I got sent up the river...

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
I'm ashamed of myself, folks. I followed the link to AZB and spent twenty minutes scanning thru 114 posts, thinking I would find something of substance to read. Fuggeddaboutit, it ain't there. I should have spent the time reading the minutes of last week's City Council meeting. :eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
vapros said:
I'm ashamed of myself, folks. I followed the link to AZB and spent twenty minutes scanning thru 114 posts, thinking I would find something of substance to read. Fuggeddaboutit, it ain't there. I should have spent the time reading the minutes of last week's City Council meeting. :eek:
vapros.
trampsteamer should congratulate you that you commisserated with him:D
or saw the mess he put himself into:)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
here's the thread that led to his demise....

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=234623

Myself, I never saw anything funny or weird about the guys question..:) just a guy asking a question about "am I a sucker for playing champs and losing to them" he felt that him playing champs and losing to them, was more or less the same thing as paying for lessons. I don't see anything in the many responses he gave, that led to me thinking he was pulling all of our legs about the question.:D:eek:

I also think the comment from the Mod over there about people being "guests" was more trying to get a point across that those guys pay the bills, it's their forum and the users don't run the show and tell them how to run their forums. I think it was taken out of context, but it would probably be in their best interest to at least address it and apologize if it came out wrong...

That's surely not what the owners Mike and Jerry think... They realize that the forum users are very important to them. After all, the users that post legitimate content is what makes up a forum and what gives it the appeal for new people to come aboard and new sponsors to pay. At the same time... some of the users there, give the impression that the users of the board should be able to decide all the rules. That AZB is their forum.

I just get that feeling a lot over there.. of people that think they should run the forum this way or that way, how it's unfair to do this or that.. It is crystal clear to me, as it is here in this forum.. that the owners of the forum, the people that do all the work of maintaining it, the ones that pay for the domain name and the high cost of someone to host their website, that THEY are the ones that decide the rules and THEY decide if they want someone there or not. Now as a user, I can offer my opinion, I can offer my suggestions, but that's it. I can't EXPECT anything. It's not my forum. Everyone has the right and ability to go buy a domain name and pay someone to host their domain and run their forum any way they wish. The can ban people, they can make 400 forums and subforums... anything their little heart desires.

I just never understood the people that come on a free forum, they post back and forth.. and now they should have the right to tell the guys that pay for the forum, that own the forum, how they should run the show.. what isn't fair, what is fair. Some of the people are people that actually lend nothing to the forum. They post jokes, or they rag on other users, just start trouble all the time. They never actually post anything of substance. It's funny

Obviously, there are many different level of users and what importance they bring to a forum. Some users have not worth to a forum, others have a lot and then lots of levels in between. So a forum owner, might put more thought into something a valuable user asked of him, then someone who brings nothing of value to his forum.

I'm also with mosconic... I think the comment near the end of that thread that mentioned that he was bored and maybe some flame wars might help kill the time, probably didn't sit to well with Wilson, give the escalation of barbing going back and forth between Joey and Tramp.

On a funny note.... Steve's probably thinking.... great.. Everyone that gets banned from AZ and needs a forum fix, comes over here... not that we were good enough to come here BEFORE they got banned, but now I guess it's all they got, so NOW we're worthy of their presence. hehe... just something funny I was thinking of... Onepocket.org is like the Cuban Mariel Boatlift :D Tramp and Jimmy, this is not directed at you.. it's a general observation from a few years of noticing it.

{thinking to myself.... god man.. can't you ever just write 3 lines and shut your pie hole?"... whats up with that?}
its ironic that i was the straw that broke the steamers back:eek:
here was my reply to the thread at azb
(im bbb over there)
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpost.php?p=3061955&postcount=112

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member
lll said:
trampsteamer
welcome back
no hard feelings:)

None what so ever. You're aces in my book.
Listen. About that commiser...that commaser...that word you used. I haven't done that in a long time, and I don't think I can do it anymore. :)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest

Tramp Steamer

Verified Member

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
Yes Tramp... what Larry is trying to say, but he's kind of shy is.. People like your humor, so lets see if you can bring Freddy and Dick together

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ggJt3C74bRE&start=45&end=75" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" height="344" width="425">
cali red
you already want to start some sh@t:p :p :p :D
i dont think songs like that are going to help sjd and freddy or me and trampsteamer

remeber the fiasco with ghost and brokeback mountain or whatever that movie was

hey greg
are you trying to come out of the closet??
jk

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
lll said:
cali
you already want to start some sh@t
i dont think songs like that are going to help sjd and freddy or me and trampsteamer

remeber the fiasco with ghost and brokeback mountain or whatever that movie was

hey greg
are you trying to come out of the closet??
jk
what are you saying Larry???;) We welcome him with open arms... Is that so wrong? :eek: You don't think that is a beautiful song?:confused:
Closet? Yeah, I just came out of it matter of fact... I got my a$$ chewed out for just throwing my clothes in there.:cool:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
what are you saying Larry???;) We welcome him with open arms... Is that so wrong? :eek: You don't think that is a beautiful song?:confused:
Closet? Yeah, I just came out of it matter of fact... I got my a$$ chewed out for just throwing my clothes in there.:cool:
it is beautiful song:p

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
10-4

10-4

Had I been playing one-pocket for in excess of one and one half years and anyone (other than Caesar Morales) were capable of beating me “embarrassingly” giving a spot of 10-4, I would, in the words of one C.J. Last heard of in Vegas two decades ago, take up bowling or some such.

"You might be a sucker if ......."