2011 OnePocket.org Player Sponsorship Fund

Deeman

Verified Member
NH Steve said:
John Brumback finished in the money (17-24th) and decided to give back half of what he won, so that adds another $150 back into the fund. Thank you John!!

Steve,

Just shows we picked the right guy!

DeeMan

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
Recently received a check from JimmyB for $400 -- half for the OnePocket.org sponsorship fund and half to support Lenny's live streaming (you half is on the way, Lenny).

Thank you Jimmy!!

Jimmy B

Verified Member
onepocket said:
Recently received a check from JimmyB for $400 -- half for the OnePocket.org sponsorship fund and half to support Lenny's live streaming (you half is on the way, Lenny).

Thank you Jimmy!!

Yea no problem. I had been wanting to donate to the sponsor so I could feel like I fit in more, but half to Lenny was to fullfil my promise. I said if Artie did commentary I would give hime two hundred. Money well spent. Both Times.....lol...................

Deeman

Verified Member
Jimmy B said:
Yea no problem. I had been wanting to donate to the sponsor so I could feel like I fit in more, but half to Lenny was to fullfil my promise. I said if Artie did commentary I would give hime two hundred. Money well spent. Both Times.....lol...................

Thanks! no better way to join this club than tomshow you have heart!

DeeMan

markgriffin

Verified Member
One pocket.org sponsorship fund

One pocket.org sponsorship fund

Steve,
Just to let you and the forums know, CSI would like to do the same 'deal' for 2012 us open one pocket event.

I would also appreciate any constructive ideas to make a better event.

We will be moving the tv table to switch with the two tables ( think #8-9)- give better visibility from skyboxes.

I am concerned with the number of no shows- which I do not like. I think the entry fee was about right. The races about as long as time will allow.

Having 9 tables available and only scheduling 8 tables was an accidental (and fortunate) decision.

I will be in touch with you before too long-

Your friend,
Mark griffin

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
markgriffin said:
Steve,
Just to let you and the forums know, CSI would like to do the same 'deal' for 2012 us open one pocket event.

We will be moving the tv table to switch with the two tables ( think #8-9)- give better visibility from skyboxes.

I am concerned with the number of no shows- which I do not like. I think the entry fee was about right. The races about as long as time will allow.

Having 9 tables available and only scheduling 8 tables was an accidental (and fortunate) decision.

Your friend,
Mark griffin

You ran a nice smooth tournement. And I think it will grow. And IF I come up with a good Idea to bring the publick in. I will tell you.

Thier is always a way. And it has to be interesting so they will come too see what it is.

BUt I will come upwith something.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
markgriffin said:
Steve,

Your friend,
Mark griffin
That's terrific Mark -- it's great to have the US Open One Pocket back in strong form, and also a plus that the schedule is pretty well staggered from DCC so those of us that need to rebuild our travel funds/etc in order to make a tournament trip, can go.

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Table Positioning

Table Positioning

markgriffin said:
Steve,

Your friend,
Mark griffin
Mark, as we discussed it would be very helpful if the tables were turned around so the spectators would be able to: 1. see the ball count and 2. be closer to the action side of the table. It was a very good event for all.
One last thing, on the sky box side of the room not having "riser" seating closeto the tables as was the case on the oppostite side of the room was a negative. Its really difficult to watch a match when seated at groung level.
Thanks for listening.... Keith

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Looks like it might work out for John to go to Houston Texas for the Ironman Memorial One Pocket tournament July 4 weekend. It is $2500 added, along with a $4000 added barbox 9-ball event (if John wants to get in that, he is on his own, lol).

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Okay, sounds like it won't work for John to go to this Houston event after all. How about someone else? It is coming up soon now -- starts Friday night June 31. There is the One Pocket with $2500 added and also a 9-ball bar box event. They apparently have Calcuttas, too.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
P00lh0li0 said:
How about send Gentleman John H to Houston?
Sounds great to me! I believe we also have a couple of Houston area members -- but they might not be "tournament guys" :D

John was going to play in the One Pocket and the 9-ball.-- I sent in entry for both (NOT our funds for the 9-ball of course). I am willing to sponsor someone (personally) in that 9-ball spot, so we have two sponsorships available, which could be the same player or not.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
NH Steve said:
Sounds great to me! I believe we also have a couple of Houston area members -- but they might not be "tournament guys" :D

John was going to play in the One Pocket and the 9-ball.-- I sent in entry for both (NOT our funds for the 9-ball of course). I am willing to sponsor someone (personally) in that 9-ball spot, so we have two sponsorships available, which could be the same player or not.

I nominate androd to come out of retirement and play in 1 tournament!

C'mon man! It would be fun, once, wouldn't it?????

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
CaliRed said:
I nominate androd to come out of retirement and play in 1 tournament!

C'mon man! It would be fun, once, wouldn't it?????
i second and third that :)
C'mon man

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Sounds good to me !!!

Sounds good to me !!!

John H, Rodney, or Senor would all be good horses, who all contribute here... Getting the last two to play might be a different story. You guys could be in dead stroke, playing each other for a few weeks...:)

Last edited:

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
SJDinPHX said:
John H, Rodney, or Senor would all be good horses, who all contribute here... Getting the last two to play might be a different story. You guys could be in dead stroke, playing each other for a few weeks...:)

I don't need "no stinking tournament"
But if John H. comes, I'll promise him some action.( with me):p
Rod.
PS, Senor would be an excellent choice if he started playing now. I'll loan him a cue stick.

P00lh0li0

Verified Member
Isn't Deeman in Houston? If Gentleman john doesn't/can't go, maybe he'll want to join. he definitely deserves it for his gracious gift from the US Open 1p.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
How bout it, Deeman? Or John Henderson? Or anyone else that wants to step up. This spot is available -- actually two spots if anybody here wants to get in the Barbox 9-ball also (could be the same person or not).

SJDinPHX

Suspended
P00lh0li0 said:
Isn't Deeman in Houston? If Gentleman john doesn't/can't go, maybe he'll want to join. he definitely deserves it for his gracious gift from the US Open 1p.

Deeman lives in Alabama, but he's a..."Travelin' man, made a lotta stops"...:p :p :p

Jimmy B

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Deeman lives in Alabama, but he's a..."Travelin' man, made a lotta stops"...:p :p :p

There you go. You're a little out of tune though. You favor R. Nelson you know...