Bustamante vs. Richeson 2011 D.C.C. #2

bstroud

Verified Member
Richie has a large variety of shots but none are very aggressive except the billiard on the 2 ball.

I would just 2 rail the 6 ball with a little follow and wait for a better opportunity.

Bill Stroud

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I am definitely shooting the billiard on the 2 ball. It's inside the first diamond and I see it as a 97% shot. (If I miss it, I lose the game). I will hit it gently, planning to hit the 15 next, depending on where the 13 and 8 stop. I think my next shot will be to move something to my side and leave the CB on the bottom rail. Ideally, I will move several balls to my side and find a very safe spot for the CB.

I first thought of banking the 10 across and leaving the rock in the middle of the top rail, because I don't think anything goes in his pocket from there. However, he would have an opportunity to make an excellent safe reply, unless he is reluctant to risk the scratch. If he doesn't like that, there's not much for him.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
id try to get the 6 above my pocket so i have a ball above and below my pocket and follow the q to the side rail
using the 3 and 7 as blockers
similar to the shot bstroud suggested
ll1.jpg

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
lll said:
id try to get the 6 above my pocket so i have a ball above and below my pocket and follow the q to the side rail
using the 3 and 7 as blockers
similar to the shot bstroud suggested
View attachment 3335
This would be my choice too. Billy Stroud also like this. Getting one ball on your side limits Bustys choices. Like the straight back on the 14 ball.

jalapus logan

Verified Member
vapros said:
I am definitely shooting the billiard on the 2 ball. It's inside the first diamond and I see it as a 97% shot. (If I miss it, I lose the game). I will hit it gently, planning to hit the 15 next, depending on where the 13 and 8 stop. I think my next shot will be to move something to my side and leave the CB on the bottom rail. Ideally, I will move several balls to my side and find a very safe spot for the CB.

I first thought of banking the 10 across and leaving the rock in the middle of the top rail, because I don't think anything goes in his pocket from there. However, he would have an opportunity to make an excellent safe reply, unless he is reluctant to risk the scratch. If he doesn't like that, there's not much for him.

I would look at the two ball as well, but I am wondering if you even need to billiard it in. Can you shoot the left side of the 8 and make the 3 ball combo? Take a close look at this, I can't tell for sure, but the angle may be there to make the shot. Shooting it this way may open up something for the shooter as well. Probably crazy, but what the heck. I'll try to come up with some guesses and you guys can educate me.

Cheers...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
dsb8541 said:
yup, Im w Mr Stroud and others, 2 rail the six and use stack to block
i think you need to more than just 2 rail it you have to get it above your pocket even if it hits the long rail

bstroud

Verified Member
If he shot it hard he was trying to 2 rail it back into the 5 ball and move balls away from the pocket. He just missed the shot.

Bill Stroud