• 133267824_764559d829_b.jpg
    133267824_764559d829_b.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
lll said:
there a re ALOT of pics in that thread
i just dont know how to post them:mad: :( :eek:

Yes there Is! I have looked at them for hours It seems and have not got through half of them I think.There's some on there that are almost unbelieveable.I sure like looking at them,thanks.What can I do about this Itch? haha.John B.

JAM

Verified Member
That is a great thread. I really enjoy perusing it from time to time.

Here's one of my faves. It is of Golden Cue in Albany, New York. The tournament has ended.

Keith won the tournament, and it was time for us to drive home, about a 5.5-hour drive.
We were walking out to our car, getting ready for the long trek, hoping to get a little daylight
driving time before night fell.

Something caught Keith's eye, and he returned to the front window of the pool room, clutching his trophy,
peering inside one last time. He was actually contemplating whether he should stay or not,
watching Kid Delicous counting his cabbage. To leave or not to leave, that's the question! :D

Attachments

• Golden%20Cue%202.JPG
    Golden%20Cue%202.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
This one here shows what a little imagination can do. These poor souls are in
a Palestinian refugee camp, making do with what they have available,
and they managed to play some pool to help pass the time, I guess. :)

Attachments

• 2657798897_04f50d60e9_b.jpg
    2657798897_04f50d60e9_b.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 0

JAM

Verified Member
This is the kind of equipment that Jose Parica, Efren Reyes, and all the rest
of our Filipino bretheren of players used to hone their pocket billiard skill. They used to
play 15-ball rotation on inferior tables, ripped cloth, uneven balls, et cetera.

It is no wonder that when they came to the States, they ruled the pool world
when only had to run out to 9 playing 9-ball rotation on pristine equipment. ;)

This shot was in Cebu, Philippines.

Attachments

• 3076809138_6624e68132[1].jpg
    3076809138_6624e68132[1].jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 0

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Just another day at Hung Chow's open air pool room.

1. Guy on far right says. "I hope no one can smell that."
2. The two guys at the next table are John Schmidt and Danny Harriman.
3. The guy sitting on the third table is thinking about asking the guy on the fourth table if he plays One Pocket.
4. A table down from there, one chick tells the other. "I think that humpback guy in the leather jacket is kinda cute." "Ewww!" Says her friend.
5. The guy in the white hat says. "Okay, who ordered the Chicken-gui with egg roll?"
6. The guy standing in front of the blue door is Waldo.

Attachments

• 133267824_764559d829_b.jpg
    133267824_764559d829_b.jpg
    469 KB · Views: 0

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Tramp Steamer said:

3. The guy sitting on the third table is thinking about asking the guy on the fourth table if he plays One Pocket.
4. A table down from there, one chick tells the other. "I think that humpback guy in the leather jacket is kinda cute." "Ewww!" Says her friend.
5. The guy in the white hat says. "Okay, who ordered the Chicken-gui with egg roll?"

That's cool as hell Mr. Steamer. I had to make a rare sojourn to az whatever to go through many pages of the poolroom pics. Re the guy sitting on the third table. The first room I ever hung in after the YMCA was run by a man named Peg. If he saw you sitting on the table like that, the first time you would get a stern warning and the second time he would swing that thick hard wooden rack against your kneecap almost as hard as he could. I promise you could not walk right for awhile after he hit you. And if you acted like you wanted to bow up, he would whack you across the head with the thing. YET if you had a shot where it was necessary to get up on the table, no probem. He said it broke down the rails to sit on them or something like that. Oh yea. He had a big german sheppard that stayed in there with him too and of course a 38 cal smith. I think every single person I knew had a 38 colt or S&W back then. Accept no substitutes. Now there are so many fine choices of good handguns. Better grab a few up before we lose the right to buy one......................

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Tramp Steamer said:

T.S.,

You ain't right in the head:p :D .

RBL