15 miles away has some 8 ft'ers with good cloth. I wish that place had free pool. At .75 cents a game, getting some good practice in for a unemployed person, means playing lots of banks so you can catch the ball and throw it back up on the table. I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't free pool, but if they could at least open up the table and let me pay by the hour, I could live with that. For people that don't require 25 mins to make a rack of balls, but more like 4 mins, that adds up to lot of money.

So it looks like onepocket is going to be completely out of the question, someone might play 9 ball once in a while, bank pool is out of the question, it's the damn 8 ball crap I guess. It's brutal. People take forever to shoot even the simple shots. They look at a game of pool like it's the Super Bowl. They cannot grasp the concept of me not playing to beat them, that I'm only playing to shoot whatever balls I have when it's my turn. I get 0 satisfaction out of beating 99% of the people in a bar. I just don't want to put in .75 cents, that's the only reason I'm trying to win. So I have to adjust to bar pool again. It's been 10 years or so since I've played bar pool. I would rather play by myself, the to play anyone, but people can't understand this. When it's free pool, I want to play by myself so I can get some good practice in. At the place that has free pool, they have 2 tables. 1 up front where everyone is at, and one in the back were hardly no one is. There were some people playing up front and I went to the back table and started practicing. Didn't take long before people started asking me why I wasn't playing up at the main table, I told them I was just trying to get some good practice in. So they say "You want to play a game" :D

Anyways.. I'm going to try and start getting back into the swing of things here. I got several projects I want to do here, but need to get my PC Repair web site going first, so I can put a link to it on my flyer.

It is nice to be out in the country again and hear the birds and smell the air. Lots of projects to do out here, since my Mom is confined to the house and can't go anywhere, the place has really went downhill.

Greg

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Greg, sorry about your mom but its great to have you back. Funny I was going to pm you yesterday but got involved in something and forgot. Once you get your equipment up i hope you can post some of those matches i sent you, the better matches are yet to come. welcome back keith

well, I think I'm going to try and get back into the swing of things again. The last several months have been a bit of a mess for me. I quit my job, got a divorce and moved to Vegas to work for CSI back in Jan. Then my Mom took a turn for the worse and I made a difficult decision (well, I guess it wasn't that difficult, as I was the only sibling that was in position to help my Mom out) to abandon the CSI position and move back home to help my Mom enjoy every day she could at home, before being carted off to the "home" /"hell".

So here I am, out in the sticks, trying to figure out how to make some money to live on. I guess I"m going to try and start a PC repair business (meaning create a flyer, drop it off at every business there is and hope like hell someone reads it) and see if I can get some income that way.

This town is only 4,000 people, so my pool life is going to go thru a drastic change. It looks like we have one bar in my town (hehe.. funny huh.. there used to be 3 of them) and I played a gamer there last night. Crappy ass table, beat up cueball that is heavy, lots of draw = stop:D. Other town 10 miles away has free pool on Wed, crappy table though. Other town 15 miles away has some 8 ft'ers with good cloth. I wish that place had free pool. At .75 cents a game, getting some good practice in for a unemployed person, means playing lots of banks so you can catch the ball and throw it back up on the table. I wouldn't even mind if there wasn't free pool, but if they could at least open up the table and let me pay by the hour, I could live with that. For people that don't require 25 mins to make a rack of balls, but more like 4 mins, that adds up to lot of money.

So it looks like onepocket is going to be completely out of the question, someone might play 9 ball once in a while, bank pool is out of the question, it's the damn 8 ball crap I guess. It's brutal. People take forever to shoot even the simple shots. They look at a game of pool like it's the Super Bowl. They cannot grasp the concept of me not playing to beat them, that I'm only playing to shoot whatever balls I have when it's my turn. I get 0 satisfaction out of beating 99% of the people in a bar. I just don't want to put in .75 cents, that's the only reason I'm trying to win. So I have to adjust to bar pool again. It's been 10 years or so since I've played bar pool. I would rather play by myself, the to play anyone, but people can't understand this. When it's free pool, I want to play by myself so I can get some good practice in. At the place that has free pool, they have 2 tables. 1 up front where everyone is at, and one in the back were hardly no one is. There were some people playing up front and I went to the back table and started practicing. Didn't take long before people started asking me why I wasn't playing up at the main table, I told them I was just trying to get some good practice in. So they say "You want to play a game" :D

Anyways.. I'm going to try and start getting back into the swing of things here. I got several projects I want to do here, but need to get my PC Repair web site going first, so I can put a link to it on my flyer.

It is nice to be out in the country again and hear the birds and smell the air. Lots of projects to do out here, since my Mom is confined to the house and can't go anywhere, the place has really went downhill.

Greg

Welcome back, Cali !:cool:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
greg
keep on punching and climbimg the mountains put ahead of you
hopefully you will see the other side of the mountain soon

welcome back
:)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Really great to see you agoin,Greg. Sorry about your mom. You're doiing the right thing and I believe it will do you good in the long run. When you're on your trips passing out flyers, stop in and talk to as many business owners as possible. Ask them for business. Might work wonders.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Good to see you back and posting. Hope everything turns out well. The only things you have really missed around here are Dr. Bill propagating some false modesty and some regurgitated Artie arguments without Artie even being present :lol

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
There were some people playing up front and I went to the back table and started practicing. Didn't take long before people started asking me why I wasn't playing up at the main table, I told them I was just trying to get some good practice in. So they say "You want to play a game" :D

Greg

Greg,

Are you by any chance, related to Cowboy Denise ?..He likes to practice until his eyeballs bleed, and he developes 'Gonorhea' of the right elbow...He is trying desperately, to get his APA 2 rating, up to a 3.:rolleyes:..If he had a pool table at home, he would have already have lost his job, and killed hisself from exhaustion..(I'm thinking of buying him one)..:eek:

Seriously, good to see you back posting...When you get some spare time, I need another 2 hrs. of "team viewing"..(your rates are still $75 per hr., aren't they).. ;)

Steve Jobs McDuck

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Greg, sorry about your mom but its great to have you back. Funny I was going to pm you yesterday but got involved in something and forgot. Once you get your equipment up i hope you can post some of those matches i sent you, the better matches are yet to come. welcome back keith

I'm working on getting another match up Keith... I guess it will be our very own Freddy Da Beard against Richie R. Boy, that was a long match compared against the others.:)

Then I can work on getting the Semis and Finals up too. Before that though, I think I got one more.. Steve Cook vs Cliff J. Then the semis with the Dr. against Cliff, then the Dr. vs Cliff again in the finals.

Once I get some spare change I'll send those tapes off to Steve ( pretty sure that's what you said to do with them:))

Thanks again for letting me convert those!