BUDDY'S BREAK BUDDY vs JONES

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Buddy broke once (first braek) the regular way. otherwise this way.
jeremy broke the standard way.
the commentators mentioned that the corner ball was coming out alot on the break during the tournament.
can you savvy knowledgeable guys discuss the reasons to break this way and its pros and cons

cue ball hit above side pocket
will redo diagram

couldnt

Attachments

• jb1.jpg
    jb1.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
last try this is probably better
showing a flatter angle to the long side rail
jb5.jpg

Attachments

• jb4.jpg
    jb4.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
The further down the stack one connects with the CB, the less the corner ball tends to kick out. I've used the 2nd/3rd ball slot, but can't recall ever going lower.

If the corner ball was kicking out, Buddy should have just switched to the other side. If Jeremy's break wasn't kicking out the corner ball, then Buddy's wouldn't have either. But sometimes we get stubborn...

Doc

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
I watched two "A" bankers play one-hole, and when they play each other they use that break...when either one plays me, I get the standard break put on me.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
newfosgatesucks said:
I watched two "A" bankers play one-hole, and when they play each other they use that break...when either one plays me, I get the standard break put on me.
why do you think that is??

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
newfosgatesucks said:
billy you can sleep well tonight .:)
you dont have to buy anyone dinner:D
buddy didnt shoot the 2 ball:eek:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
but before i show you what he did shoot i must digress
billy i. and danny di were co commentators for this match:eek:
i must say you two guys were very entertaining .
and educational as well:)
many times dannys comment would be
"whadda you here"
and billy would give a dissertation
sometimes when you disagreed on the merit of either of your shot selections
it got alittle rough:p

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
there was one time in the matcg after buddy's shot he came over and said something to you two.

danny said to you billy
"you sharked buddy with your foot":eek:

if you remember that billy please share that with us.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
so what did buddy shoot???
they all want to know

danny di said immediately buddy should bank the 13 3 -rails:eek:
:eek:
billy you were adamant that was crazy because of the double kiss risk and the fact that buddy needed one and if he got the kiss it could be a sell out

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
lll said:
billy you can sleep well tonight .:)
you dont have to buy anyone dinner:D
buddy didnt shoot the 2 ball:eek:
Larry, don't cheat us all out of a free dinner. It's so rare that Cardone pulls a buck out that padlocked wallet of his, that we should take advantage of it.:D Of course he wimped out and suggested Burger King. I think it should at least be Denny's:

"Dick, to me 3 railing the 2 ball is CLEARLY the correct shot. If he doesn't 3 rail the 2 ball i'll buy everyone dinner at the next tournament. To me it's the only shot."

Doc

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
hey doc
not only did i put this in the wrong thread but i got caught trying to get billy off the hook:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
lll said:
View attachment 2801[/QUOTE

This is not a good breack and thier is no reason too shoot it.

Thier is another breack too shoot if he doesnt want too breack up the balls.

So we wants too out play his opponent. And he can do that but this is not the breack.

But he is thinking it will be safer and he wont scratch. Or leave a shot.

But he cannot control the balls breacking like this.

crystal cue

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
lll said:
View attachment 2801[/QUOTE

This is not a good breack and thier is no reason too shoot it.

Thier is another breack too shoot if he doesnt want too breack up the balls.

So we wants too out play his opponent. And he can do that but this is not the breack.

But he is thinking it will be safer and he wont scratch. Or leave a shot.

But he cannot control the balls breacking like this.

Hey Artie,when you played on a 5x10 back in the day did you use this break shot or did you use the "standard"break shot?

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
crystal cue said:
Artie Bodendorfer said:
Hey Artie,when you played on a 5x10 back in the day did you use this break shot or did you use the "standard"break shot?

I never looket for any gimicks too win. I broke the stansared breack shot that people play today. Nothing changed.

Thier are different breacks that work better for certain games and spots. But people have too learn yhem .

Or practice different breacks tell you find the correct breack. practice on your breack shot. Its a complete must. Too learn.

If you dont learn it correctly. Then the breack will work against you. And not too many people have learened it that I see.

Bractice tell you no whate you are doing is corect and you can control your breack.

If you have not learernd it yet. Work on it tell you no you will breack the balls correctly.

You dont need too go no further till you learn step one. And if you cannot answer yourself that you can breack the balls correctly.

You need to leep doing it tell you learn it. Do not go any further into the game. Learn the breack.

The breack is youre key factor. And rhat will decide you winning a lot off sessions.

People who breack poor hurts thier game too much. And its a big edge you are giving up.

Imagine what you are giving up in a session 3 out off 5 You breack the balls bad.

And your opponent breacks the balls good. Its too big off a edge too give ip too win.

What if I told you I could watch a game and tell you what a person has too do too win. Would you belive it or not.

BUt practice your breack and once you got it down. Youre game and cifedence will go up.

But most people just breack the balls . And whatever happines happines.

You can see when a player has the breack down. By were the balls go and the cue ball. Dont thake the breack for granted because you think its easy.

Its not easy not even for the good players. Practice tell you learn it. And you will thank me for stressing that point.

A lot off games are lost because a poor breack. Learn it record it and make it as clears as wighting your name in youre mind.

You will win a lot more games just from learning one part off the game.

Learn it and you will see I have given you something that will make youre game more solid.

I cannot stress the importance off the breack any more then I have. It can be the who;e game. On howe you breack.

I hope you will see how important it realy is. Dont take it for granted. And If you breack good and you are a good player. The champions dont like it.

Belive me its your first part off learning. It opens the door too victory.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Why they leave each other 'High'....
The eminent danger presented by the breaker is forgone in lieu of making sure there is no accidental bank left, in which case you lose the game.

With the depicted break, the chance of a cross-corner are slim to none.

For example, if you break and leave one close, only loosening the Bottom of the stack, the return shot has length to it, while requiring the cue to be left higher to avoid return bank. It is a good strategy to play strong bankers using this break. So a simple stop shot usually doesn't cut it for a break reply.

This is more true of maybe B+ players and lower, If you play a guy that can out move you it is a bad break.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
newfosgatesucks said:
Why they leave each other 'High'....
The eminent danger presented by the breaker is forgone in lieu of making sure there is no accidental bank left, in which case you lose the game.

With the depicted break, the chance of a cross-corner are slim to none.

For example, if you break and leave one close, only loosening the Bottom of the stack, the return shot has length to it, while requiring the cue to be left higher to avoid return bank. It is a good strategy to play strong bankers using this break. So a simple stop shot usually doesn't cut it for a break reply.

This is more true of maybe B+ players and lower, If you play a guy that can out move you it is a bad break.[/QUOTE

Her is another important facyor too put in youre mind. whenever you breack the balls dont breack them short.

I mean the cueball. Because thats when you leave a cross corner bank and its easy for the other player too get out off the trap and trap you.

So play the cue ball long not short.

Freddy will say thier he goes again smarnting up the eggs again. But its ok Freddy our days have past us by.

And I dont think those days are comeing back. This will help a lot off players and its my pleasure to have brought it out.

I have been very sick but im getting better again. And I will help as much as I can.

And maybe one day the whole package will be out. Learn what you are reading that is what you neeed too do if you want too learn.

Dont just read it. But do it. Youre action will tell you if you learned it if not go back tell you learned it one step at a time.

You cant do algrabra before you no howe much 1 + 1 is. Learn and abbsorb anthing you are reading. Do it tell youi can do it.

Dont let anything pass you buy. You are getting the best advice that you can get. FREE. What is better then that. I cant find no better answer.

Can you. HUnger for knowledge and motivate youself by learning you will reach youre goal and potential.

Dont let anything or anyone stop you from reaching and striving to reach youre exelence in being the player you want too be.

Work on youre game and think about the game and the player you want too be.

Its your dream. And you are giving your time and effort too make this dream come true. Love the game like you love youreself.

Dont let anything stop you from learning and becomeing the player you want too be.

Let the game light up every time you look at a pool table. Tghe lights the cloth the balls.

Feel the atmosphere and the excitment off playing and competing in a game you enjoy and love.