Gabe Owen vs. Alex Pagulayan 2010 D.C.C. #4

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
That's it, Larry. Thanks. The margin of error is from where you show it to the pocket and then from the other side of the pocket to the stripe.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
androd said:
Here ya go Petie. while you're learning the Wei table, I'll post this for you and Senor.
Rod.

Thanks, Rod. I saw Larry's and was answering him when you posted. Ya, that's it. Actually, when I pictured it, I saw it going deeper toward the corner and coming up behind the stripe. Either way should work if you hit it good enough. Posting this shot has made me want to ust Greenshot but I'm still working on it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
androd said:
Here ya go Petie. while you're learning the Wei table, I'll post this for you and Senor.
Rod.

Senor, Rod, Larry man you guys are too great. I really don't know what to say. Talk about a helpful bunch of guys.

The only way I want to hit it hard enough to hit the stripe is if I go off the end rail first. I'm not sure why but I think it would be harder to sell out by going past the stripe if you do go off the end rail just before you snug up on the stripe. I don't know if I'm really that good or that lucky but maybe I could use Dick's "best possible outcome" rule.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Alex decided to shoot off the 15 ball and leave Gabe here:

P.S. Anyone who thinks banking the 12 into that line of balls is or ever was a good shot possibility (for Gabe now) might want to try to figure out where the 12 will go after it hits the 9 or the other balls. It'll go right to AP's pocket.

AP's Shot.jpg

CapturedPicture_4.Jpeg

senor

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
Alex decided to shoot off the 15 ball and leave Gabe here:

P.S. Anyone who thinks banking the 12 into that line of balls is or ever was a good shot possibility (for Gabe now) might want to try to figure out where the 12 will go after it hits the 9 or the other balls. It'll go right to AP's pocket.

Very good chance it will go to AP's pocket if not careful. Really need to figure out which OB you want to hit...even more than that, you want to figure out what side of the OB you want to hit. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the shot, but sometimes it seems like you're forced to shoot it.

But I can't imagine AP left GO 6 inches off the rail so he could shoot it, like a carrot. Probably just a minor lapse in execution on AP's part.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
senor said:
Very good chance it will go to AP's pocket if not careful. Really need to figure out which OB you want to hit...even more than that, you want to figure out what side of the OB you want to hit. That's why I'm not a huge fan of the shot, but sometimes it seems like you're forced to shoot it.

But I can't imagine AP left GO 6 inches off the rail so he could shoot it, like a carrot. Probably just a minor lapse in execution on AP's part.
Yes, if you shoot it, you really need to stiff it. and float the CB down.
I believe I'd shoot the 3 ball ? and spin over and stall.:)
Rod.