J. Parica vs. G. Slivka 1996 U.S. Open #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's game 2 and Gerry is up 1-0 in games and 3-0 in balls this game. That's the cueball by his pocket and it's his shot. What would you do?

GS's Shot.jpg

senor

Verified Member
I might try to slide off the solid 7(?) and try to lock up on the stripe 14(?) sitting out in space.

Skin

Verified Member
If senor means the stripe inbetween the yellow by Parica"s side pocket and the pink/orange, that is my shot also if the angle is there. I like going to that side of the 7 better than the other side. Rod is showing off his superpowers again with his shot. ;)

Mere Mortal Skin

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:
yeah sorta id get on that side of the stack at least
if i could freeze on the ?14 ok?
(on the weii i know i could;) )
i hate to go against rod
but i wish i had that pic of ringling bros and barnum and bailey poster ghost used to post when .......................you know the kind of shot:eek:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
i hate to go against rod
but i wish i had that pic of ringling bros and barnum and bailey poster ghost used to post when .......................you know the kind of shot:eek:
That shot is good when you can hide the rock behind some balls, leaving it in the open is a little tougher. Where's that Ghost when we need the carnival picture:p ?

RBL

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

Yes! Thanks :) A great result would be to get the cue ball close enough to the stripe so that he can't duck on your side. You will be a move up on your opponent if all he can do is slide off the stripe to the bottom rail towards his pocket.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
senor said:
You will be a move up on your opponent
"a move up", now that's a term I know very well, Freddy B. has talked of it many times on AccuStats commentary. It takes a long time to understand it and now that I can't play I know exactly what it means:( .

Dennis

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
androd said:
Looks like my kinda gofer.
Rod.
I like your shot Rod, it's not such a gofer. Not only do you have a good chance to pocket that ball but there is a reward behind it. I also like the fact that you are taking a couple of balls out of play for Jose.

It's nice to have the lead but it's not enough to go into a total defensive mode.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Frank Almanza said:
I like your shot Rod, .
teach me please:)
if you miss the cue ball is in an unobstructive position to remove all the balls from the opponents pocket
i dont think the shot is an %80 make(icbw)
whats to like??:confused:
absolutely no disrespect intended??
i just dont get it:eek:

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
lll said:
teach me please:)
if you miss the cue ball is in an unobstructive position to remove all the balls from the opponents pocket
i dont think the shot is an %80 make(icbw)
whats to like??:confused:
absolutely no disrespect intended??
i just dont get it:eek:
I like the shot even with a 20% or 30% make possibility because you can win the game from there. All five balls that are needed are in position. You will remove the 3, 13, 12, or the 14 out of play at the same time.
True that you will be exposing what you have on your side but it's not like you have something hanging to protect. I think the risk of exposing my balls verses winning the game is worth it. I don't think he will be able to remove all five balls with his next shot.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i see your point frank
but the 3 stripes all go towards Rods pocket
if the 3 ball combo is pretty dead than i can accept the logic of moving them
if it isnt then they go for rod but not the opponent why move them??
i have to defer to rods and your experience on this one

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I like Rod's shot and have since the beginning of this thread. It's the first shot I saw but when Rod posted it, I figured everyone would agree on it. What else do you have? With all respect, Senor's shot runs a great risk of missing the strip on the high side thus selling it out. If Rod misses his hole, at least he forces his oppo to deal with his fertile balls (how's that for a term?) thus wasting his shot doing that instead of scoring.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
I've been shooting that shot some against Rod ( Rods shot) lately (similar)..had fair success..plus it moves those three balls that look wired for parica

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot the 14 into the 10? with follow to the side rail.
Leave the compo as a blocker.

Bill Stroud

senor

Verified Member
petie said:
I like Rod's shot and have since the beginning of this thread. It's the first shot I saw but when Rod posted it, I figured everyone would agree on it. What else do you have? With all respect, Senor's shot runs a great risk of missing the strip on the high side thus selling it out. If Rod misses his hole, at least he forces his oppo to deal with his fertile balls (how's that for a term?) thus wasting his shot doing that instead of scoring.

Yes, sometimes I do have the touch of a feather dipped in oil :D

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
bstroud said:
I would shoot the 14 into the 10? with follow to the side rail.
Leave the compo as a blocker.

Bill Stroud
I believe you win a cookie Bill. I think this is what you meant and this is what Gerry shot:

Slivkas Shot.jpg

Hey Ghosty, do you recognize anybody in this pic???

CapturedPicture_6.Jpeg

Here's how he left Parica:

CapturedPicture_11.Jpeg