J. Breit vs. B. Osborne 1991 Legends of One Pocket: Philadelphia Style #2

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Game one has turned in to a long defensive struggle with both players missing a couple of opportunities to do more damage. The score is 2-2 and Bob has just scratched as shown and he jawed up the 4 ball in his pocket. After he spots a ball up for the scratch the score is 2-1,Breit.

BO's Shot.jpg

Jack has ball-in-hand now and makes the ball he's shooting at. What could possibly go wrong from here, right? Well take a guess:) .

JB's Shot.jpg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
Game one has turned in to a long defensive struggle with both players missing a couple of opportunities to do more damage. The score is 2-2 and Bob has just scratched as shown and he jawed up the 4 ball in his pocket. After he spots a ball up for the scratch the score is 2-1,Breit.

View attachment 3584

Jack has ball-in-hand now and makes the ball he's shooting at. What could possibly go wrong from here, right? Well take a guess:) .

View attachment 3585
All I have to say about this picture is, is that Eddie "the Hat" Burton shooting on the table behind the feature table?

Maybe not, too much belly, I believe The Hat was thinner.

Billy I.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
wincardona said:
All I have to say about this picture is, is that Eddie "the Hat" Burton shooting on the table behind the feature table?

Billy I.
I don't know the man but here's a different pic. Jeez Bill, it was only 20 years ago and you DID co-commentate this match between Jack & Bob. It must be an age thing:p .

Dennis

CapturedPicture_2.Jpeg

Jimmy B

Verified Member
wincardona said:

Billy I.

No sir it isn't. I was hanging arround with Eddie in SC at the time, going to high school ball games, doing pill deals, going to pill doctors etc. and I asked him if he was going to Pa. and he told me no, so I'm almost sure he didn't go to that one. The picture here isn't clear at all but I am pretty sure the guy here is Rosy Rosenblatt from Memphis...........

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Frank Almanza said:
My guess is that in trying to get a decent shot on the ball that is on the spot he gets on top of the six ball with no shot.
Damn Frank, how good are you? That's what happened alright, we've all had days like that right? But it got even worse for Jack. What do you think he shot next?

Jacks Positch.Jpeg

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I do believe you are right.

I do believe you are right.

Jimmy B said:
No sir it isn't. I was hanging arround with Eddie in SC at the time, going to high school ball games, doing pill deals, going to pill doctors etc. and I asked him if he was going to Pa. and he told me no, so I'm almost sure he didn't go to that one. The picture here isn't clear at all but I am pretty sure the guy here is Rosy Rosenblatt from Memphis...........

I couldnt place him for a minute there, but once you mentioned it the light went off.
Rosy Rosenblatt. 1/2 of the Rosy and Rousey team (Bill Rousey).

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
lll said:
based on how things are going he tried to make the ball in the pocket but missed:eek:
I'd guess that you were right Larry. Jack miraculously shot the 6 ball by the 4 ball and barely nicked the 4 ball.

JB's Shot 2.jpg

He left Bob here:

JB's Leave.jpg