F. Flintstone vs. B. Rubble 3069 B.C. Bedrock Open#2

Banks

Verified Member
From
Portland, OR
Cowboy Dennis said:
Banks,

Jump in with both feet, we all do. We have a lot of tools here, you'll feel right at home:p .

The shot on the 4 ball off the side rail into the 13 ball can be a very good shot. We'd have to be standing at the table to really judge it well. But, all things being equal, I'd say that that would probably be my choice from looking at these pics onscreen. The shot is much better on a tight table.

P.S. What execution & leave turned out favorably? I haven't shown the shot yet:confused: . I'm easily confused though, just ask the Duck.

Dennis

Oops, I thought you were showing the shot there.. :eek:

Looks like if the 4 came up a little short it could get stopped or it could jar in the pocket if it came up a little long on the carom. But, like I was saying, as long as you're seeing the shot true, then being off really doesn't come into play.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Banks said:
Oops, I thought you were showing the shot there.. :eek:

Looks like if the 4 came up a little short it could get stopped or it could jar in the pocket if it came up a little long on the carom. But, like I was saying, as long as you're seeing the shot true, then being off really doesn't come into play.
The 4 jawing up is always a possibility when the 13 is so far from the rail, that may be why Barney didn't shoot it. Instead he shot the most wonderful, fantastic, unique, spectacular, unbelievable shot I've ever seen:D . As we've learned over the past couple of weeks here, as long as Barney made the ball it must've been the correct shot FOR HIM. Just not for anyone else.

Here's what Barney shot, believe it or not:

Larry, you were on to something here.

P.S. No running with the Greenshot, you could poke an eye out:) .

Barneys Shot.jpg

Here's how Barney left himself:

Barneys Leave.Jpeg

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
The 4 jawing up is always a possibility when the 13 is so far from the rail, that may be why Barney didn't shoot it. Instead he shot the most wonderful, fantastic, unique, spectacular, unbelievable shot I've ever seen:D . As we've learned over the past couple of weeks here, as long as Barney made the ball it must've been the correct shot FOR HIM. Just not for anyone else.

View attachment 3239

View attachment 3240
I really don't have much to say about the last two shot selections, other than :eek: :eek: .

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 3239

View attachment 3240
Well at least he didn't put himself in jail, with no way out.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 3239

View attachment 3240

Now he can play the double carom and pocket the 5 ball.:D

Billy I.

senor

Verified Member
My first thought, if it is on, is to fram the 6/13 and live with the consequences. I see that others have seen the shot as well.

Larry, that's a very sneaky bank. Get ready to shoot one straight in if you make it though.

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Yeah, Senor, I wanted to ask about that. With a forceful shot and a good follow-thru, can you plow thru that gap and execute a shot? Do the balls have to be frozen? Is there a rule for it?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I'm a little late to the table, but...

I'm a little late to the table, but...

Going back to the situation that starts this thread:
View attachment 3232

View attachment 3233
When I am sent up table like this one of the shots I look for is some kind of rolling carom safety because I feel I see those well and execute them well. So at first I did not see one here, but this morning I did notice a possibility that I think would have been my choice (if there was no shot clock, lol). It looks to me like there is just room to go off the left side of the pink 4, which since it is fairly tight to the rail (PS, did anyone state that it was frozen?), it would immediately kiss the cue ball directly into the adjacent stripe, sending it near the 2-ball -- kind of a split shot, with a controlled double kiss. I know we've moved past this situation, but I thought I'd mention this option because it was different.

Like this:

Attachments

• Greenshot_2011-06-17_07-31-15.jpg
    Greenshot_2011-06-17_07-31-15.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 0

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 3239

View attachment 3240
in a situation like this
one must ask oneself
what would rafael martinez do here:eek: :rolleyes:

senor

Verified Member
vapros said:
Yeah, Senor, I wanted to ask about that. With a forceful shot and a good follow-thru, can you plow thru that gap and execute a shot? Do the balls have to be frozen? Is there a rule for it?

Sorry Vapros, I joined the party late. I was talking about the original layout and not about the cue ball stuck between two balls.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
vapros said:
I wanted to ask about that. With a forceful shot and a good follow-thru, can you plow thru that gap and execute a shot? Do the balls have to be frozen? Is there a rule for it?

I'm not a rules guy. You'd be shooting away from the balls not at them. If "Billy I" made the shot on me I'd not complain. :(
Rod.;)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
androd said:
I'm not a rules guy. You'd be shooting away from the balls not at them. If "Billy I" made the shot on me I'd not complain. :(
Rod.;)
Why would you complain? If I shot that shot against you or for that matter any one, we would be playing for fun.:D

Now for money, i'd have to think a little deeper.;)

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
bstroud said:
I think you are forgetting something. WHAT if you make the bank?

The pink is the shot. Most saftey, most result.

Bill Stroud
Even though I agree that off the pink is the correct shot Larry's shot is still a good shot. You say what if you make the bank, well if you make the bank i'm sure you will havwe options. One option for sure will be a winning shot on the 15 ball.:D

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Cowboy Dennis said:
You'd have to dodge hitting the 2 ball twice to shoot the 6 ball Phil.

View attachment 3236
Phil, the reason I like the pink over your shot is the protection the 6 ball offers, shooting the 6 ball you are gambling a little higher because of all the possible return shots you may leave.

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:
Even though I agree that off the pink is the correct shot Larry's shot is still a good shot. You say what if you make the bank, well if you make the bank i'm sure you will havwe options. One option for sure will be a winning shot on the 15 ball.:D

Billy I.
because i was really playing the cue on this ball im not sure i would make the bank
the purpose in my mind was to give pressure to my opponent so he couldnt shoot towards his pocket