Another New Member

poolshootindon

Just wanted to introduce myself.
My name is Don Iverson. I live in Portland Oregon. I have been attemping to play pool for about 60 years.

I have become hooked on one pocket. Love the game. So much so that I have decided to go to this years US open in May, as a spectator and was wondering what to expect and would like some info as to how the whole event is run.

Plus any info on practice drills would be appreciated.

Thanks for having a wonderful site.

Don iverson

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
My name is Don Iverson. I live in Portland Oregon. I have been attemping to play pool for about 60 years.

I have become hooked on one pocket. Love the game. So much so that I have decided to go to this years US open in May, as a spectator and was wondering what to expect and would like some info as to how the whole event is run.

Don iverson
Welcome to OnePocket.org! You will have a great time at the US Open One Pocket -- it is a first class event. I believe it runs concurrently with the BCAPL big annual event (it did last year) so there are a bunch of vendors and a zillion bar sized tables down the hall in the same facility (it is a big place). The One pocket is held in its own area on 9' tables.

I will be there as will many other OnePocket.org regulars. You can read/see more in my write up from last year here: http://www.onepocket.org/USOpenOnePocket2011.htm

also a gallery of more of my photos from last year here:
http://www.poolinaction.com/2011Tournaments-1/2011-US-Open-One-Pocket/17033361_5Vjb8V

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Don iverson

You have a great built in pool name 'Portland Don'. That's the main thing. Get you a paperback book to go in your back pocket but don't drank too much and you're good to go. Just follow all the advice and instructions on here and don't worry about actually playing or practicing. You can get it all online and go get em at the Derby. You should have just enough time to get ready and take down the all around title. Good luck sir and welcome to hard times.

I Use To Be Somebody. Now I Am Somebody Else....................

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Don's a good guy, too. I got the chance to play him a little before Christmas put a brief stop to my weekend 1P trips to the pool hall. Glad to see you here. :)

Deeman

Verified Member
Don,

Welcome to our group, the only place for us one pocket addicts!

Glad to have you add to our discussions.

DeeMan

poolshootindon

One Pocke Drills

One Pocke Drills

Thanks to everyone who gave me a warm welcome.

Jimmy there was a player by the name of "Portland Don" and from what I hear about him I will stick with "poolshootindon". :)

My understanding is he was a fantastic player but like so many of us had a few demons.

My plans are to absorb as much knowledge about one pocket from this site so when I get to the U.S. Open in May i will have some insight as to how the players move and hopefully digest it.

Thanks again,
Don

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Thanks to everyone who gave me a warm welcome.

Jimmy there was a player by the name of "Portland Don" and from what I hear about him I will stick with "poolshootindon". :)

My understanding is he was a fantastic player but like so many of us had a few demons.

My plans are to absorb as much knowledge about one pocket from this site so when I get to the U.S. Open in May i will have some insight as to how the players move and hopefully digest it.

Thanks again,
Don

Welcome to the site Don.

I watched Portland Don play many times around 50 years ago in So. California. He made it look easy but I never saw him play one pocket.

senor

Verified Member
Hey poolshootindon, welcome to the site. A great drill or practice game for one pocket is to play caroms with 2 object balls and the cue ball. So much of the game of one pocket is trying to position the cue ball coming off of an object ball because you do not have a clear path to your intended position. Trying to hit 2 object balls with the cue ball in one stroke will definitely help with cue ball control and should get your creative juices flowing, which is a huge part of the game as well.

Good luck to you.