B. Incardona vs. S. Smith 1998 W.O.P.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
It's game one, Bill broke and sold out the corner ball. Smith cut the 6 in and left himself here. What do you figure his next two shots were?

P.S. Sorry Bill but this was too good to pass up:p .

SS's Shot.jpg

bstroud

Verified Member
I would shoot in the closest stripe and play position 2 rails for the 14-7 combo.
Game should be over.

Bill Stroud

Cary

Verified Member
From
Bertram, Texas
bstroud said:
I would shoot in the closest stripe and play position 2 rails for the 14-7 combo.
Game should be over.

Bill Stroud

ditto.

Which means I'm learning or you're dead wrong Bill.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:
It's game one, Bill broke and sold out the corner ball. Smith cut the 6 in and left himself here. What do you figure his next two shots were?

View attachment 2735

The eight ball and the strip ball by his pocket.

timdog24

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

I would play it Artie's way also. Try to open the balls a little when making the 8, and I have a guaranteed shot on that stripe with a good angle for position on the balls next.

senor

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:

I like 8 then stripe, using follow on the 8 so the cue ball caroms off the 2 or 7, opening some balls up and playing one rail position on the stripe.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
timdog24 said:
I would play it Artie's way also. Try to open the balls a little when making the 8, and I have a guaranteed shot on that stripe with a good angle for position on the balls next.[/QUOTE

Your a smart man. I see you no how too breack up the balls correctly.

And by doing that comeing off the eight ball the balls could open up in a real good angle.

And then shoot the stripball and get behind the balls. THats how I would do it. I am proud off how you are thinking.

And you keep control off the shots and the game. And thats what people need too learn so they dont trap themselves.

treeMan

Verified Member
I would do the same but I fear if I hit the 2 or 7 I may not get back behind the stripe on the short rail, or worst I can get trapped on the wrong side of it.

From way up here it looks like the 8 is straight enough to go through it with follow, straight to the side rail, and back behind the stripe. Then you may be straight enough to draw back for the other ball by the end rail.

But somehow I know that this is not he answer here. Please tell me how I can get more from this spot!

tree

senor said:
I like 8 then stripe, using follow on the 8 so the cue ball caroms off the 2 or 7, opening some balls up and playing one rail position on the stripe.

One Pocket John

Verified Member
8 ball first, 13 ball second playing position to bank the 5 to his side leaving the cue ball up on the long rail to protect the 5.

John

timdog24

Verified Member
senor said:

Personally, I prefer hitting the 8 with a below center/stun shot versus following through. I think the balls will open up better and I'm automatically in line for the stripe, with already a good angle to get on all the balls.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Artie Bodendorfer said:
I like this option the best.

The option to pocket the stripe and go forward two rails for the 14-7 combo is ok but because of the space between the two balls, and that they are not lined up dead it could be risky since you need to cut the 14 ball slightly.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I like banking the 1ball straight back, and drawing the cueball down to the foot rail for the striped ball next...:)

- Goastt

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
treeMan said:
I would do the same but I fear if I hit the 2 or 7 I may not get back behind the stripe on the short rail, or worst I can get trapped on the wrong side of it.

From way up here it looks like the 8 is straight enough to go through it with follow, straight to the side rail, and back behind the stripe. Then you may be straight enough to draw back for the other ball by the end rail.

But somehow I know that this is not he answer here. Please tell me how I can get more from this spot!

tree

You got it right senor High Cue ball some right hand evglish will Bring you thier no mater uf you mis the 8 ball completly.

The cue hall will go thier of foo any off the other two balls. The two ball and the 7 ball. Thats they way I would shoot that shot. No draw or cencer ball witll get you their.

If you hit the 8 ball to thin ypu could end up in the stack.

Senor is shooting the shot correctly.

Peso

From
Fruita, Colorado
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 2735

upon further review. I don't believe my opening shot can even see the pocket...nevermind, says the rookie.

I like the breakout shot from the stripe just above the 8. I would have a difficult time getting the cue back where it is from the other options. I think that's the best place for the shot/breakout I described, so I'd probably take that shot and have a fairly good chance at a run out if I made it. I would be looking pretty hard at getting to that lower stripe to clear out the easy 5 ball one railer after another shot or two. If I was not stroking the ball very well, I'd probably go 8, stripe, and safe...I guess the flaw in my thining is that risk reward on the first shot. I miss, I probably lose.

Last edited:

senor

Verified Member
timdog24 said:
Personally, I prefer hitting the 8 with a below center/stun shot versus following through. I think the balls will open up better and I'm automatically in line for the stripe, with already a good angle to get on all the balls.

Definitely an option, but personally being a right-hander, I don't think shooting the stripe from the stack area would be too easy. Might have problems reaching, or making a bridge over several balls, or having to use the rake.

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Cowboy Dennis said:

View attachment 2735

15 ... or the ball closest his hole ..... 3 ball combo the 7 .... play the 8 or the stripe that came down off the combo or maybe the two ball .... should be out if he can play a tap. If he is a nineballer he won't get past two balls .... if even that.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
When ever my opponent has a ball near his pocket like the five ball in this scenario I try to make sure that I always have access to it in case something goes wrong in my plan to pocket balls.

Worse thing is to try to position for something and not get there and then be hooked on the ball near their pocket. This many times will dictate my shot selections.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Frank Almanza said:
When ever my opponent has a ball near his pocket like the five ball in this scenario I try to make sure that I always have access to it in case something goes wrong in my plan to pocket balls.

Worse thing is to try to position for something and not get there and then be hooked on the ball near their pocket. This many times will dictate my shot selections.[/QUOTE

Thatsa good point too remember If you figure this out ahead off time it will not happen.

And you figure it out before you shoot. Whats happines if you go short or long on the shot.

If you can still get out off it by playing it short then thats how you play the cueball.

And if you go long you get in trouble. and you cant go short on the shot.

Trfigure what you have too do. Or shoot a different shot. You dont want too be shooting any tough shots.

And even breacking up the balls. If you dont no whats going too happen then shoot something else.

But figure it out brfore you shoot not after you shoot.

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
8 ball, followed by the 13, and try to get where you can draw into the 10 ball off of it so you can bank the hanger by his hole. You have a myriad of carom and combo possibilities if you get any farther.

Why would you play two rail shapes and risk not falling on a ball, on top of not being where you can destroy his position in the event of getting bad? You are forcing yourself to shoot....Intrigue me/enlighten me...