Bugs vs. Cornbread 1991 L.O.P. #3

ace

Verified Member
From
Longview, Tx
I would have to try to move the stripe away from his pocket and leave the cb there instead.

Attachments

• Bugs vs. Cornbread 1991 L.O.P. #3 - OnePocket.png
    Bugs vs. Cornbread 1991 L.O.P. #3 - OnePocket.png
    453.6 KB · Views: 0

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I see two shots that are possible, providing the angle is there. The first shot would be to strike the solid thinly and drop behind the stripe in front of Reds pocket. The second shot would be to kick two rails and move the stripe from Reds pocket. The cue ball should end up on Bug's side of the table near the side rail leaving Red very little to shoot at.

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
.. The second shot would be to kick two rails and move the stripe from Reds pocket. The cue ball should end up on Bug's side of the table near the side rail leaving Red very little to shoot at.

Billy I.

Thats the shot I like..You may leave Red a semi-free one railer, but he will have to guard against selling out something...or possibly scratching, if he plays the solid straight back to his hole..:cool:

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Not funny

Not funny

jrhendy said:
Looks like a Harold Worst table.

I like the two rail safety and need another ball. Possible to lose the game on the other shots.

My goal here is just to stay alive.

Now you're lookin' to instigate. You can tell it aint a Worst table because there are no beer cases under it being used as legs. Plus the paper mache cloth is usually a different color.

Beard

bstroud

Verified Member
I like taking an intentional and pushing the cue ball 2" toward the pocket.

If he doesn't push it back you have a good kick off the end rail.

If he does push it back I would take another foul until he gets tired.

Shooting anything else from this position is just a way to lose the game.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
????

????

bstroud said:
I like taking an intentional and pushing the cue ball 2" toward the pocket.

If he doesn't push it back you have a good kick off the end rail.

If he does push it back I would take another foul until he gets tired.

Shooting anything else from this position is just a way to lose the game.

Bill Stroud
Bill,

Do you think Red might shoot the 8 ball if Bugs pushed out nearer the corner? There will also be a ball on the spot.

Dennis

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

Do you think Red might shoot the 8 ball if Bugs pushed out nearer the corner? There will also be a ball on the spot.

Dennis
Without a doubt. Rolling out there is suicide ! :eek:
Rod.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
bernie p said:
View attachment 3895

It may be possible to cross the 8 ball (without a kiss on whitey) and slide down behind the stripe over Reds' pocket.

If Bugs can get cover on the 8 it may present a chance to turnaround an otherwise tough situation.

What do you think? Is the kiss "on" given how full you have to hit the 8?

Bernie.

It's a doable shot. the 1st one I looked at. Billy I also recommended it. :)
Rod.

bernie p

Verified Member
androd said:
It's a doable shot. the 1st one I looked at. Billy I also recommended it. :)
Rod.

Rod,

I thought Billy was talking about a thin hit on the 8 which would leave the 8 on Reds' side.

I'm talking about an almost full ball hit (approx 7/8) to put whitey in the same end location but leaving the 8 on Bugs' side. The potential kiss is the problem.

Thanks.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
bernie p said:
Rod,

I thought Billy was talking about a thin hit on the 8 which would leave the 8 on Reds' side.

I'm talking about an almost full ball hit (approx 7/8) to put whitey in the same end location but leaving the 8 on Bugs' side. The potential kiss is the problem.

Thanks.
Correct Bernie. Here's your shot.

zzz.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Correct Bernie. Here's your shot.

View attachment 3896
Dennis, the way you drew up the illustration you can't follow through the 8 ball and bank the 8 ball across table to the upper side of the side pocket. I'm not saying that the shot is not doable, but if it is the 8 ball will cross the table at the lower side of the side pocket. Also shooting off the rail will create accuracy problems with that type of a hit which will increase the chance of a kiss. That's why I suggested the thin hit on the 8 ball, no kiss with that type of a hit and since your in a difficult situation this is a type of a shot that's not that difficult to execute ( providing the angle is there ) and will buy you a little time.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
Dennis, the way you drew up the illustration you can't follow through the 8 ball and bank the 8 ball across table to the upper side of the side pocket. I'm not saying that the shot is not doable, but if it is the 8 ball will cross the table at the lower side of the side pocket. Also shooting off the rail will create accuracy problems with that type of a hit which will increase the chance of a kiss. That's why I suggested the thin hit on the 8 ball, no kiss with that type of a hit and since your in a difficult situation this is a type of a shot that's not that difficult to execute ( providing the angle is there ) and will buy you a little time.

Billy I.

I tried to set this shot up as closely as I could to the picture and played the full hit. I was able to follow the cue ball through the 8 ball and the kiss wasn't even close . But the type of hit that is needed to accomplish this result is close to the same type of hit that would send the object ball cross table to a diamond up from Bug's pocket. Almost like playing the ball to make it in your pocket. This type of a hit is a little high risk, in controlling both the cue ball and the object ball. Keep in mind that the starting position with the cue ball is just about frozen to the rail.:eek: Maybe we should look elsewhere.:)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I tried to set this shot up as closely as I could to the picture and played the full hit. I was able to follow the cue ball through the 8 ball and the kiss wasn't even close . But the type of hit that is needed to accomplish this result is close to the same type of hit that would send the object ball cross table to a diamond up from Bug's pocket. Almost like playing the ball to make it in your pocket. This type of a hit is a little high risk, in controlling both the cue ball and the object ball. Keep in mind that the starting position with the cue ball is just about frozen to the rail.:eek: Maybe we should look elsewhere.:)

Billy I.
Oops, I set this shot up with just the solid and stripe in front of Red's pocket as the only two balls on the table. I totally had forgotten about the stripe in the center of the table, looks like the way I described the shot would change to where the banked ball (solid ball) would contact the stripe in the center of the table.:eek: :confused:

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:

Billy I.
Bill,

That's not my illustration, it's Bernie P.'s diagram, I just posted it for him so we all could see it.

Dennis

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Bill,

That's not my illustration, it's Bernie P.'s diagram, I just posted it for him so we all could see it.

Dennis
Sorry Dennis, but I don't think it's possible for the cue ball to get the desired action with the hit the illustration depicts. When ever a ball is cut as the one that is illustrated the cue ball can not follow through the object ball. I'm sure Bernie knows this.:confused:

Billy I.