Update on Trumans Bank Tournament

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Congrats. on a good win John, i had other plans for quiet a while, and couldn't change them. or i would have shown up. I paid my dcc entry fee, and bought back in in case somebody gets lucky and beats me, lol. Jim

I like that confidence Jim -- see you there!

John, Congratulations yet again, Champ!!

TJOHIO

John you area machine not even human, just glad ive got to see you knock off the last two tournys. congrats bud your the best. p.s. after a couple lessons you better look out ill be comin for ya.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Who the hell knows anything about banks down there?

Beard

Who the hell knows anything about banks ANYWHERE ?...(except "Dueling Banjo's" country)...However, my new goal is to become a 'world champion' banker, and join you, John B., and Eddie Taylor, in the bank pool HOF...Should take at least a coupla weeks...:D

TJOHIO

lol theres never been anyone down here that knew how to play bank,just two guys that won back to back derby city bank tournys within an hour from me!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Let me clear this up for you...

Let me clear this up for you...

lol theres never been anyone down here that knew how to play bank,just two guys that won back to back derby city bank tournys within an hour from me!

...There is something called "shooting," and there is somethint called, "knowing."

Ya'all are lucky my protege Jet Johnson got bad sick just when he was hitting his banking stride.

Plus you better pray that my other homey who has been playing a lot with me lately, Chris Gentile dont approach me for serious lessons.

Beard

TJOHIO

well fred it wont affect me any cuz I cant beat any of them anyway. lol

John Brumback

Verified Member
Fred,let me ask you this simple question.Do you want to win or just play the right way? Me..I just want to win.I could care less If It's the right way or the wrong way.Winning Is winning,That's the bottom line.

What?? He (Chris) told me he's never ever played bankpool before:eek::lol
Dats what he told me.Onemore thing,If he's going to be a bank player you need to tell him that In bankpool It's call EVERY shot,not just the one's you feel like.Other than that,He Is a very cool dude.I have alot of respect for him,that's for sure.John B.

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Fred,let me ask you this simple question.Do you want to win or just play the right way? Me..I just want to win.I could care less If It's the right way or the wrong way.Winning Is winning,That's the bottom line.

Dats what he told me.Onemore thing,If he's going to be a bank player you need to tell him that In bankpool It's call EVERY shot,not just the one's you feel like.Other than that,He Is a very cool dude.I have alot of respect for him,that's for sure.John B.

John, I've never played banks and all I know about it is what I've learned on this site and the only rules I've read are those on this site. When you have time could you look at rule 7 here:

http://www.onepocket.org/BankPoolRules.htm

and let me know if this is correct in your opinion? You never know,(esp. since my banking has improved a lot from what I've learned here) I might someday actually play a game of banks and I want to play it right.

John Brumback

Verified Member
John, I've never played banks and all I know about it is what I've learned on this site and the only rules I've read are those on this site. When you have time could you look at rule 7 here:

and let me know if this is correct in your opinion? You never know,(esp. since my banking has improved a lot from what I've learned here) I might someday actually play a game of banks and I want to play it right.

That didn't take me long at all.Yes that Is wrong.In bank you have to call every shot not just the ones you feel like.What's obivous? That's a joke.That needs to be fixed. All you have to do Is point to or say which pocket you Intend to make said ball In.It's not really hard and It doesn't really take much time either.I guess It just comes from where and how I grew up playin with the best bankers In the world.Truman,Donny,Gary,and I even know that Buggs called his shots too. Here's how I do It Cary.I either touch the pocket with my hand or cue,every time on every shot.IMO nobody In the world Is so good that they don't have to call their every shot.Thanks for bringing that up too.John B.

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Us Chicago boys...

Us Chicago boys...

...play so good that we know every pocket our opponent is shooting at!:rolleyes:

I play it both ways. With certain people I dont call the obvious pocket and then there are those that insist you call every shot. It is no big deal. Personally I dont think you should have to call an obvious bank, just like it is in straight pool.

Beard

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
What has....

What has....

...playing the right way got to do with not winning? You say that as if it is something bad to play the right percentages. The problem I have with your shot selection suggestions is that the shots you say to shoot are ok for you, and you only. 95% of the guys on this forum aint gonna be able to handle them 9 footers like you.

I dont try to take away the fact that you are the best banker in the world right now. Dont try to take away the fact that I know the game better than any living human on this earth. :lol

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dont try to take away the fact that I know the game better than any living human on this earth. :lol

Beard

Oh yeah, well how would you hold up on the C-Ring of Saturn? That's what I thought:).

saturn 2.gif

Perhaps you think your knowledge would be the best on Ganymede? Unlikely. You wouldn't even be the best in the Great Red Spot:eek::D.

Jupiter_Gany_L_en.jpg

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
Fred, John, thanks to both of you. Sounds like something to discuss up front with each new opponent.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
In bank you have to call every shot not just the ones you feel like.John B.

Agreed. Being particular about the rules you play by and adhering to them always, prevents so many problems and arguments from arising that it's amazing that some people still don't do it all the time.

P.S. The ball also has to be called, not just the pocket.

Dennis

John Brumback

Verified Member
...playing the right way got to do with not winning? You say that as if it is something bad to play the right percentages. The problem I have with your shot selection suggestions is that the shots you say to shoot are ok for you, and you only. 95% of the guys on this forum aint gonna be able to handle them 9 footers like you.

I dont try to take away the fact that you are the best banker in the world right now. Dont try to take away the fact that I know the game better than any living human on this earth. :lol

Beard

Ok Mr.Beard.Fair enough.I'll think about that the next time he puts one up:sorry
I respect my elders:lol John B.