What we really think

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
Did you know that the common snail lives in the second dimension?
If you were to place a pencil in a vertical position in front of a snail it would see it only as a round black circle.
Whether it would actually crawl up to the edge of the circle, for fear of falling in, is uncertain.
I think about shit like this a lot. :D

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Tramp Steamer said:
Did you know that the common snail lives in the second dimension?
If you were to place a pencil in a vertical position in front of a snail it would see it only as a round black circle.
Whether it would actually crawl up to the edge of the circle, for fear of falling in, is uncertain.
I think about shit like this a lot. :D

Speaking of thinking about shit and snails..

Reminds me of when I used "realsnailmail". It was a project using 3 snails in a small enclosure. You could put into the queue a message to be sent to somebody's email address. The snails would wander around and once they were close enough to one of the sensors in the enclosure it would be transmitted. I had a few that took about 2 years and was thrown off guard when somebody responded.

That girl with the wooden eye.. was she from Oaklahoma? :eek:

Time to leave work and play pool.. about time!

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
fred bentivegna said:
Quit hijacking my hijack!

Beard

Speaking of hijacking..

Did I ever tell you about when I got carjacked on the way back to the beach from Whittier? Thought I was turning on Western to go see a girl, but it turned out to be Alameda, I think.. sucked. Had to walk up the 405 the next morning from the Sheriff station. They wouldn't let me leave there at night. Twas the night before the Super Bowl, so I made sure to get home in time. :D

Oh, and they asked me if they could fingerprint the car.. I was like, "sure, do your job".. then the bastards charged me for towing and impound fees. :mad:

RedCard

Verified Member
On file forever

On file forever

Banks said:
Speaking of hijacking..

Did I ever tell you about when I got carjacked on the way back to the beach from Whittier? Thought I was turning on Western to go see a girl, but it turned out to be Alameda, I think.. sucked. Had to walk up the 405 the next morning from the Sheriff station. They wouldn't let me leave there at night. Twas the night before the Super Bowl, so I made sure to get home in time. :D

Oh, and they asked me if they could fingerprint the car.. I was like, "sure, do your job".. then the bastards charged me for towing and impound fees. :mad:

That car's going to have a tough time getting by with anything now. They probably took a DNA sample from it when they took it's prints.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Scrzbill said:
ABC I often think of that when I am in the pool room talking with other players. ABC If you think that movie was great, read Jim Thompson books. Very dark characters. Latest movie of his books to come out is THE KILLER INSIDE.

OH, You meant 'The Killer Inside Me'. I had to find it and watch it 3 or 4 times. What a fantastic movie. I loved it. The story is told by a madman in first person sort of like American Psycho. Casey Affleck is good too except for all the mumbling. I think he was trying to do a Marlon Brando thing or something, but it was excellent. I love movies with a little edge to them. Why make a boring movie? You can make anything happen that you want to and the people aren't really dying so go for it. Dennis Hopper was one of my favorites. Did you see Blue Velvet? I loved every character in that movie, but that Booth character played by Hopper was the best. I hung out with people like that when I was young, and when Ben (Dean Stockwell) got that auto mechanic drop cord and started lip singing the Roy Orbinson song (In Dreams) I fell out of my chair and started rolling, laughing. He was just too damn sauve...............