2011 DCC Video - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 9 - Chris Gentile-Warren Kiamco

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
2011 DCC Video - "CaliRed" Presents - Episode 9 - Chris Gentile-Warren Kiamco

Welcome all... another video has been edited and uploaded from the 2011 Derby vault. Today we have some onepocket footage from Round 5, starring Chris Gentile against Warren Kiamco. Chris is a strong onepocket player and Warren is a strong rotation player. Don't worry about the shaking in the 1st 30 seconds, I"m ratcheting my tripod up to it's highest level.

We got about 30 mins of these 2 playing. Warren is a little on the slow side playing onepocket, so I edited the long pauses in between shots in many cases. You get to see a nice runout from Chris and you get to see a game where the balls start to go uptable. Warren is in the hole -2 balls and finally takes a long rail bank shot and gets some balls. If you're interested in Onepocket, you can certainly pick up some some moves watching Chris.

Hope you enjoy and while you're there, I have about 17 High Definition videos for you to enjoy.

"><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22518279?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=80ceff" frameborder="0" height="529" width="940"></iframe>

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
CaliRed said:
Welcome all... another video has been edited and uploaded from the 2011 Derby vault. Today we have some onepocket footage from Round 5, starring Chris Gentile against Warren Kiamco. Chris is a strong onepocket player and Warren is a strong rotation player. Don't worry about the shaking in the 1st 30 seconds, I"m ratcheting my tripod up to it's highest level.

We got about 30 mins of these 2 playing. Warren is a little on the slow side playing onepocket, so I edited the long pauses in between shots in many cases. You get to see a nice runout from Chris and you get to see a game where the balls start to go uptable. Warren is in the hole -2 balls and finally takes a long rail bank shot and gets some balls. If you're interested in Onepocket, you can certainly pick up some some moves watching Chris.

Hope you enjoy and while you're there, I have about 17 High Definition videos for you to enjoy.

"><iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/22518279?title=0&byline=0&portrait=0&color=80ceff" frameborder="0" height="529" width="940"></iframe>

Watch and see what both players do and shoot and pick up thier differences in thier game.

Can you pick out their week points and thier strong points. And why one player has the edge over the other player.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know Chris was mad at himself after this match...after Warren scratched in the pocket, Chris made his ball in hand shot and the match was pretty much his, with wide open balls to run...unfortunately, at 12:18 in the tape, he got careless on the very next short, simple shot and didn't shoot hard enough for the ball to reach the pocket - this fatal error cost Chris the match.

I know I still remember the shots that I screwed up that cost me to lose games or a match at the DCC...:(

- Ghost

PS, As always - thanks Greg, for the videos.

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
One Pocket Ghost said:
I know Chris was mad at himself after this match...after Warren scratched in the pocket, Chris made his ball in hand shot and the match was pretty much his, with wide open balls to run...unfortunately, at 12:18 in the tape, he got careless on the very next short, simple shot and didn't shoot hard enough for the ball to reach the pocket - this fatal error cost Chris the match.

I know I still remember the shots that I screwed up that cost me to lose games or a match at the DCC...:(

- Ghost

PS, As always - thanks Greg, for the videos.

So this had the end of game one, all of game 2, then 1/2 of game 3?

Which also means he had him down 2-0 in games, and was looking run a bunch in game 3, but fouled by not hitting the ball hard enough to go in, but still had him down 1 to -2 and all the balls go uptable which you would think would favor Chris. Now Warren then makes a nice bank and gets fortuanate to have a nice combo and runs 5, but owes 2, so now it's 3-2 Warren. From there, you're saying that Warren wins the uptable game and then reels off 2 more wins?

Warren's not a slouch either, he beat Cliff Joyner too. Chris had to beat John Schmidt and Buddy Hall. I know when I moved on to the next match, I thought Chris was going to handily beat Warren. I didn't know he lost until I put this video together.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
CaliRed said:
So this had the end of game one, all of game 2, then 1/2 of game 3?

Which also means he had him down 2-0 in games, and was looking run a bunch in game 3, but fouled by not hitting the ball hard enough to go in, but still had him down 1 to -2 and all the balls go uptable which you would think would favor Chris. Now Warren then makes a nice bank and gets fortuanate to have a nice combo and runs 5, but owes 2, so now it's 3-2 Warren. From there, you're saying that Warren wins the uptable game and then reels off 2 more wins?

Warren's not a slouch either, he beat Cliff Joyner too. Chris had to beat John Schmidt and Buddy Hall. I know when I moved on to the next match, I thought Chris was going to handily beat Warren. I didn't know he lost until I put this video together.
Warren Kiamco is an excellent player and has a very good understanding of all pool games. He consistently finishes high in just about every tournament he enters. If I had to give a rating on his 9 ball game it would be on a par with a player like Rodney Morris. He's a very smart player with the savvy of veteran pinoy player. He's not a flashy player and does very little gambling, that's probably the reason why he's not as highly regarded as many players his equal.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Warren Kiamco is an excellent player and has a very good understanding of all pool games. He consistently finishes high in just about every tournament he enters. If I had to give a rating on his 9 ball game it would be on a par with a player like Rodney Morris. He's a very smart player with the savvy of veteran pinoy player. He's not a flashy player and does very little gambling, that's probably the reason why he's not as highly regarded as many players his equal.

Billy I.

One thing about the game off one pocket you must never let up. against good players.

My advice too all you players is to play harder and harder.

Push youreself moore and more dot let your opponent breath once you got him down.

Eferine does that too he lets up.

And goes into stuppers I dont no what causes that but it a big weekness that players need to get ride off.

When you are in position too win.

You must finish it up. Dont give thee other player no more chances, Hopines does that good. and Varner and Eddie Kelly.

You have too finish up and bear down harder then ever. dont let you appoinent bread.

Sufficate him if you can. And play him one ball against one ball.

So not give him a shot were he can run 3 or 4 balls and get back in the game.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
Nice video clip, Red! Yeah, Kiamco is not easy to beat, as Earl Strickland found out in Galveston. It look to me as though Chris was under-rolling his table speed. I noticed a few shots prior to the referenced shot that were a little short of the mark. I'm wondering if the table he played on prior was a little faster...

I really like Gentile's game. I watched him beat Buddy Hall 3-1, and I believe he won over Schmidt with the same score. He almost always takes the best shot, and his execution is way up there.

The other thing I like about him is his attitude and his disposition at the table. It's a similar to Little John's, although not quite as cocky. You get impression that he's not bothered by much, and that he expects to win.;)

Doc

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
gulfportdoc said:
The other thing I like about him is his attitude and his disposition at the table. It's a similar to Little John's, although not quite as cocky. You get impression that he's not bothered by much, and that he expects to win.;)

Doc

Good observation Doc! I notice the same thing about his demeanor. I don't see him get frustrated in any way, he has almost a lackadaisical approach. He just ambles up and shoots and then strolls back to his seat. He also gives off the impression that he is going to win, but like you say, not in a in your face cocky approach. I'm sorry I didn't stick around for that match now... After him being up 2-0, it would have interesting to see how you lost the last 2 games and what his demeanor was in doing so