Efren Reyes vs. Nick Varner 1999 D.C.C. #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I like your shot providing the 3 ball doesn't pass the 4 ball. If the 4 ball blocks the pocket for the 3 ball I like banking the 6 ball towards the 2 ball leaving the cue ball "FROZEN" to the end rail. This shot could possibly create some problems for Varner, if not than after Varner clears the moved 6 ball then Reyes can take the intentional scratch by kicking.

We must strongly consider the shot selection of these two champions and learn from it. And being at the table to see the angles presented, at times are different than the angle that we depict.

Dr. Bill

Not knowing or remembering what anybody shot in this layout I will say that this is my first shot also. I will dig up the reply tomorrow and post it and then put this thread to f@@king sleep already:eek:.

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Dennis,
Please don't ... I actually appreciate this thread (im sure others do also) unlike 49 percent of threads here which usually transform into something other than thought provoking shot selection.

p.s.
correction 42 percent
the comments are so quickly turned into multiple commentaries on how great their onepocket minds are (surrounded by the "every post here is from a newbie still enrolled in One-Pocket 101 ...)

sideline issue some members here have already received their "Baccalaureate" a common thing owned by 6.2 % of the population ...

The PhD's and members with only their Master's degrees in OnePocket oftentimes assume that they are surrounded only by highschool dropouts.

What the forum needs is more constructive points of view ...

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis,
Please don't ... I actually appreciate this thread (im sure others do also) unlike 49 percent of threads here which usually transform into something other than thought provoking shot selection.

p.s.
correction 42 percent
the comments are so quickly turned into multiple commentaries on how great their onepocket minds are (surrounded by the "every post here is from a newbie still enrolled in One-Pocket 101 ...)

sideline issue some members here have already received their "Baccalaureate" a common thing owned by 6.2 % of the population ...

The PhD's and members with only their Master's degrees in OnePocket oftentimes assume that they are surrounded only by highschool dropouts.

TG,

You may be right but let me give you a suggestion: accumulate more than 83 posts here before negatively critiquing the masters of this fine game of ours. I am not one of those masters but I've gambled with a couple and they know of what they speak.

The masters with degrees in one pocket may assume that they are surrounded by HS dropouts but if you can't fade that then you can't or will never play the game up to par anyway. Maybe the masters know that and they are just saving your time.

For now I will refrain, at your request, from posting the next shot in the match. Any who want to see it can order it here http://www.1vshop.com/Accu-Stats/st...PNAME=Efren+Reyes+vs.+Nick+Varner+*(SF)+(DVD).

Dennis

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
gee dennis
i was looking foward to seeing the shot:heh:lol

I was fibbing anyway Larry, and now you've got Greg on your ass too:p. I think you will all be very disappointed in Effies shot selection here. He took an intentional into the 10 ball.

ER's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_25.Jpeg

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I was fibbing anyway Larry, and now you've got Greg on your ass too:p. I think you will all be very disappointed in Effies shot selection here. He took an intentional into the 10 ball.

View attachment 4275

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 4276

That shot choice by Caesar Morales was worthless/horrifying :cool: how can he possibly think he gained anything when all Nick has to do is come off the 5 and put Caesar right back where he was...:rolleyes:...or Nick could choose to bank the 3, or better yet, it looks like he can pocket the 8 off the 4 - he can do anything he wants to do.

- Ghost

Last edited:

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Dennis expletive you and anybody who interprets my comments as you state ... I have my Bachelor's in One-hole ... When did i ever critique anybody's opinion?

"F" you and whoever belongs to your clique, we know the site is full of clique's and often times a post starts off like this one and then it's flooded with posts that go off on tangents rather that people explaining their opinion on shot selection.
So if a new member joins all old members will assume that being new to the site translates to being new to the game ? Well that's not me (and i only have 80 posts so it shouldnt take long to read all 80 and seee that's not what im here for)

that's the right attitude to encourage a new memeber to contribute?

you stated :
"TG,

You may be right but let me give you a suggestion: accumulate more than 83 posts here before negatively critiquing the masters of this fine game of ours. I am not one of those masters but I've gambled with a couple and they know of what they speak."

the bullets of my post here were 3 ...

1 dont put the thread to sleep (I actually appreciate it)
2 half of the threads morph into something else (not this one)
3 some people here do have a bachelors degree understanding already dont boil them down to being newbie's to the game.
my bonus bullet point was

But if you BIG POST, BIG CHAMPION DENNIS have a problem with my comments. Kindly ask me to be removed from the site?
I will leave if you want me to because i offended you, if that's not the case then we can agree to not comment in each other's post's going forward
... whatever you want to do is fine with me CHAMP !

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Dennis expletive you and anybody who interprets my comments as you state ... I have my Bachelor's in One-hole ... When did i ever critique anybody's opinion?

"F" you and whoever belongs to your clique, we know the site is full of clique's and often times a post starts off like this one and then it's flooded with posts that go off on tangents rather that people explaining their opinion on shot selection.
So if a new member joins all old members will assume that being new to the site translates to being new to the game ? Well that's not me (and i only have 80 posts so it shouldnt take long to read all 80 and seee that's not what im here for)

that's the right attitude to encourage a new memeber to contribute?

you stated :
"TG,

You may be right but let me give you a suggestion: accumulate more than 83 posts here before negatively critiquing the masters of this fine game of ours. I am not one of those masters but I've gambled with a couple and they know of what they speak."

the bullets of my post here were 3 ...

1 dont put the thread to sleep (I actually appreciate it)
2 half of the threads morph into something else (not this one)
3 some people here do have a bachelors degree understanding already dont boil them down to being newbie's to the game.
my bonus bullet point was

But if you BIG POST, BIG CHAMPION DENNIS have a problem with my comments. Kindly ask me to be removed from the site?
I will leave if you want me to because i offended you, if that's not the case then we can agree to not comment in each other's post's going forward
... whatever you want to do is fine with me CHAMP !

Tony, I think you need to up your meds.

P.S. I don't care what you or anyone else on this planet does.

Dennis

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
what a reply ... you are a gentleman ... gentlemen know when they are wrong.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

View attachment 4275

Here's how he left it:

View attachment 4276

Or he can shoot the 5 ball into the 2 ball the 5 ball goes to his side the 2 ball goes up table and freeze the cue ball to the 10 ball.:eek:

I agree it was a terrible shot by Reyes.:confused:

Nurse Billy

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sure you can be in - and lose your money betting against me, just like you did the last time you bet against me in a prop bet...:cool:

- Mr. Ghroats

PS, And oh yeah, I just remembered ;) you still owe Freddy his $$$ from betting against me in that prop bet.

I don't owe Freddy ANY $$$ for the prop bet...You were so happy to get to swallow my $300 show-up money (when I could not attend that year) that you forgot the incident following my bet with Fred. We got into a minor spat, and HE was the one who called the bet off. I might add, it did nothing to improve our relationship at the time. However, he did not pounce on it, and call me a NO PAY, as you have done, more than once now..:(

Also John was a little lax in allowing you to zero in on the shot...I would have made you shoot it on a different table every time (no practicing either) just like a real game situation.
Just as an aside, Fred did harrass me (and you) about taking down the up money, not knowing that I'd already called you and told you, if you didn't want it, you could let Steve keep it, as a donation to 1P.org.

We all know how that turned out, as it was probably your biggest score (by about 10 times)...for the entire previous year in Chicago..:(

That was a direct shot at my character, and gambling ethic. And all the LOL's and 'smiley faces' you can stick on your post, will not soften that low blow.

I treat my gambling debts, just like any other debt, I pay them..ask ANYONE in Phx.!!!....That was totally uncalled for..:mad:

PS..You may have thought of it as an innocent joke..and I may not have gone off on you like this, but you put it on the open forum, for all the lurkers to see..Thank you very much.!

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
That was a direct shot at my character, and gambling ethic. And all the LOL's and 'smiley faces' you can stick on your post, will not soften that low blow.

I treat my gambling debts, just like any other debt, I pay them..ask ANYONE in Phx.!!!....That was totally uncalled for..:mad:

PS..You may have thought of it as an innocent joke..and I may not have gone off on you like this, but you put it on the open forum, for all the lurkers to see..Thank you very much.!

Honest to God, I can't believe I'm really reading this post from you - I must be asleep right now and just dreaming this...you really wrote this?...

Of course it was an innocent joke...yes, it was a good sharp jab, that I was able to give you courtesy of your mix-up with Freddy about your bet - but we've been giving each other sharp jabs for years on here - this one was no different...

Of course I wasn't seriously saying that you weren't an honest gambler and didn't pay your debts - That you could seriously think that for a minute, is unbelievable to me - I wouldn't say that in a million years - It was totally just me busting your balls, as usual - I respect you and your gambling ethics 1,000 %...

And everybody on here that read that post knows I was just joking - they've only seen us doing it to each other for years now here on the site :rolleyes: and if any of them didn't know I was joking (extremely unlikely) they know now.

- Ghosty

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
To the Ghost and SJD

To the Ghost and SJD

Let's just put this one back to sleep. That conversation has been hashed and rehashed. I seek tranquility now. The Wars are almost all over, Dick and I have truced, Moonbeam has left and gone back to his own galaxy, and I am putting the guy from Fagatopia on perennial Ignore.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Honest to God, I can't believe I'm really reading this post from you - I must be asleep right now and just dreaming this...you really wrote this?...

Of course it was an innocent joke...yes, it was a good sharp jab, that I was able to give you courtesy of your mix-up with Freddy about your bet - but we've been giving each other sharp jabs for years on here - this one was no different...

Of course I wasn't seriously saying that you weren't an honest gambler and didn't pay your debts - That you could seriously think that for a minute, is unbelievable to me - I wouldn't say that in a million years - It was totally just me busting your balls, as usual - I respect you and your gambling ethics 1,000 %...

And everybody on here that read that post knows I was just joking - they've only seen us doing it to each other for years now here on the site :rolleyes: and if any of them didn't know I was joking (extremely unlikely) they know now.

- Ghosty

If that is an apology, (however thinly veiled) I will accept it...But I must admit, I would have prefered a little 'groveling' first..:cool:

And Fred, what the hell are you doing up at this hour ? I have an honest excuse...My favorite bar just gave 'last call' and they forcibly ejected me, for demanding one more drink.. (but thats OK, my favorite bar maid drove me home)..:p

SuperDuck,<-Firmly believes that, "Behind every cloud,..there is a bunch more clouds" (Fave bar maid, is 1 mo. late on her period). :frus

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Let's just assume this is available (may be a tight squeeze), is this a good shot?

I would be hoping that 4 blocks paths so he couldnt get me back in this area where th cb is now.

Attachments

• CapturedPicture_17.jpg
    CapturedPicture_17.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
I don't owe Freddy ANY $$$ for the prop bet...You were so happy to get to swallow my $300 show-up money (when I could not attend that year) that you forgot the incident following my bet with Fred. We got into a minor spat, and HE was the one who called the bet off. I might add, it did nothing to improve our relationship at the time. However, he did not pounce on it, and call me a NO PAY, as you have done, more than once now..:(

Also John was a little lax in allowing you to zero in on the shot...I would have made you shoot it on a different table every time (no practicing either) just like a real game situation.
Just as an aside, Fred did harrass me (and you) about taking down the up money, not knowing that I'd already called you and told you, if you didn't want it, you could let Steve keep it, as a donation to 1P.org.

We all know how that turned out, as it was probably your biggest score (by about 10 times)...for the entire previous year in Chicago..:(

Ducky, I think your hatband may be a little tight:p:confused:.

RBL

ChrisBanks

Verified Member
From
Rochester, NY
Here is a riskier shot that could be available if it lays just right. Don't think I would shoot it, but if it's laying just right I might do it.

CapturedPicture_17.Jpeg