S. Daulton vs. S. Frost 2011 D.C.C.

bstroud

Verified Member
Banking the 14 to the center of the table and stopping the cue ball on the rail leaves your opponent in a very bad spot.

Simple but effective.

Bill Stroud

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
bstroud said:
Banking the 14 to the center of the table and stopping the cue ball on the rail leaves your opponent in a very bad spot.

Simple but effective.

Bill Stroud
Bill,

I don't usually respond in my own threads but that shot is no good at all. If you shoot it, your opponent will just go off the 14 and bank it back to the center of the table and put the cueball near the headrail and use the 14 to help block your access to the balls on his side.

Dennis

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i like this
carom bank depending on the angle you can get would determine which balls you want the solid to hit as you move them to your side
the cue follows to the side rail protecting the balls by your hole and you also may clear out the 14 on shannons side
sf1.jpg

sf2.jpg

stljohnny

Verified Member
From
St. Louis, MO
lll said:
i like this
carom bank depending on the angle you can get would determine which balls you want the solid to hit as you move them to your side
the cue follows to the side rail protecting the balls by your hole and you also may clear out the 14 on shannons side

yeah, I like this too. Unless you wanna hit that 3-ball combo bank with a ton of inside and snuggle whitey up around the 14? heh. it's the first shot of the first game, why not go a little crazy now, and get it out of your system, so you're ready to play seriously the rest of the match? :p

Attachments

• 3ballcombobank.jpg
    3ballcombobank.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 0

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
stljohnny said:
yeah, I like this too. Unless you wanna hit that 3-ball combo bank with a ton of inside and snuggle whitey up around the 14? heh. it's the first shot of the first game, why not go a little crazy now, and get it out of your system, so you're ready to play seriously the rest of the match? :p
Way too many kiss possibilities for me, Johnny.

I like either knocking the 14 ball up table on my side or the carom bank on the pink 4 -- both shots already mentioned. The thing I like better about the carom on the pink 4 ball vs just moving the 14 ball is that I am a little concerned about leaving Shannon the combo bank on the 4-13 if I were to leave that there.For that reason, if I was to choose to go off the 14 ball I would want to leave the angle on the 4-13 combination awkward enough that Shannon would pass it up on his follow-up shot.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Fast Lenny said:
It looks like you can bank the 5 ball but if not then the 4 off the 13 looks like a good shot.

lll said:
i like this

nhsteve said:
The thing I like better about the carom on the pink 4 ball vs just moving the 14 ball is that I am a little concerned about leaving Shannon the combo bank on the 4-13

I like this shot also, but I'd leave the CB on the ball where it sits.
Rod.
PS, Hope I don't leave a shot on the 9 ball.:D

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 0

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Fast Lenny said:
It looks like you can bank the 5 ball but if not then the 4 off the 13 looks like a good shot.
I guess the 5 didn't bank;) . He did shoot the 4 off the 13 and placed the rock perfectly. Whatta hit:eek: .

Scott's Shot.jpg

Here's how he left it:

CapturedPicture_11.Jpeg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
i like this
View attachment 3057

View attachment 3058
wasnt that the shot i posted??
me and lenny can share a cookie:) ( i think )

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
yep. you were on it. (something i have notices in SMS and winning one pocket, shots played by guys on here, there seems to be a recurring theme to make a play on two balls whenever practical). good eye fellas.

i think next shot has to be thin hit on 9, put whitey in front of pocket.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I like banking the 8 ball to my side and play the cue ball close to the 7 ball, between the 4 and 7 balls.

Billy I.

By banking the 8 ball and playing the cue ball close to the 7 ball will give you more options on your next trip to the table.

If you happen to hit the shot well enough to freeze on the 7 ball you may become the favorite.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
By banking the 8 ball and playing the cue ball close to the 7 ball will give you more options on your next trip to the table.

If you happen to hit the shot well enough to freeze on the 7 ball you may become the favorite.

Billy I.

THats a very risky shot and you could end up realy getting trapet. I would kick the 7 ball in my pocket and if it goes in he will end up on defense.

And if itslose too my whole he cant do much from thier. And that was a key ball to move in this position.

But shooting off the 8 ball behind the 7 ball is very rusky. And youre not doing too much on the shot.

And you have to hit it good brcause if you dont go behind the 7 ball. you are in trouble. And you could sell out on the shot.

Kicking at the 7 or the 4 from behind the the bottom rail looks like a better shot.

If I would shot off the 8 ball. Behind the 7 ball shoot it with a little speed and make ehe 7 ball. And the cue ball will go behind the 7 down too the bottom tail. Behind the 14 ball. I think thats what t is.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
THats a very risky shot and you could end up realy getting trapet. I would kick the 7 ball in my pocket and if it goes in he will end up on defense.

And if itslose too my whole he cant do much from thier. And that was a key ball to move in this position.

But shooting off the 8 ball behind the 7 ball is very rusky. And youre not doing too much on the shot.

And you have to hit it good brcause if you dont go behind the 7 ball. you are in trouble. And you could sell out on the shot.

Kicking at the 7 or the 4 from behind the the bottom rail looks like a better shot.

If I would shot off the 8 ball. Behind the 7 ball shoot it with a little speed and make ehe 7 ball. And the cue ball will go behind the 7 down too the bottom tail. Behind the 14 ball. I think thats what t is.

I don't believe you can kick the 7 ball in your pocket, not enough room. and if you kick the 7 ball with speed you could scratch from the angle your on.

You say I can get trapped shooting soft to the 7 ball, how is that? If I freeze on the 7 ball your in trouble. It looks like it's laying natural to go between the 4 ball and the 7 ball. And if not I will hit it hard enough to reach the 7 ball. Not a risky shot at all. Simple roll shot.

What can you do if I roll to the 7 ball? Please answer that so I can understand.

With your shot kicking the 7 ball you may leave me a return bank. Look and see the 7 ball can't go on a kick.

Billy I.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
wincardona said:
I don't believe you can kick the 7 ball in your pocket, not enough room. and if you kick the 7 ball with speed you could scratch from the angle your on.

You say I can get trapped shooting soft to the 7 ball, how is that? If I freeze on the 7 ball your in trouble. It looks like it's laying natural to go between the 4 ball and the 7 ball. And if not I will hit it hard enough to reach the 7 ball. Not a risky shot at all. Simple roll shot.

What can you do if I roll to the 7 ball? Please answer that so I can understand.

With your shot kicking the 7 ball you may leave me a return bank. Look and see the 7 ball can't go on a kick.

Billy I.

I set the shot up exactly as it is shown and shot my shot three times. I positioned the cue ball close to the 7 ball twice, and froze the cue ball to the 7 ball once. You don't have an out shooting my shot. If you do please explain.

Twice I ended up a little high on the 7 ball without leaving a shot on the 4 ball. The only balls you can see are the 7 and 4 balls, what are you going to do?

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
I set the shot up exactly as it is shown and shot my shot three times. I positioned the cue ball close to the 7 ball twice, and froze the cue ball to the 7 ball once. You don't have an out shooting my shot. If you do please explain.

Twice I ended up a little high on the 7 ball without leaving a shot on the 4 ball. The only balls you can see are the 7 and 4 balls, what are you going to do?

Billy I.

You cant scratch from that angle. And youre not shooting it hard. And itt will go close too the pocket.

Her is a little bite more off knowledge. IF you shoot the shot with reverse you can never scratch. Did youno that.

And I have too see were the cue ball is after you shoot off the eighjt ball.

Because just a little difference can change the shot.

I cannot guess withouthout seeing the cueball position.

This is a learnibg site. And that showes people want too no.

And by discussing is howe you learn. Just like when you hustling if someone says the wrong thing you got him.

And you no howe strong that is.

They call that traping yourself.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You cant scratch from that angle. And youre not shooting it hard. And itt will go close too the pocket.

Her is a little bite more off knowledge. IF you shoot the shot with reverse you can never scratch. Did youno that.

And I have too see were the cue ball is after you shoot off the eighjt ball.

Because just a little difference can change the shot.

I cannot guess withouthout seeing the cueball position.

This is a learnibg site. And that showes people want too no.

And by discussing is howe you learn. Just like when you hustling if someone says the wrong thing you got him.

And you no howe strong that is.

They call that traping yourself.

I set up the balls like the they are set up in the lay out. What do you mean when you say you don't know how the balls are positioned There right in front of you to see.

You haven't answered my question on what you would do if I positioned the cue ball close to the 7 ball.

And yes I know that inside english will hold the cue ball on kick shots. I learned that when I was a teen ager. But thanks for sharing that bit of information. And if you use a high ball it will hold the shot up even more.

I mentioned to you that I set the shot up three times and shot my shot with success all three times. Simple roll shot. Did you set your shot up and shoot it? If you did how did the balls end up?

Billy I.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
wincardona said:

Billy I.
dont you want to be sure he cant cut the 4 into his pocket??
so you have to get more between the 7-4??
if you get "close" to the 7 but high on it couldnt you leave the a cut the 4 into the corner??
Billy i lke your shot but i think i would be focusing more on the cue to the 4 ball relation rather than the cue to the 7 relation
your thoughts??

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
lll said:
dont you want to be sure he cant cut the 4 into his pocket??
so you have to get more between the 7-4??
if you get "close" to the 7 but high on it couldnt you leave the a cut the 4 into the corner??
Billy i lke your shot but i think i would be focusing more on the cue to the 4 ball relation rather than the cue to the 7 relation
your thoughts??
The way the balls are set up it's a simple roll shot that takes you directly on a path to end up between the 4 and 7 balls. You can end up high on the 7 ball with out leaving a shot on the 4 ball, which I did two out of the three times I shot the shot, the other time I froze the cue ball to the 7 ball on the low side of the 7 ball. As long as you shoot the shot hard enough to not leave a shot on the 4 ball you have done your job, but the closer you come to freezing on the 7 ball the more effective the shot becomes. ;)

The shot is a simple roll shot that repositions the 8 ball on your side and puts your opponent in a position of defense. The next time back at the table you'll either have a shot at your pocket or a shot to clear more balls away from his side. It's a very strong shot, set it up the way the balls are positioned and shoot it a couple times to see what i'm talking about.:cool:

I have an advantage over most when it comes to debating shots because I can set them up immediately on my table in the next room. But what I don't understand is that Artie also has a table in his home, so why doesn't he do the same thing as i'm doing? :confused: