One Pocket Today from Red Shoes

Shortstop

Verified Member
From
Chisqztown
I Cannot Get The Stream!

I Cannot Get The Stream!

Is there anything to do or a program I have to add to get this or other streams..I used to get them..now,all I get is the spinning wheel??...Help

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Cowboy Dennis said:
I tried to say hi to Freddy but I guess the commentators cannot see the chat:mad: .

Dennis
Memorable quote from Freddy "My ass is killing me":p .

Fred, howz about them Tigers eh'?:D A triple and two home runs in the bottom of the 9th to send your Sox home cryin'.

RBL

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Good stream quality -- they are live now. Two players I don't know anything about "Sergio" and Will Freeman?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Will just made a heck of a bank -- something like this:

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@2ADxO1BHYO2CMvB2DXgR2EOjj2FUts3GaTf2HPXg2IHpK3JBde2POYf1VHYO1VHxh4VcAt2kOYf1kHQA1kbAm3kbHT3kOSK@[/CUETABLE]

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
NH Steve said:
Good stream quality -- they are live now. Two players I don't know anything about "Sergio" and Will Freeman?

Steve, Sergio is one of the top Chicago One Pocket players along with Ike and Chris Gentile - the three of them play each other on a regular basis here - Sergio placed high in tough company at the 2007 U.S. Open One Pocket Championship when it was held in Louisville that year >>>

2007 U.S. Open One Pocket Championship Results

1. Tony Chohan $3700
2. Gabe Owen $2400
3. Shannon Daulton $1540
4. Sergio Perez $1050
5. Rafael Martinez $675
6. Jason Miller $675

- Ghost

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Thanks Ghost. He looked pretty smooth -- at least that is the word that comes to my mind watching him.

Anyone have final results?

The brackets are online here, but not final results when I last looked:
http://www.live2ustreams.com/brackets.html

Many thanks to Red Shoes and Mi_billiards for the tournament and the live stream!!

crystal cue

Verified Member
Many thanks to Red Shoes and Mi_billiards for the tournament and the live stream!![/QUOTE]

Thanks to everyone involved for the live stream. CC

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
No chat for me!

No chat for me!

Cowboy Dennis said:
I tried to say hi to Freddy but I guess the commentators cannot see the chat:mad: .

Dennis

I wish they did allow that. I would have loved to see the comments coming in. Next time I do anything I will bring a laptop with me. Archie Karas (and you) wanted to gab with me and I would have gotten a kick out of it myself, but it was not to be.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
I wish they did allow that. I would have loved to see the comments coming in. Next time I do anything I will bring a laptop with me. Archie Karas (and you) wanted to gab with me and I would have gotten a kick out of it myself, but it was not to be.

Beard

Yes, I had to be content with telling the RBLunatic the correct shot...I type so slow, by the time I make my shot selection, they're racking for the next game...(RBL never notices the difference)...:rolleyes:

PS.. I thought the Greek was going to bust a gut..He actually threatened the streamer if he didn't let you talk to him RIGHT NOW !!!

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
They cut him off

They cut him off

SJDinPHX said:
Yes, I had to be content with telling the RBLunatic the correct shot...I type so slow, by the time I make my shot selection, they're racking for the next game...(RBL never notices the difference)...:rolleyes:

PS.. I thought the Greek was going to bust a gut..He actually threatened the streamer if he didn't let you talk to him RIGHT NOW !!!

The streamer was updating me periodically with some of Archie's comments. I certainly wasnt offended. Anybody who has blown that much money to me is allowed to say anything that he wants. My son was sweating it on the internet, he thought Archie was being "affectionate." The streamers didnt, and they cut him off from chatting any further.

Beard

I just wonder if that was really him. I would have had to read his chat to be sure. I still dont know who won. My guy Jet played pretty good considering. He had to have a problem with stamina and energy. I seen that he couldnt put out every shot. Radiation, chemo, operation. It aint that easy a recovery.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
The streamer was updating me periodically with some of Archie's comments. I certainly wasnt offended. Anybody who has blown that much money to me is allowed to say anything that he wants. My son was sweating it on the internet, he thought Archie was being "affectionate." The streamers didnt, and they cut him off from chatting any further.

Beard

I just wonder if that was really him. I would have had to read his chat to be sure. I still dont know who won. My guy Jet played pretty good considering. He had to have a problem with stamina and energy. I seen that he couldnt put out every shot. Radiation, chemo, operation. It aint that easy a recovery.

I wondered that too, somebody must have been showing him how to get on the chat, and typing for him (it sure wasn't Artie)..:D

PS..Sergio beat Will Freeman for 1st place

Last edited:

Jimmy B

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
I wondered that too, somebody must have been showing him how to get on the chat, and typing for him (it sure wasn't Artie)..:D

Sergio beat Waller(sp) for 1st

Freddy was re to Archie Karas, a Greek high extra high roller who gambles at many games including pool. He is known for turning a tiny bit of money into $40 million playing all the hold em players who would sit, and after he went through them he turned to dice. Freddy once posed as an eccentric billionaire industrialist who likes pool and won a couple hundred thousand off the fellow but was owed like a million more which he could not collect after Freddys set up guys and partners blew the deal and failed to play their roles correctly. He should have used Me and Red Card. You can read about this incident on Freddys fantastic web site..............

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Jimmy B said:
Freddy was re to Archie Karas, a Greek high extra high roller who gambles at many games including pool. He is known for turning a tiny bit of money into $40 million playing all the hold em players who would sit, and after he went through them he turned to dice. Freddy once posed as an eccentric billionaire industrialist who likes pool and won a couple hundred thousand off the fellow but was owed like a million more which he could not collect after Freddys set up guys and partners blew the deal and failed to play their roles correctly. He should have used Me and Red Card. You can read about this incident on Freddys fantastic web site..............

Thanks Jimmy, I am very familiar with the Archie Karas story. Fred and I were just discussing the legitimacy of the guy on the chat yesterday at Red Shoes... Archie is not known for haunting internet chat streams. Lot of guys like to jump in a chatroom and play a role like that.

3RAILKICK

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
Will just made a heck of a bank -- something like this:

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@2ADxO1BHYO2CMvB2DXgR2EOjj2FUts3GaTf2HPXg2IHpK3JBde2POYf1VHYO1VHxh4VcAt2kOYf1kHQA1kbAm3kbHT3kOSK@[/CUETABLE]

I remember that one. He made a lot of long straight backs, with speed.

This one illustrated spun the cb real sweet as well.

Thanks for a great stream.

As a newcomer, it was a real pleasure to watch such high caliber 1P.

ps: I didn't get to see Bobby Hunter play on the 'TV' table, but saw him on adjacent table. Glad to see him out playing again-hoping the eye issue has been taken care of.

With locals named 'Watusi', that's got to be a great room atmosphere!

And Fred-thanks too for your educational and entertaining commentary.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:

Beard
Yeah Freddy, bring it next time. We have a good time in the chat on most nights. When things get slow SJD & I tear into each other and get it goin' again:p .

You are the best pool commentator out there and the live broadcast just proved that out.

P.S. I hope your ass feels better:eek: .

RBL

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Cowboy Dennis said:
Yeah Freddy, bring it next time. We have a good time in the chat on most nights. When things get slow SJD & I tear into each other and get it goin' again.

You are the worst pool commentator out there and the live broadcast just proved that out..

RBL

Thats not nice to say to Fred, I certainly put him above Danny D...and just below Joey A, and Big Truck... Billy I. is the Howard Cossell of pool commentating..(is that good or bad)...:D :D :D

PS..But I do enjoy him bringing the con, scam, shark and cheat, into any given situation..we can all learn from him...:p

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
"twas Archie

"twas Archie

SJDinPHX said:

PS..Sergio beat Will Freeman for 1st place

There is a Greek kid named Steve here at Red Shoes that is Archie's cousin. He said Archie called him and said he had went on the chat line and was fooling around on it. Steve was at a wedding so he didnt attend the tourn.

One more kudo to my guy, Jet for his 3rd place finish. I am looking forward to working with him on his onepocket game to get him ready for DCC. We never did much with onepocket, we stayed in his best area banks. He is very lacking in kiss shots, caroms, and ball running principles, all of which hindered him at the tourn. We will try and get that fixed as his health improves.

Beard

Your edit cheat on RBL's quote was duly noted.