Where's Artie? And where's Gulfport Doc?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
petie said:
Did somebody piss them off? Are they OK? I miss them both.

Sup Petie??

The last time I saw Doc in here was when I asked him about his music career with Zappa and his medical practice. We were both talking nice to each other so I don't think he got mad. I meant to ask him about Moon Unit just to see if he knew her. I know she worked doing stand up comedy which is something I admire. Sarah Silverman makes me roll. She takes it over the edge and back. I started to call Fat Boy and ask him about Artie Bodendorfer. Artie was suppose to tell more North Shore stories and then he went mia. Maybe they are just lurking for a bit and taking a break. I sure hope so. I got mad and discouraged about Arties' absence and I bought the live feeds inside the Big Brother House. Over 50 cams and you can switch to different rooms. You can watch the girls take a shower, or watch guys play pool, and watch them scheme and connive and backstab each other out of the house. I got it because this guy called EViL Dick and his daughter were coming back, but he just stayed a couple of days and then left on his own. I called Bullshit on that but it was just $30 dollars for the whole season so I just watch it a little anyway and you can talk live with the others watching at the same time, and we cuss each other violently at times. Not nice like in here but rough stuff. I discovered that I can be a real pipe slinging crowbar wielding hawk bill 357 carrying super tough tush hog on the internet while using a nick name from parts unknown. That's the way to do it. But really, I don't call people out unless its some guy who jumps on an old person who can't type fast or defend themselves. Then I may ambush their ass.

Tell Me Artie Why You Been Gone So Long, You Been Gone So Long..
Well The Wolves Are Scratching At The Door And I Can Hear
That Lonesome Wind Moan
Tell Me Baby Why You Been Gone So Long..........

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
funny that you should ask!

funny that you should ask!

i, myself, was just thinking of doc-doc.

where is he? where has he been?

he sometimes (not always, but sometimes!) contributes to the lucidity side of the conversations herein.

hoping for the best is my life,

sunny

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Also Ghost. Where is he? I really thought somebody would tell us all what was going on here. Does anybody know? What is it that happens on this board that makes them go away? I'm beginning to think it was something I said.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
petie said:
Also Ghost. Where is he? I really thought somebody would tell us all what was going on here. Does anybody know? What is it that happens on this board that makes them go away? I'm beginning to think it was something I said.

If any of the oldtimers took offense to anything you said, they would be all over it on this forum.

Life gets in the way and everyone takes a break from time to time.

I pay attention to your posts and you are a welcome addition to our strange family.

bstroud

Verified Member
Artie must have gotten his hand stuck in one of the 3.5 inch pockets he loves so much and starved to death.

Me, I am still struggling with the Diamond pro cut pockets on my own table.

Yesterday I ran 4 eights, 2 tens and one twelve and out and still lost.

My opponent ran 5 fives and won games from end rail banks that I would never have shot at. I told him to go and buy a lottery ticket and he would be a multi millionaire tomorrow.

Bill Stroud

JAM

Verified Member
I think I have Doc's e-mail address. I will send him an e-mail just to be sure he is okay! :)

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
not sure.....

not sure.....

.......about the good Dr. but I heard Artie is giving English lessons in South Beach to the boat people and History lessons to the Congressman in DC.The first day's lesson was "What came first,Texas or the United States".2nd days lesson was "Typing 101".3rd days lessons was Recess,Naptime,Computer Poker,Lunch,Recess,Handicapping at the racetrack on a budget or lunch money.Study hall,schools out till tomorrow.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
bstroud said:
Artie must have gotten his hand stuck in one of the 3.5 inch pockets he loves so much and starved to death.

Me, I am still struggling with the Diamond pro cut pockets on my own table.

Yesterday I ran 4 eights, 2 tens and one twelve and out and still lost.

My opponent ran 5 fives and won games from end rail banks that I would never have shot at. I told him to go and buy a lottery ticket and he would be a multi millionaire tomorrow.

Bill Stroud

That's too funny. I get a mental picture of him slumped by the table hanging by his hand. You shouldn't have outed yourself like that. Who's gonna give you any action if you're runnin" 8's, tens, and twelves?

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
jrhendy said:
If any of the oldtimers took offense to anything you said, they would be all over it on this forum.

Life gets in the way and everyone takes a break from time to time.

I pay attention to your posts and you are a welcome addition to our strange family.

That's pretty nice of you to say. Thanks for the kind word.

bstroud

Verified Member
petie said:
That's too funny. I get a mental picture of him slumped by the table hanging by his hand. You shouldn't have outed yourself like that. Who's gonna give you any action if you're runnin" 8's, tens, and twelves?

I thought everyone on this forum could do that.

I got beat anyway. Playing again tomorrow. Hope I play better.

Bill Stroud

bstroud

Verified Member
12 to 5 and the break.

I can win at it most of the time. Just not when everything goes wrong.

I have given up huge spots all my life and have won more than lost.
Never got to play much unless I gave up big spots.

You learn not to think about what will happen if you miss a ball. It gets easier the more you do it. The other player doesn't really matter. If you play as well as you think you can you will win no matter who you play.

Correct practice and confidence is the key.

Bill Stroud

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
I would just love to watch you play!

I would just love to watch you play!

Bill; Where are you playing your opponent, at a billiard room, his or your table?
Maybe you can arrange to have a LIVE Skipe cam so everyone can view the action you're in! I would love to learn how to run 8,10 and 12 n out.
I know I can't wait! :)

Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"
http://mr3cushion.com

JAM

Verified Member
Gulfport Doc replied to my e-mail. He's okay.

I let him know about Hemicudas, which he had not heard of his passing. He was as surprised, and sad, as I was to learn of it. $Bill was only 63 years young.

Anyway, all is well with Gulfport Doc and OnePocket-dot-org! :)

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
bstroud said:
12 to 5 and the break.

I can win at it most of the time. Just not when everything goes wrong.

I have given up huge spots all my life and have won more than lost.
Never got to play much unless I gave up big spots.

You learn not to think about what will happen if you miss a ball. It gets easier the more you do it. The other player doesn't really matter. If you play as well as you think you can you will win no matter who you play.

Correct practice and confidence is the key.

Bill Stroud

Bill,
I'd be very interested in how you practice.

bstroud

Verified Member
petie said:
Bill,
I'd be very interested in how you practice.

I spent most of yesterday practicing straight pool. It improves position play and little finesse shots faster than any game. I am still having trouble on this new simonis cloth overrunning my position.

Then I practiced breaking and running balls in one pocket. I always put the balls in the rack in order so I know which ball I am playing position on after the break.

I then went on to breaking 9 ball and running out. Trying to learn how to make the one in the side. I also place the balls in order so I have some idea where the balls are going.

Lastly, I practice some one pocket banks with position. Altogether about 8 hours.

I practice with the "measles" cue ball but I still don't understand it yet.

I play at my opponents house on a very tight gold crown with the red circle cue ball. I am still more at home on the gold crown than the diamond.

Bill Stroud

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
bstroud said:
I spent most of yesterday practicing straight pool. It improves position play and little finesse shots faster than any game. I am still having trouble on this new simonis cloth overrunning my position.

Then I practiced breaking and running balls in one pocket. I always put the balls in the rack in order so I know which ball I am playing position on after the break.

I then went on to breaking 9 ball and running out. Trying to learn how to make the one in the side. I also place the balls in order so I have some idea where the balls are going.

Lastly, I practice some one pocket banks with position. Altogether about 8 hours.

I practice with the "measles" cue ball but I still don't understand it yet.

I play at my opponents house on a very tight gold crown with the red circle cue ball. I am still more at home on the gold crown than the diamond.

Bill Stroud

8 hours of practice explains quite a lot. The measle is heavier and very slightly larger, I believe. If you don't think about it too much, it won't matter too much. I like a light cueball as in Brunswick Century ball sets but you don't see them too often anymore. Tight is good if you're hitting them good. If you are trying to get you're game together, tight pockets will f##k with your confidence. Thanks for your insight.

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
Artie is great, he just hasnt been hanging out online much he told me. I was suppose to cal him back this week and i got busy. Sit, I will call him tonight.

bstroud

Verified Member
Played again today.

I missed one makeable shot. Ran 6 or 7 eights. No tens or twelves.
Missed a couple of banks. After all the practice on my new diamond just didn't hit them hard enough.

This guy is one of the luckiest players I have ever played. The last game I shot a ball in and went three rails for position and ended up frozen to the 13 ball with no shot. An inch either way and the game would be over.

Did I say he lucked his game ball in twice?

I am still not playing my real speed and I know that once I do all this will stop.

Meanwhile it is driving me nuts.

The upside is that he continues to bet more money and thinks he has a chance to win.

Bill Stroud