Bugs vs. Daulton 1992 L.O.P.

senor

Verified Member
I would roll the cue ball to the point and jam it to the rail ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

I would kick one rail the long way and try to clip the 5 on the good side. Executed well, the 5 will hide the two ball cluster near my hole from the cue ball.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
I would roll the cue ball to the point and jam it to the rail ;) Sorry, couldn't resist.

I would kick one rail the long way and try to clip the 5 on the good side. Executed well, the 5 will hide the two ball cluster near my hole from the cue ball.

Good choice. Not much can go wrong even if you scratch. There's not much in the open to hurt you.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
this what i think bugs would shoot
the straight back is too inviting to play to make it or off the 2 balls near the hole
then come 2 rails to continue the run
i gave a few optional possibilities
rod and ace ill take the heat for this one :D

Attachments

• bb1.jpg
    bb1.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 0

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Clip the left side of the 12(?) that's up table and come down to use the 2 to block a shot at his hole or the balls next to mine.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I would shoot the 15 ball into the bottom of the 7 ball moving all three balls and position the cue ball near the 2 ball. Emphasis on this shot should be 75% cue ball and 25% 15 into the 7 ball.

Cue ball control is the key to the shot, even if you don't move all three balls away from his side you still may not give up a shot, and if you do it doesn't figure to be a good one. Plus you could possibly get some good action on your side of the table from the 5 ball.

Obviously you must be able to hit the 15 ball into the 7 ball for this shot to be an option, and if available it's imco the correct shot.
Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
I would shoot the 15 ball into the bottom of the 7 ball moving all three balls and position the cue ball near the 2 ball. Emphasis on this shot should be 75% cue ball and 25% 15 into the 7 ball.

Cue ball control is the key to the shot, even if you don't move all three balls away from his side you still may not give up a shot, and if you do it doesn't figure to be a good one. Plus you could possibly get some good action on your side of the table from the 5 ball.

Obviously you must be able to hit the 15 ball into the 7 ball for this shot to be an option, and if available it's imco the correct shot.
Billy I.

bill i put my flyer up because i thought it was something bugs would do but i would never do that
i wanted to find a shot where you could hit the 15 into the seven knock the 5 away with the 15 and follow to the side rail protecting bugs balls
but the angles didnt allow that:mad:
i guess if you stick the cue ball into the 2 its deep enough to not allow a shot on the five

TheClamp

this might be insane but you could shoot the 13 hard into the rail as it looks to be almost perfectly lined up to knock the 5 out. Its just a matter of freezing the white on the 14 (??)

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Maybe someone can tell for sure, but it looks like the 1-6 could be dead into the right pocket (if you remove the 7). That might change where you want to leave the cueball for now.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
if you were to shoot off the 8 or 10
2 rails to have the cue go into the top of the stack
maybe not in this layout but in a scenario where that would be an ok shot
which ball would you use??
would you rather bank the 10 back towards your hole or make the 8??
momentary hijack alert:sorry

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
whats up?

whats up?

Dennis, lets keep this game moving by furnishing us with the shot Bugs chose in this situation.:D Knowing Bugs as well as I do I would bet he chose my shot (if available) Bugs much like Ronnie liked moving balls when given a chance.

Billy I.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Dennis, lets keep this game moving by furnishing us with the shot Bugs chose in this situation.:D Knowing Bugs as well as I do I would bet he chose my shot (if available) Bugs much like Ronnie liked moving balls when given a chance.

Billy I.

Patience is a virgin. Some of us have to work. Not me of course.:D
Rod.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Patience is a virgin. Some of us have to work. Not me of course.:D
Rod.

you had one of the best jobs a man can have, when you were working.;)

Are you saying Dennis has been working for four straight days? He must be tired if he has, sorry Dennis.

Now that you've made people aware that you're not working, watch out for the Onepockethacker, he could be in your area soon.:D

Dr. Bill

onepockethacker

Verified Member
you had one of the best jobs a man can have, when you were working.;)

Are you saying Dennis has been working for four straight days? He must be tired if he has, sorry Dennis.

Now that you've made people aware that you're not working, watch out for the Onepockethacker, he could be in your area soon.:D

Dr. Bill

LOL LOL that was a good one Billy

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I....

I....

.....would shoot the 15 into the red ball thin and into the rail and back towards my pocket.A little draw to pull the CB behind the stack so he cant see his pocket...

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Billy I.

Nope. Must not have been available. I already messed up one shot scenario so I won't tell, but I will tell this. A 20 year old Dennis Hatch called the shot immediately and Bugs shot it perfectly. This was an awesome game of one pocket. Bugs got to where he needed one and Shannen needed 11 and it got down to one ball. After this game is when Bugs said to call the fire dept and spray this guy down..........

onepockethacker

Verified Member
Nope. Must not have been available. I already messed up one shot scenario so I won't tell, but I will tell this. A 20 year old Dennis Hatch called the shot immediately and Bugs shot it perfectly. This was an awesome game of one pocket. Bugs got to where he needed one and Shannen needed 11 and it got down to one ball. After this game is when Bugs said to call the fire dept and spray this guy down..........

As good as Bugs banked im expecting he banked the up table ball off the 2 balls by his hole with right english and came 2 rails with the cueball between basically the 4 ball by the side pocket and the 7 ball. If he puts the cueball there shannon cant make anything and if Bugs makes hes in real good shape